ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs WKU

It is't negative, it is the truth. Golding needs to step up the recruiting.
Honestly he should be embarrassed with the product he put on the court for Utep to see. It is a fireable offense. If you need more money for players then get your ass on a burner phone and call every successful business owner personally and ask them for NIL money. It will go a long way coming from the head coach. Again, I hate when people complain and are negative but I think they’ve broken my spirit as a fan 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jesus christ. They need to get rid of every single player on this team. Maybe keep Frazier and Solomon as role players. I apologize for being negative. I really try not to
I'm surprised you like Solomon.

If the team were to empty out again and the team needs to be reconstructed again, I'd want a different HC to do it. Golding can't recruit.

After shooting 50% from the floor in the 1st half, 60% from deep, we shot 33% and 21% from deep in the 2nd.

Dos Anjos was 1-8, 0-6 from deep
Solomon was 1-5, 3-6 from the line
Sibley was 1-5, 0-3 from deep

3 for 18 between these guys in 66 minutes of court time. 0-10 from beyond the arc. That’s just unacceptable.

After shooting 50% from the floor in the 1st half, 60% from deep, we shot 33% and 21% from deep in the 2nd.

Dos Anjos was 1-8, 0-6 from deep
Solomon was 1-5, 3-6 from the line
Sibley was 1-5, 0-3 from deep

3 for 18 between these guys in 66 minutes of court time. 0-10 from beyond the arc. That’s just unacceptable.
Yep. We should literally stop shooting 3s for a game and see what happens.

Meanwhile Souley Boum had a monster game on national tv.

I heard recently, and this may be old news but it was new to me, that Souley Boum never wanted to transfer. But Coach Golding told him he needed to go get paid and he shouldn’t miss out on the opportunity.

Reactions: FedupMiner
I’m fine with Hardy, Frazier and Givance shooting a few 3s per game, how many depending on whether they start hot or not. The 3 guys above who I gave stats on weren’t even close on a single one of those 3s taken. Especially Dos Anjos. He was wayyy off.
I counted at least 4 designed plays to get dos Anjos the open three (which he missed). Golding says dos Anjos is probably the team's best three point shooter. With Sharpe on the interior, it obviously makes it tough to score in the paint. Players have to make plays, but Golding needs to quit going to the same guy when he is not hitting. Also, when Sharpe was out of the game, why not coach the guys to drive to the hoop? That's on Golding.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the game, I spent the day playing mini golf and stuffing my face at five guys with the fam. Sounds like the same 'ol same 'ol. It's disheartening to be a fan of so many bad teams. Looking at the stat sheet it seems like we shot decent, but we fouled a ton.

TEAM STATS
i
i
FG24-5924-53
Field Goal %40.745.3
3PT9-247-20
Three Point %37.535.0
FT12-2019-25
Free Throw %60.076.0
Rebounds3539
Offensive Rebounds1210
Defensive Rebounds2329
Assists910
Steals95
Blocks26
Total Turnovers1113
Fouls2518

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I didn't watch the game, I spent the day playing mini golf and stuffing my face at five guys with the fam. Sounds like the same 'ol same 'ol. It's disheartening to be a fan of so many bad teams. Looking at the stat sheet it seems like we shot decent, but we fouled a ton.

TEAM STATS
i
i
FG24-5924-53
Field Goal %40.745.3
3PT9-247-20
Three Point %37.535.0
FT12-2019-25
Free Throw %60.076.0
Rebounds3539
Offensive Rebounds1210
Defensive Rebounds2329
Assists910
Steals95
Blocks26
Total Turnovers1113
Fouls2518
You chose five guys over Roscos. Hmmm

I counted at least 4 designed plays to get dos Anjos the open three (which he missed). Golding says dos Anjos is probably the team's best three point shooter. With Sharpe on the interior, it obviously makes it tough to score in the paint. Players have to make plays, but Golding needs to quit going to the same guy when he is not hitting. Also, when Sharpe was out of the game, why not coach the guys to drive to the hoop? That's on Golding.
Yeah, I believe it. He had some wiiiide open looks today. Dos Anjos hit a couple the other night so he’s capable, but he was so far off on his attempts today. Maybe I’m missing one, but nothing he shot from 3 even came close. If he’s the best 3 point shooter on the team, he seems to be like Jalen Ragland or Trey Touchet, who could hit in practice, but it rarely translated over to game time.

Also, I agree with going to the hole when Sharp was out of the game. So did the commentators.

TEAM STATS
i
i
FG24-5924-53
Field Goal %40.745.3
3PT9-247-20
Three Point %37.535.0
FT12-2019-25
Free Throw %60.076.0
Rebounds3539
Offensive Rebounds1210
Defensive Rebounds2329
Assists910
Steals95
Blocks26
Total Turnovers1113
Fouls2518
We shot great the first half. Miserably the second half.

I heard recently, and this may be old news but it was new to me, that Souley Boum never wanted to transfer. But Coach Golding told him he needed to go get paid and he shouldn’t miss out on the opportunity.
Wouldn’t be surprised by that. Hopefully Good Guy Joe is racking up bountiful karma, and that what goes around will come around.

If that story is true about Soule, then Golding shouldn’t be coaching here and I shouldn’t be spending my money on season tics.
I doubt it, but I wouldn't put it past him. Boum signing with Xavier said it wasn't about NIL, but I'm sure it was icing on the cake.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with Golding’s advice if true. He’s looking out for the best interest of his players. A lot could have gone wrong for Boum if he stayed and very little good. Now he gets paid, plays for a nationally ranked team, makes the tournament, and puts himself in better position for publicity.

If he stays what? We limp to .500. Please. It’s much bigger than a couple of wins for UTEP.

I see nothing wrong with Golding’s advice if true. He’s looking out for the best interest of his players. A lot could have gone wrong for Boum if he stayed and very little good. Now he gets paid, plays for a nationally ranked team, makes the tournament, and puts himself in better position for publicity.

If he stays what? We limp to .500. Please. It’s much bigger than a couple of wins for UTEP.
Well said JC.👍

I agree, that could help build recruiting ties for him in the future and shows players that he actually wants what’s best for them. Plus how many people here have said coaches should use utep as a p5 feeder school? I’ve read a few comments saying so and likely what happened. If the scenario is true, it could be what he’s doing to make those type of recruiting situations more favorable for UTEP and CG. With the new recruiting landscape looking like it is, there’s not much of a chance in us getting a player who blows up here and stays here. They’re either going P5 or the draft. So if coach is looking out for his players like that, word will hopefully get around and maybe put coach in a positive light with recruits & transfers.

If true, don’t ask me to be a season ticket holder or give to the collective (I am in for both) if you’re recruiting out your best shooter when you have no shooters.

Honestly he should be embarrassed with the product he put on the court for Utep to see. It is a fireable offense. If you need more money for players then get your ass on a burner phone and call every successful business owner personally and ask them for NIL money. It will go a long way coming from the head coach. Again, I hate when people complain and are negative but I think they’ve broken my spirit as a fan 🤦🏻‍♂️
Using a burner phone implies that he would be doing something against the rules.

If Golding's conscience compelled him to tell Boum the truth, I can't fault him for that. I'm Catholic; we're instructed to follow our conscience. I DON'T want to fire a coach because he didn't use "burner phones" to bend the rules.

Using a burner phone implies that he would be doing something against the rules.

If Golding's conscience compelled him to tell Boum the truth, I can't fault him for that. I'm Catholic; we're instructed to follow our conscience. I DON'T want to fire a coach because he didn't use "burner phones" to bend the rules.
I love coach Golding. I was just being dramatic after the game. I have never wanted any coach to succeed as much as I want him to. Okay, well then he should just use his regular phone and let people know what him and the program need to be successful. His conscience should tell him that he’s getting paid good money to win, and therefore should do whatever it takes to give himself the best chance to succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT