ADVERTISEMENT

What's your all-time favorite Miner uniform?

M i n e r

Rookie
Mar 20, 2016
omar-thomas-of-the-university-of-texas-el-paso-miners-moves-the-ball-picture-id50833713

I would like to see a black jersey for both football and basketball. Black jersey with orange lettering. Black helmet with an orange pick-axe or the miner head logo.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I would like a silver helmet with an orange and blue pick axe, orange jersey, and silver pants.

All time favorite is orange helmet, orange jersey, white pants.

I would like some consistency with the uniforms. At least at home. This is our Home uniform, period. For away, eh, get crazy, kids like that. But home, select 1 color scheme, and make that our home uniform always.

Those are up there and the 2010 with the work out shirt (not to mention it's when UTEP last won a conference crown).

I do like the new football uniforms and helmet. I hope Dimel doesn't change it too much because I know coaches like to add their personal touch to the uni's sometimes.

I would like to see a black jersey for both football and basketball. Black jersey with orange lettering. Black helmet with an orange pick-axe or the miner head logo.

It would probably look sharp, but it won't happen anytime soon. It would have trouble getting approved since black isn't an "official" UTEP color

We had a black jersey for basketball a few years ago. I think it was the best looking basketball jersey we've ever had.

I only say it's not likely because another team on campus tried to get a black uniform earlier this school year and it wasn't approved because black isn't an official UTEP color

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I only say it's not likely because another team on campus tried to get a black uniform earlier this school year and it wasn't approved because black isn't an official UTEP color
Let me call my guy Jim S. to get it squared away!

Those are up there and the 2010 with the work out shirt (not to mention it's when UTEP last won a conference crown).

I do like the new football uniforms and helmet. I hope Dimel doesn't change it too much because I know coaches like to add their personal touch to the uni's sometimes.

The only thing I'd change about the new uniforms is the design of the orange jersey.

Everything else is sharp, and I can't wait for the orange lone-pick helmet (twitter.com/coachnealyutep).

I can’t find a photo buy what about the Orange throwbacks UTEP BB wore in 2006? I think if I remember correctly they wore them when they went to Memphis and Tofi blew his knee out.

I like the black BB unis. There are tons of cool pics from when the miners played Kansas in the bahamas a few years back. If I recall we mostly lost in those unis so they were put away?

Partner with Under Armour and we'll see all sorts of variants. Northwestern uses Under Armour and they have a different uniform combination for basically every game. Some are cool, and some are hideous, such as the "graphite" gray uniforms. And of course, "graphite" gray is not one of Northwestern's colors, but that didn't stop them.

CwglPPmXgAAk65Z.jpg

They have all-white uniforms, black uniforms, purple uniforms, and combinations thereof, and black helmets, and purple helmets, and white helmets, etc. Then there's the "special" uniform that they call the "Gothic" uniform, that is inspired by the Gothic lettering of the various buildings around campus and features the iconic arch on the back of the helmet. The prominent colors are black and gold, which are not Northwestern's current colors, but were their original colors before they switched to purple. It's a throwback color scheme (WAY back) and the uniform is only broken out on special occasions. Most people love them, some hate them, and some people call them the Quidditch Uniforms. I love them.

nw11-620x853.jpg

635794968703161508-AP-Minnesota-Northwestern-Fo.jpg

Reactions: axingfools1
Partner with Under Armour and we'll see all sorts of variants. Northwestern uses Under Armour and they have a different uniform combination for basically every game. Some are cool, and some are hideous, such as the "graphite" gray uniforms. And of course, "graphite" gray is not one of Northwestern's colors, but that didn't stop them.

CwglPPmXgAAk65Z.jpg

They have all-white uniforms, black uniforms, purple uniforms, and combinations thereof, and black helmets, and purple helmets, and white helmets, etc. Then there's the "special" uniform that they call the "Gothic" uniform, that is inspired by the Gothic lettering of the various buildings around campus and features the iconic arch on the back of the helmet. The prominent colors are black and gold, which are not Northwestern's current colors, but were their original colors before they switched to purple. It's a throwback color scheme (WAY back) and the uniform is only broken out on special occasions. Most people love them, some hate them, and some people call them the Quidditch Uniforms. I love them.

nw11-620x853.jpg

635794968703161508-AP-Minnesota-Northwestern-Fo.jpg

I'd actually like the graphite with an orange helmet.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I can’t find a photo buy what about the Orange throwbacks UTEP BB wore in 2006? I think if I remember correctly they wore them when they went to Memphis and Tofi blew his knee out.

Yeah that's why I like that Floyd used that design with the UTEP name.

Those were actual throwbacks with the "Texas Western" on them. I wish they'd use those again sometimes too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT