ADVERTISEMENT

Will Showtime be the richest El Pasoan??

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
i think Dolphins or Jets give him top dollar.

who in El Paso makes more??

Khalid??

okay i just googled and Paul Foster comes up. But he is not from El Paso.

Technically Aaron Jones isn't "from" El Paso either. Military family born in Georgia. Khalid was also from a military family and didn't move to El Paso till his senior year of high school.

I guess it depends on what you consider "from" El Paso

Khalid??

I’m sure there are some very rich El Pasoans that aren’t super famous or who aren’t flaunting cash. There are too many people here to think that AJ or Khalid are the richest. Maybe some property developer or someone who owns some businesses.

Although Khalid, Jones and Foster were not born in El Paso, they consider themselves El Pasoans and that’s all that matters. They have strong roots in El Paso. All three of these men are great representatives of the Sun City.

Although Khalid, Jones and Foster were not born in El Paso, they consider themselves El Pasoans and that’s all that matters. They have strong roots in El Paso. All three of these men are great representatives of the Sun City.
Same with Foster, he is definitely an El Pasoan and by far the richest. AJ and Khalid may be the most popular, but not the richest by any means.

Last edited:
Congratulations, nice to hear they came to an agreement! Good money for a running back!

I’m sure there are some very rich El Pasoans that aren’t super famous or who aren’t flaunting cash. There are too many people here to think that AJ or Khalid are the richest. Maybe some property developer or someone who owns some businesses.

Does Gerald Rubin still live here? You all think Hunt Development is one of the big R.E. big boys here? River Oaks is as well. Rubins was CEO of Helen of Troy, too. (Remember the Sun Bowl was the Brut Sun Bowl).

Technically Aaron Jones isn't "from" El Paso either. Military family born in Georgia. Khalid was also from a military family and didn't move to El Paso till his senior year of high school.

It's a "matter of the heart" with siblings who move constantly. I'm a military kid who had an Army dad who stayed put in El Paso. You can't swing a dead cat in northeast El Paso with a similar byline. This story is going to grow as time passes.

You all can thank former Def. Sec. Donald Henry Rumsfeld for this explosion or expansion of the high school talent pool or whatever you want to call it? (He moved out the Air Defense and brought in an entire division and armed forces command which is the largest in the U.S. Army command). The coaching and development in El Paso has improved dramatically but Fort Bliss has pushed El Paso as important fertile recruiting territory for D1 schools. Still no where near DFW or Houston-Galveston, but it has been trending upward.

Reactions: FarWestTexas

you talking about Narcs?? They dont count.

Khalid and Jones are not flaunting they just famous and live in the spotlight.

They went to high school in El Paso and were kids in El Paso. Didnt Paul Foster move here as an adult?? I think you are from somewhere when you grow up there as a kid. Like i dont consider Aaron parents from El Paso because they grew up somewhere else. They moved to El Paso because of work.

you talking about Narcs?? They dont count.

Khalid and Jones are not flaunting they just famous and live in the spotlight.

I’m not counting drug dealers. I would think there are some businessmen in El Paso who have major cash, like a property developer, or maybe someone who owns a bunch businesses. Again, I have no insight at all. Just an assumption.

I’m not counting drug dealers. I would think there are some businessmen in El Paso who have major cash, like a property developer, or maybe someone who owns a bunch businesses. Again, I have no insight at all. Just an assumption.
There’s money in El Paso, just not the kind of city or society to shown it off.

Reactions: axingfools1
What about the Zaragoza family? Don't they have a street named after them in El Paso and Juarez?

Khalid??

Wow some of you have no clue what real money is and who in El Paso has it.
Jones will wind up with around $28 million after State and Federal taxes.
There are hundreds of people in El Paso who have a lot more than that.
Off the top of my head:
Foster
Hunt (who is not that far behind Foster)
Rubin
Cardwell
Francis
Rogers
Marcus
Schwartzes
Lowenfields
Dicks
Robison
Niesen
Poe
Many doctors in town.

All of whom have many multiples of $28 million

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRdKiller

Off the top of my head:
Foster
Rubin
Cardwell
Francis
Rogers
Marcus
Schwartzes
Lowenfields
Dicks
Robison
Niesen
Poe
Many doctors in town.

Many doctors have many multiples of $28 million? I seriously doubt that. I didn’t know El Paso is moonlighting as Beverly Hills.

Many doctors have many multiples of $28 million? I seriously doubt that. I didn’t know El Paso is moonlighting as Beverly Hills.

So by focusing on that line, you missed the point of my post?
Doctors have been making millions for many years before Jones makes his money and will continue to make millions for many years after Jones' 4 years are up.
A lot of surgeons are making big money owning their own Operating/ER centers on top of what they bill for their procedures.

I'm not sure how many El Paso doctors are making this kind of money. Even at that salary it would take a long time to reach 28 million and basically zero life expenses.

I'm not sure how many El Paso doctors are making this kind of money. Even at that salary it would take a long time to reach 28 million and basically zero life expenses.

You think they keep what they make in savings accounts making 0.1%? Just over the last 7 years from this bull market, they have probably more than doubled or tripled their wealth that they earned. Again, I'm not sure their is a clear understanding what real money is today.

So by focusing on that line, you missed the point of my post?
Doctors have been making millions for many years before Jones makes his money and will continue to make millions for many years after Jones' 4 years are up.
A lot of surgeons are making big money owning their own Operating/ER centers on top of what they bill for their procedures.

It’s very very unlikely a doctor is making $28 million rather quickly in El Paso. I really doubt most doctors are making $28 million in 4 years. That’s a large amount of money.

Please list 1 El Paso doctor that has a net worth of $28 million

It’s very very unlikely a doctor is making $28 million rather quickly in El Paso. I really doubt most doctors are making $28 million in 4 years. That’s a large amount of money.

Amigo, look at the big picture. The point is that there are many very wealthy people in EP. 28 mil really isn't all that much anymore. Granted that most of us don't have that much but the wealthy have lots more than that even in EP.

Reactions: 66CHamps

The question was: Will Showtime be the richest El Pasoan??

Not how quickly can you make $28 million. Clearly Jones wins that. He, however, has a very limited time to make his money (though he is set for life.)

There are quite a few orthopedics, heart surgeons, brain surgeons worth more than that. Most have done very well with their investments from their earnings.

The point of my post, however, is that there are 100s of people in El Paso "richer" than Aaron Jones. The past 10 years has been an amazing time to amass vast quantities of money.

Amigo, look at the big picture. The point is that there are many very wealthy people in EP. 28 mil really isn't all that much anymore. Granted that most of us don't have that much but the wealthy have lots more than that even in EP.

Go back and re-read his post. He listed all the elite of El Paso and then said “many doctors” and said “all had many multiples of 28m”. That’s what he said.

According to the link that Corona posted, the average Neurosurgeon is making $750,000. It would take them about 38 years to make $28 million and that’s assuming they’re making the average in El Paso.

I’m not questioning their wealth or that El Paso doesn’t have some multi-millionaires, but no El Paso doctor is making $28 million in their life time.

I find it interesting that so many doctors in EP worth more than 28 million and they don't crack this list.

Go back and re-read his post. He listed all the elite of El Paso and then said “many doctors” and said “all had many multiples of 28m”. That’s what he said.

According to the link that Corona posted, the average Neurosurgeon is making $750,000. It would take them about 38 years to make $28 million and that’s assuming they’re making the average in El Paso.

I’m not questioning their wealth or that El Paso doesn’t have some multi-millionaires, but no El Paso doctor is making $28 million in their life time.

...and no one other than you has implied their earnings from being a doctor are $28 million.

I know its very difficult for you to understand, but there is a difference between earnings and wealth. When you talk about "rich" (which we are) you are talking about wealth. Doctors make a lot of money in earnings and then turn around and compound that into even more wealth. If you had 10-12 million in wealth 10 years ago you could easily have much more than $28 million today even while you continue to "earn" a lot of money. These concepts can be difficult to fathom, but I assure you there are many doctors worth more than $28 million.

...and no one other than you has implied their earnings from being a doctor are $28 million.

I know its very difficult for you to understand, but there is a difference between earnings and wealth. When you talk about "rich" (which we are) you are talking about wealth. Doctors make a lot of money in earnings and then turn around and compound that into even more wealth. If you had 10-12 million in wealth 10 years ago you could easily have much more than $28 million today even while you continue to "earn" a lot of money. These concepts can be difficult to fathom, but I assure you there are many doctors worth more than $28 million.

I am very well versed in economics. You’re right though, all these Neurosurgeons in El Paso, have no student debt, live with their parents, drive a 99 Accord and all make 750k a year and are just investing (and hitting) like madmen in all their investments. So easy to make $28 million as an EP Neurosurgeon.

Off the top of my head:
Foster
Rubin
Cardwell
Francis
Rogers
Marcus
Schwartzes
Lowenfields
Dicks
Robison
Niesen
Poe
Many doctors in town.

Are these people from El Paso??

And I think the rich Doctors are in California or New York. I dont think there is millionaire Drs living in El Paso. Maybe there is $800k drs here. What about Beto ??? How much is he worth.

I would believe if some local politicians are millionaires before some Doctors.

Maybe the better question is Showtome the richest celebrity in El Paso??

I am very well versed in economics. You’re right though, all these Neurosurgeons in El Paso, have no student debt, live with their parents, drive a 99 Accord and all make 750k a year and are just investing (and hitting) like madmen in all their investments. So easy to make $28 million as an EP Neurosurgeon.
I find it hard to believe that some of the world's richest doctors have a NET worth of 10 million but a couple of unknown doctors from EP are worth triple that.

When your football and basketball teams are a complete joke, there isn't much to talk about. This site is always good for a few laughs and this thread doesn't disappoint. Are there any UTEP grads that make more than $20k?? I doubt it.

Reactions: Taco1977
I find it hard to believe that some of the world's richest doctors have a NET worth of 10 million but a couple of unknown doctors from EP are worth triple that.
I'm sure there are plenty of rich doctors in EP. Probably older surgeons that billed in the 80's and 90's and then did well on the market or with other investments.

Any doctors younger than mid 50s are not that rich relatively speaking. Certainly not millionaires from their medical salaries/billing.

I would say the younger ones that are wealthiest now are plastic surgeons and dermatologists because there is a lot of cash pay. $28 million is a whole lot though.

I'm sorry I listed the line about Doctors because it has detracted from the point of my post which is:

There are hundreds of people from El Paso richer than Aaron Jones.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
When your football and basketball teams are a complete joke, there isn't much to talk about. This site is always good for a few laughs and this thread doesn't disappoint. Are there any UTEP grads that make more than $20k?? I doubt it.
Yes our (your) team's suck right now. Let's see if UNT can make any noise in the Baylor bracket.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
I'm sure there are plenty of rich doctors in EP. Probably older surgeons that billed in the 80's and 90's and then did well on the market or with other investments.

Any doctors younger than mid 50s are not that rich relatively speaking. Certainly not millionaires from their medical salaries/billing.

I would say the younger ones that are wealthiest now are plastic surgeons and dermatologists because there is a lot of cash pay. $28 million is a whole lot though.
I was waiting for your input. I imagine you know a thing or two about medical salaries.

There was am annoying UTEP Grad on here that made 30k and lived a very comfortable life using coupons.

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT