ADVERTISEMENT

VIVA Ford scam

Sure it would save people money, but how many car salesman would be out of a job, what are those guys supposed to do for a living now?

I already posted it, but $4,000 extra over 72 months is $55. If you can afford to buy a 41k vehicle, $55 a month isn’t shit. Sure, most people would love to save 4K, but the extra $55 is not going to prevent them for buying the vehicle

Henry Ford should have never invented the auto assembly line because it put all the horse buggy manufacturers out of business? Really? Times change, are you sure you're not a conservative?

BTW, I hear states are hiring contact tracers.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I already posted it, but $4,000 extra over 72 months is $55. If you can afford to buy a 41k vehicle, $55 a month isn’t shit. Sure, most people would love to save 4K, but the extra $55 is not going to prevent them for buying the vehicle

You are taking like a salesman. ‘It’s only 55 more dollars a month.’ No, it’s 4K more. Nobody wants to pay 10% more when you can shop around and get a better deal. 41K might be the high end of their budget. 4K matters.

You are taking like a salesman. ‘It’s only 55 more dollars a month.’ No, it’s 4K more. Nobody wants to pay 10% more when you can shop around and get a better deal. 41K might be the high end of their budget. 4K matters.

Not really. If you’re even considering a 41k car, you probably wouldn’t be buying the base model if 41k is the high end of your budget. That argument makes no sense.

Yeah could shop around, but not at Tesla. 41k is 41k. If you go different lots with 41k, you have a myriad of options.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Not really. If you’re even considering a 41k car, you probably wouldn’t be buying the base model if 41k is the high end of your budget. That argument makes no sense.

All assumptions on your part. 4K matters whether you are looking at a base model or the high end of a lower priced vehicle. Nobody dismisses 4K when you are looking at 41K vehicles.

Yeah could shop around, but not at Tesla. 41k is 41k. If you go different lots with 41k, you have a myriad of options.

Exactly - and you’d want the most bang for your buck. You are not going to say ‘what’s another 4K.’

All assumptions on your part. 4K matters whether you are looking at a base model or the high end of a lower priced vehicle. Nobody dismisses 4K when you are looking at 41K vehicles.

Exactly - and you’d want the most bang for your buck. You are not going to say ‘what’s another 4K.’

A smart person who’s top car budget is 41k, should not be buying a 41k car. 90% of Americans are not buying cars that start at 41k, especially something that is not a SUV or Truck.

Tesla is for a different level of consumers.

Actually, the average millionaire purchases and drives used cars.

Also, just because you can make the payment, doesn't mean you can afford to buy the car. The dealers are trying to convince you that you can make the payment.

I see tons of really nice cars that are $50k plus in Sunland Park and Chaparral in front of Single Wide trailers that arent worth $10k

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Actually, the average millionaire purchases and drives used cars.

Also, just because you can make the payment, doesn't mean you can afford to buy the car. The dealers are trying to convince you that you can make the payment.

I see tons of really nice cars that are $50k plus in Sunland Park and Chaparral in front of Single Wide trailers that arent worth $10k

Yuup. Most people are dumb and only an idiot would buy a 41k car if that was the high end of what they can afford.

However, it’s your money and can spend it how you wish. I recommend buying used or if you’re buying new, save up for at least 50% down. The only exception would be if you car breaks down and it costs too much to fix and is too old. Then buying a new car with minimal down payment is “okay”.

Yuup. Most people are dumb and only an idiot would buy a 41k car if that was the high end of what they can afford.

However, it’s your money and can spend it how you wish. I recommend buying used or if you’re buying new, save up for at least 50% down. The only exception would be if you car breaks down and it costs too much to fix and is too old. Then buying a new car with minimal down payment is “okay”.

That makes absolutely zero sense. Everybody has a limit, or high end, on what they are willing to spend on a car, whether it be 41k, 20k or 10k.

That makes absolutely zero sense. Everybody has a limit, or high end, on what they are willing to spend on a car, whether it be 41k, 20k or 10k.

Okay, what I meant is, if you’re approved for an up to 41k loan, that doesn’t mean you should get a 41k car. You’re much better off buying a 25-35k car.

Okay, what I meant is, if you’re approved for an up to 41k loan, that doesn’t mean you should get a 41k car. You’re much better off buying a 25-35k car.

Right, and I agree. I get that. So someone who qualifies for a 50-60k car loan would be wise to keep it at about 40k. That is still considered the high end of what they “should” spend.

Bottom line: You can’t tell me that you wouldn’t want to save 10% on a 40k purchase.

Right, and I agree. I get that. So someone who qualifies for a 50-60k car loan would be wise to keep it at about 40k. That is still considered the high end of what they “should” spend.

Bottom line: You can’t tell me that you wouldn’t want to save 10% on a 40k purchase.

Of course I would, but my point was that a person buying a 41k base car isn’t really going to be that concerned with 4K. The normal, everyday people of our society are not buying 41k cars.

Of course I would, but my point was that a person buying a 41k base car isn’t really going to be that concerned with 4K. The normal, everyday people of our society are not buying 41k cars.
And you know that wasn't my point. I didn't say everyone should by a 40k car. I simply said Tesla does it right and cuts out the middleman.

I don’t know. I don’t totally disagree, but can you test drive it before you put down money for one? It’s not like buying a toaster. It’s a significant investment. Part of going to dealer, especially one with more than one brand, is test driving a variety of vehicles.

Exactly the same thing when people say online shopping is better. Some people like trying on clothes and actually touching the items that they want to purchase.

Last edited:
Sure it would save people money, but how many car salesman would be out of a job, what are those guys supposed to do for a living now?

Exactly. It's like looking at a wedding venue for $50k. Do you think the person will say no if the price increases to $55k? I don't think so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT