ADVERTISEMENT

Who Does CUSA Add?

I am not suggesting those schools join. I think the question was IF CUSA looked west what programs would be available.
I know but why even entertain Fili? Moving west FCS schools to FBS is bad for UTEP/NMSU. I hope they work together to keep everyone west of them out of CUSA. Any western programs only add more competition for our entrance to the MW.

Who would you say are the leaders of the new CUSA??
Liberty by far! They have BYU money, they have had the most consistent football. Have good facilities and getting better and have been consistent in Basketball too. I'd put it in this area factoring in Football, Basketball, Facilities, Money and Potential.

Liberty
M. Tennessee
W. Kentucky
La Tech

Everyone else in whatever order you wanna put them!
UTEP spends the most probably on Basketball Recruiting, but hasn't showed much from it. Hopefully that changes with Holding. If Dimel keeps it going and Football facilities improve then we can crack the top 4. Then be more attractive to get out of CUSA.

I know but why even entertain Fili? Moving west FCS schools to FBS is bad for UTEP/NMSU. I hope they work together to keep everyone west of them out of CUSA. Any western programs only add more competition for our entrance to the MW.
What dont you get about , Mountain West doesn't want Utep?? CUSA wants UTEP so, Utep and NMSU need to take lead. Make a conference to challenge the Mountain West. C USA west coast needs to happen.

What dont you get about , Mountain West doesn't want Utep?? CUSA wants UTEP so, Utep and NMSU need to take lead. Make a conference to challenge the Mountain West. C USA west coast needs to happen.
You know Fili, you might be on to something.

However, UTEP and NMSU have to win something. NMSU winning the WAC is only a pair when you're trying to bluff for that big pot. MTSU and WKU and the rest are holding at least a three of kind when compared to UTEP and the gaggies.

Second, who out west can they leverage against? CUSA has to look at FCS at this time.

But in all honesty I get your point believe it or not.

Yes, I'm sober.

My guess is 3 teams to make 12. Would love Texas St. in San Marcos, but CUSA has no leverage, unless they throw a ton of money with teams exit fees, but that isn't smart so they won't come
SFA
E. Kentucky
E. Tennessee St.

Those are of course just guesses.

Give me the Dakota schools and Montana. Three possible future contenders for the Access Bowl.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
Give me the Dakota schools and Montana. Three possible future contenders for the Access Bowl.
But Montana could be a MWC candidate if boosted to fbs by CUSA. I do like the Dakota schools and Missouri St if any of them are interested.

My guess is 3 teams to make 12. Would love Texas St. in San Marcos, but CUSA has no leverage, unless they throw a ton of money with teams exit fees, but that isn't smart so they won't come
SFA
E. Kentucky
E. Tennessee St.

ETSU would be a nice. They got deep pocket boosters.

SFA
E. Kentucky
E. Tennessee St.

According to MattBrown, of the Athletic, CUSA is focused on EKU right now. Kind of looks like the conference may be going to 12 before long.

Reactions: nattybry
Unless it's someone too good to pass up, stay at 9. It's nice for football and basketball scheduling. Make the teams use the 2 "extra" OOC basketball games on likely high NET opponents. Larger slice of the distribution pie. Don't add for the sake of adding.

Last edited:
Unless it's someone too good to pass up, stay at 9. It's nice for football and scheduling. Make the teams use the 2 "extra" OOC basketball games on likely high NET opponents. Larger slice of the distribution pie. Don't add for the sake of adding.
Championship games between divisions are money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT