ADVERTISEMENT

Why was I supposed to be optimistic about Dimel?

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
When he was announced, my first instinct was to retch. I remember this board; the first instinct of many on this board was to retch, too.

And yet, over time, many of those posters seemed to warm up to him. Did I miss something? Was there some reason that my opinion was supposed to change?

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
When he was announced, my first instinct was to retch. I remember this board; the first instinct of many on this board was to retch, too.

And yet, over time, many of those posters seemed to warm up to him. Did I miss something? Was there some reason that my opinion was supposed to change?

It was hope. We all want to believe. I rearranged my office when Dimel was hired. My poor secretary didnt know why I was upset or what a UTEP was. That was December and after the brutal 2017 season I think everyone just wanted to believe. Basketball is in a one bid league with a meaningless regular season., it's really hard to get excited about that. So we filled signing day and then after spring practice we talked ourselves into believing. Hope springs eternal we all live and die with Miners. This was a head scratching hire from the start, but after we all expressed our anger we accepted it and supported it because there was nothing else to do. With a new president coming on board, if Dimel doesnt win a game this year, Senter is probably in trouble. When you make an out of left field hire in your highest profile sport you dont get a honeymoon or a mulligan. The only thing I can say on nights like this I'd that when we finally win this will make it all sweeter. As it is it will be a long flight home tommorow. However, by Thursday I'll be in game and excited to go to Vegas. I'm afraid it's going to be a long year, I just pray we get a win somewhere along the way. EPMAD but the person who makes the most difference is guy hiring the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT