ADVERTISEMENT

WKU vs UTEP. It’s Homecoming Week

There is no factual proof but UTEP appeared all in on Bailey even before the start of the season. He greatly endeared himself to the media and others and who had southern charismatic charm that made their little toes curl up inside. There still appeared to be Bailey love when he was interviewed after Kugler was hired. I can't remember that happening with prior coaches? The Lee to Bailey to Nord then back to Kugler family coaching tree is hopefully behind UTEP. That is over fifteen years of UTEP football strife that needs to be put in history books never to be repeated.

And what do those former UTEP coaches have in common? Stubbornness (to change), just like Dimel.

Opening Line: WKU -10.5 (o54.5)
Currently; WKU -9.5 (o54.5)
Prediction:
WKU 31
UTEP 21
Attendance: 13,007

Two good passing defense, two poor offenses, WKU’s offense has been bad lately, UTEP’s defense has actually been decent.

The difference will be which team can grab points in their red zone trips and not make stupid mistakes.

Gimme the Miners but I won’t bet that current +9 but heavily lean the under.

UTEP 24
WKU 20

Two good passing defense, two poor offenses, WKU’s offense has been bad lately, UTEP’s defense has actually been decent.

The difference will be which team can grab points in their red zone trips and not make stupid mistakes.

Gimme the Miners but I won’t bet that current +9 but heavily lean the under.

UTEP 24
WKU 20
Remember this headline from August?

"Here's how a seasoned offense will be key to UTEP's success in 2023"
"A good offense starts with a good offensive line and a good quarterback, which begins to explain why the UTEP football team feels so good about its chances to be explosive in 2023."-Bloomquist EPTimes 08/24/2023

Efficiency stats

UTEP PPG 18.7
WKU 29.9

Third Down Efficiency

UTEP 31.62
WKU 37.93

Fourth Down Efficiency (Dimel tends to go it on fourth down)

UTEP 47.62
WKU 56.25

Yards per Rush Attempt

UTEP 4.1
WKU 4.2

Penalties Yards Per Game (UTEP's thorn)

UTEP 62
WKU 40

Turnover's

UTEP -6
WKU 8

As we have seen, UTEP will at get a "pendejada" penalty that will continue at least one touchdown drive for WKU that would would have otherwise been a punt situation.

Dimel will once again mismanage his timeout's and have nothing when he needs them.

Which Kelly Akharaiyi will we get Saturday night? The one who looks like a late NFL draft pick or a struggling K.A.?

Throw in one INT, many broken tackles, lack of big chunk play ability; however, notorious for giving up big chunk plays, inefficient and limited play management (Dimel always runs on first down but typically second as well), inability to adjust after halftime, lack of any type of mid game and much more and you got Dimel UTEP football.

Big time excitement for this game day!
Win the next two by some miracle, (which by the way I don't think will happen) and things will get real interesting for the last game against a potentially undefeated Liberty team with Bowl Eligibility on the line. I think rn no one in EP believes in Dimel.or this team and they shouldn't from what we've seen this year.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Liberty is already up 2 TD’s after one quarter, granted it’s a Jekyll & Hyde LT team.

Win the next two by some miracle, (which by the way I don't think will happen) and things will get real interesting for the last game against a potentially undefeated Liberty team with Bowl Eligibility on the line. I think rn no one in EP believes in Dimel.or this team and they shouldn't from what we've seen this year.
Spoiler alert. UTEP would shit the bed. This fantasy ends in a few hours anyway.

This years schedule should have been a cakewalk for bowl eligibility with a 6 year HC. CUSA is god awful as a whole.
Yup. Liberty was the clear cut favorite with WKU in second but JSU got better as time went on and the gags had a great October.

Spoiler alert. UTEP would shit the bed. This fantasy ends in a few hours anyway.
I don't believe there will be a fantasy either and literally said I don't think they'll win tonight nor next week. I responded to the fact that there is not much interest amongst Miner fans and why. You, I, and most of us don't obviously seeing UTEP gong into that game against Liberty 5-6, but like I said, if by miracle it happened it'd get real interesting.

Valiant effort, but same mistakes and missed opportunities put this season to bed as far as any bowl hopes. Now time to move on with who's going to coach this Miner Football team next year! Thanks for your effort Dimel, but a change is needed, best of luck elsewhere.

The freakin money we paid him, ( for doing nothing) he doesn’t need to work.

Who the **** would hire Dismel for any job???
Fact is if he wants a job he'll get hired as an assistant somewhere, cause of his years of experience and you and I both know that. So whether Miner fans or u think he should or not, if he wants he will be hired as an assistant. However who the F cares what he does after hopefully getting fired here, that's not what I'm concerned with. I care about who we bring in next.

Fact is if he wants a job he'll get hired as an assistant somewhere, cause of his years of experience and you and I both know that. So whether Miner fans or u think he should or not, if he wants he will be hired as an assistant. However who the F cares what he does after hopefully getting fired here, that's not what I'm concerned with. I care about who we bring in next.
Not a bad recruiter but KSU “let’s part ways, but we got you another mid-major job” is worn out.

NMSU wins with below average football talent combined with great coaching.

Utep continues to lose and lose with average talent ( but better than NMSU) due to the worst offensive coach in the league.

It’s that simple.

They don’t save any money. He has a contract. Unless he flat out quits or dies, UTEP is on the hook for the next 14 months. Unless they come to an agreement to buyout his final year.
It's going to be be pretty telling if he's still the coach by tomorrow. There's really no reason to keep him around if you're going to let him go after the season. There really hasn't been a reason to keep him around since the UNLV game, but if the admin was really going with officially being bowl ineligible....

I'm not an insider, I don't know any insiders, but my gut says he's the coach next year as long as he gives up play calling. Which would be weird because he might be a better play caller than a game manager, and that's really saying something.

I don’t believe he will give up calling the plays. As much as I hate it, I truly believe he will be our coach next year. Senter and Wilson just refuse to acknowledge how much money they are losing!
I emailed Wilson this morning asking for changes, I would almost guarantee I will not get a response.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
It's going to be be pretty telling if he's still the coach by tomorrow. There's really no reason to keep him around if you're going to let him go after the season. There really hasn't been a reason to keep him around since the UNLV game, but if the admin was really going with officially being bowl ineligible....

I'm not an insider, I don't know any insiders, but my gut says he's the coach next year as long as he gives up play calling. Which would be weird because he might be a better play caller than a game manager, and that's really saying something.
He will be the coach. He will finish out the season. An interim coach could have done something after LaTech or NMSU. Nothing anyone can do now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT