ADVERTISEMENT

Way to play Miners! Willms and Artis

How is wilms doing his scoring? Is he posting up ? Is it jump shots? How would you describe his game?

I think UTEP put to rest of D'Antoni philosophy that the inside game "is dead" as he proclaimed in a post game video late last month against Pitt. I'm in no way saying put away the "fire Floyd" signs, but Floyd outcoached him tonight because of Wilms and Thomas inside play and this game was refreshing for hard core Miner fans. Marshall was stone cold and basically lost their composure while UTEP maintained theirs. We will see on Thursday and Friday what UTEP is made?

Reactions: unihorn
Of all the games I've been watching on tv the last 2 weeks, not one commentator (which is usually an ex-coach) has proclaimed the inside game is dead in college basketball. They have all stressed the advantages and importance of an inside and out game, however. You've got to have it, no question.

Reactions: unihorn
How is wilms doing his scoring? Is he posting up ? Is it jump shots? How would you describe his game?

Coming together at the right time. Scoring down low with post up baby hooks and good composure. Down side, he still makes stupid freshman fouls at times.

Marshall big men were trying to bait the UTEP bigs but only once or twice did it hurt UTEP and those call were home town cooking calls. In the end Marshall lost Taylor that UTEP guards exlpoited after his departure.

UAB has a solid and beefy big man and will probably be Wilms biggest challenge this year.

Last edited:
Of all the games I've been watching on tv the last 2 weeks, not one commentator (which is usually an ex-coach) has proclaimed the inside game is dead in college basketball. They have all stressed the advantages and importance of an inside and out game, however. You've got to have, no question.

Totally agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT