ADVERTISEMENT

WKU @UTEP MBB TV information

Not looking too bad for a rag-tag team with no real big. If we can start to minimize the ridiculously sloppy turnovers, we just might hang in there. I’ll take the 2 point lead going into half.

Reactions: unihorn
Is Magee hurt? Seriously, WTF was Johnson doing at the end of this game? Gilyard turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions and then missed a free throw, yet the starter Magee just continued to sit on the bench and never returned to the game? Why bench Wade and Osborne as well? We ended the game with 3 of our 5 starters sitting on the bench....due solely to our coach! I am so tired of the non-sense.

Is Magee hurt? Seriously, WTF was Johnson doing at the end of this game? Gilyard turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions and then missed a free throw, yet the starter Magee just continued to sit on the bench and never returned to the game? Why bench Wade and Osborne as well? We ended the game with 3 of our 5 starters sitting on the bench....due solely to our coach! I am so tired of the non-sense.
There is absolutely nothing that Johnson ever does that I understand. His choice of who plays has been mind boggling all season. Flaggert and Touchet at crunch time, etc., etc., etc. These players show no indications that they have ever been coached basic basketball dos and don'ts.
The sooner this season ends the sooner I can stop with pain medication.

One of my connections is hearing that Dr Nat is trying to save money by not qualifying for the CUSA tournament. UTEP will be 1 and done anyway. Trying to save on air and hotel. Johnson is here to take orders.
We want the number one pick.........oh wait.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Can someone explain the lineup the last couple of minutes? Down only 6, and you have Wilms, Flaggert, Touchet, Gilyard, and Harris. Frazier, Wade, and Osbourne on the bench?
We needed intangible leadership qualities and good ball movement at that point in the game, so I'm good with the lineup Johnson put in there.

***NOT RIPPING ON PLAYERS, BUT RATHER ON COACH JOHNSON’S HEAD SCRATCHING DECISION MAKING PROCESS***

On the season, Touchet and Flaggert combine to average 3.3 points per game, 2.1 rebounds per game and 1.4 assists per game. Yet they combined to play for 36 minutes tonight. THIRTY SIX minutes! Who gets that kind of court time with that level of production? What is going on here?

***NOT RIPPING ON PLAYERS, BUT RATHER ON COACH JOHNSON’S HEAD SCRATCHING DECISION MAKING PROCESS***

On the season, Touchet and Flaggert combine to average 3.3 points per game, 2.1 rebounds per game and 1.4 assists per game. Yet they combined to play for 36 minutes tonight. THIRTY SIX minutes! Who gets that kind of court time with that level of production? What is going on here?
Sounds even worse when you put the numbers on paper.

UTEP played tough for 35 minutes but then fell apart....I guess just by coincidence.....around the same time that Johnson inserted his very odd closing line-up. A close game then quickly turned into a double digit home loss.

The good news is that MinerJo can’t wait to see what Johnson is going to do with this team next year!

Last edited:
Reactions: MineroFanatico

I stated this before and got badgered by people saying that Touchet and Flaggert are good players. :rolleyes:

UTEP played tough for 35 minutes but then fell apart....I guess just by coincidence.....around the same time that Johnson inserted his very odd closing line-up. A close game then quickly turned into a double digit home loss.

The good news is that MinerJo is “excited” and can’t wait to see what Johnson is going to do with this team next year!

Very odd closing line-up indeed. Like Twilight Zone weird. If I didn’t know any better I’d think CPJ was throwing games.o_O

I think I understands N strategy now of doing more with Less. We're going to lose anyway, so you put a good chunk of the athletic department money on the opposing team and throw the games. It's a win-win situation in her eyes

One of my connections is hearing that Dr Nat is trying to save money by not qualifying for the CUSA tournament. UTEP will be 1 and done anyway. Trying to save on air and hotel. Johnson is here to take orders.

The conference foots the bill to attend the tournament.

I hear Coach Johnson once got a speeding ticket and the officer was a UTSA grad who threatened to impound the vehicle unless Coach Johnson agreed to help UTSA qualify.

I also have a source claiming a dean has had our program under " double secret probation" pending the outcome of the next homecoming parade.

My last source tells me a lower case "m" looks a bit like lower case "r n" if you're just glancing at it.

I hear Coach Johnson once got a speeding ticket and the officer was a UTSA grad who threatened to impound the vehicle unless Coach Johnson agreed to help UTSA qualify.

I also have a source claiming a dean has had our program under " double secret probation" pending the outcome of the next homecoming parade.

My last source tells me a lower case "m" looks a bit like lower case "r n" if you're just glancing at it.

My source told me you steal t-shirts from the cheerleaders.

Your source was wrong because there wasn't a homecoming parade last year.

tenor.gif

Reactions: El Paso 777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT