ADVERTISEMENT

WKU vs UTEP. It’s Homecoming Week

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
WKU will bring UTEP back down to earth after a win against winless SHSU. UTEP will play tough in first half but the Hilltoppers will blow it open in second half as WKU QB Reed picks apart UTEP secondary.

UTEP 17
WKU 48

this should be a rather easy win for the "Magic Miners" .. Now that Cade has some experience running the offense
I expect to see more passing than running, The passing is a real threat now and should open things up for Burgess and company...
But the coach still has to go ..
Should see a good crowd of 20K for homecoming ...
going to be a real barn burner Saturday night
Magic Miners 35
WKU 24

this should be a rather easy win for the "Magic Miners" .. Now that Cade has some experience running the offense
I expect to see more passing than running, The passing is a real threat now and should open things up for Burgess and company...
But the coach still has to go ..
Should see a good crowd of 20K for homecoming ...
going to be a real barn burner Saturday night
Magic Miners 35
WKU 24
If UTEP manages to defeat WKU and then wins the road game at MTSU, there needs to be a "sell out the Sun Bowl" effort for the final home game against Liberty with the bowl game on the line. Pull out all the stops with the promotions.

WKU is beatable this year, but I don’t think the gadget/trick plays Dimel is going to pull will be enough

UTEP 24

WKU 34

If UTEP manages to defeat WKU and then wins the road game at MTSU, there needs to be a "sell out the Sun Bowl" effort for the final home game against Liberty with the bowl game on the line. Pull out all the stops with the promotions.
Lol yeah WKU is not an fcs level team so utep stands no chance.

Unless WKU eats Chicos as their pregame meal. 🤔 Someone get in contact with WKUs head coach. WKU will be too worried about another type of runs to run up the score on utep.

Dimel somehow wins out and goes to a bowl and gets a contract extension.

[Many UTEP fans]
7HkJLI.gif

• Wow
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Dimel somehow wins out and goes to a bowl and gets a contract extension.

[Many UTEP fans]
7HkJLI.gif
If they win out, gotta give them credit. I don’t think that’s good enough for an extension anyway, but Senter is calling the shots.

The only bad loss is LaTech and you can argue NMSU is a bad loss because of the score. Again, not good enough for year 6. This should be what the next coach’s year 1 or 2 looks like.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
If they win out, gotta give them credit. I don’t think that’s good enough for an extension anyway, but Senter is calling the shots.

The only bad loss is LaTech and you can argue NMSU is a bad loss because of the score. Again, not good enough for year 6. This should be what the next coach’s year 1 or 2 looks like.

IF UTEP wins out and IF they win a bowl game, then I think that would be a possibility.

If you assume a 10% chance of winning each of the three regular season games and a 10% chance of winning the bowl game, then 10,000 to 1 is exactly correct. I'm on board with that.

Whatever you think the probability is of winning each of the games, multiply those 4 numbers together (decimalized) to get the probability of winning all four.

Dimel is stubborn and stupid enough to set McConnell up for failure. If Cade can pull out a good game, it will prove that Dimel shouldn't have stuck with Gavin Hardison so long. This season is on the razors edge of ruin as it is. It won't mean a thing to Dimel if the season goes completely down the toilet. He knows he's already been here longer than he deserves. The only miracle that can save Dimel is that they win out the regular season and win a bowl game. It's all or none now.

The way it’ll probably go down is that UTEP will surprise everybody with upset wins in it’s next two, setting up a “showdown” with Liberty that gets UTEP fans excited and on the edge of their seats, only to blow a 17 point 1st half lead and shit the bed yet again.

Reactions: FedupMiner
Dimel does Dimel ... the only change coming next year is getting a new OC. We all expect him to be back next year to fulfill his contract. Let get Senter to move on first .. NOW, if Dimel decides to move on and retire then I think Aaron Price or Barrick Neely should be considered...

When does Senter’s contract expire. That’s the only way he leaves. Wilson doesn’t care enough to get rid of him.

Running game works, passing game doesn't do enough, big costly penalties and questionable play calling. This all leads to Dimel giving his same shoulda, coulda, would a speech.

Miners Officially eliminated from Bowl Contention 27
W. Kentucky on their way to another Bowl season 35

Reactions: EPUTEP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT