ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs Seattle U

Miners are 5-6 vs D1 teams

“Great” win over UCSB, now 4-5 vs D1, 0-2 in Big West
Loyola Marymount is 6-7 vs D1
Austin Peay is 4-8 vs D1
Cal is 4-8 and has had all D1 games
Bradley is 7-5 vs D1, 0-2 in MVC
TAMU-CC is 3-6 vs D1, other victims are Omaha and UTRGV. Great company!
Oregon is 10-3, 2-0 in P12, all D1 games
ACU is 4-8 vs D1, 0-2 in WAC
Norfolk St is 6-6 vs D1
Wyoming is 5-6 vs D1
Seattle is 7-5 vs D1, 1-1 in WAC

Chicago St is 7-12 vs D1 and will play KSt and Ok St before playing here. Their 5* Twin Brothers haven’t played yet and probably won’t ever for them.

UTEP is trash and headed for a mediocre season. NIT is out of the question. Time to fire Bronzeing and move on.

Miners are 5-6 vs D1 teams

“Great” win over UCSB, now 4-5 vs D1, 0-2 in Big West
Loyola Marymount is 6-7 vs D1
Austin Peay is 4-8 vs D1
Cal is 4-8 and has had all D1 games
Bradley is 7-5 vs D1, 0-2 in MVC
TAMU-CC is 3-6 vs D1, other victims are Omaha and UTRGV. Great company!
Oregon is 10-3, 2-0 in P12, all D1 games
ACU is 4-8 vs D1, 0-2 in WAC
Norfolk St is 6-6 vs D1
Wyoming is 5-6 vs D1
Seattle is 7-5 vs D1, 1-1 in WAC

Chicago St is 7-12 vs D1 and will play KSt and Ok St before playing here. Their 5* Twin Brothers haven’t played yet and probably won’t ever for them.

UTEP is trash and headed for a mediocre season. NIT is out of the question. Time to fire Bronzeing and move on.
Man, that is terrible when you look at it like that all written out.

After the Wyoming game, I believed last night’s game would go the way of Powell. Powell didn t show up and they forced utep to shoot from the outside and this team can’t shoot.
I missed the game last night, but I'll assume Seattle played lots of zone. Any team that doesn't play zone against UTEP is foolish.

I didn’t want to post an emotionally driven post game comment so I slept on it;

This game sucked to go to. Season ticket holders are going to get a few stinkers by nature but I thought we were past that. What really killed me was walking to our seats and seeing a young man with his sons, maybe 14 and 6, walking on the concourse. I remember going with my dad and creating memories at incredible UTEP games but what is the next generation going to have?

Sure UTEP athletics has a problem right now, but they’ll have a real problem when the attendance drops below the ~15k football and ~6k basketball floors. If Senter and Co are not careful, they will ruin UTEP attendance for a generation by not giving the young kids teams to latch on to.

UTEP major sports; FB & BB are both in contention to compete for worst of the worst. I think we were mostly pumped about the Golding hire, because "one game" made him a phenom. We along with Senter were fooled. It is a real carbon copy with the Walden hire. Let's hope there's a different outcome.
I'm lucky to to have lived in the 60's, 70's & 80's. Basketball was absolutely astonishing with so many memories of game outcomes, great rivalries, great players(both ours and opponents). We played the best teams in the nation and got more than our share of wins. I have a bundle of pleasured memories which most of you missed. It's all ancient history now. It'll never return. Football; different story.

UTEP major sports; FB & BB are both in contention to compete for worst of the worst. I think we were mostly pumped about the Golding hire, because "one game" made him a phenom. We along with Senter were fooled. It is a real carbon copy with the Walden hire. Let's hope there's a different outcome.
I'm lucky to to have lived in the 60's, 70's & 80's. Basketball was absolutely astonishing with so many memories of game outcomes, great rivalries, great players(both ours and opponents). We played the best teams in the nation and got more than our share of wins. I have a bundle of pleasured memories which most of you missed. It's all ancient history now. It'll never return. Football; different story.
Didn’t live here in the sixties, but watch a great deal of games in the late seventies and all the eighties and nineties. Boy do I miss those times.

I didn’t want to post an emotionally driven post game comment so I slept on it;

This game sucked to go to. Season ticket holders are going to get a few stinkers by nature but I thought we were past that. What really killed me was walking to our seats and seeing a young man with his sons, maybe 14 and 6, walking on the concourse. I remember going with my dad and creating memories at incredible UTEP games but what is the next generation going to have?

Sure UTEP athletics has a problem right now, but they’ll have a real problem when the attendance drops below the ~15k football and ~6k basketball floors. If Senter and Co are not careful, they will ruin UTEP attendance for a generation by not giving the young kids teams to latch on to.
The game day atmosphere at either Sun Bowl🏈 or DHC does not lead to fan or student enthusiasm either. It has been stale for years even if they were above .500 or right at. Yes I have been advocating for Senter and UTEP Athletics to install LED lighting for court/ field. Both structures have to be renovated. The cell service at 🏀 games apparently are not working either which leads to problems entering the arena.

I also missed out on the sixties, but was fortunate to experience the seventies and especially the eighties. I mentioned in a post that it is very disappointing that we are losing to this level of teams when we use to beat and compete with the likes of Georgetown, Alabama, Ohio St., Purdue, Texas, Arizona, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT