ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, the CBI

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
It's the second year in a row that no "power" conferences will touch it. The following participants all have losing records:

Coastal Carolina, Hampton, UIC, Loyola (MD), and Utah Valley.

It used to be that there would be one or two teams with losing records, and they were the "power" conference teams. With this kind of field, I'm not sure a CBI championship means anything at all.

The CIT will probably survive, since it's tailored for mid-majors and they only take teams with winning records. I'm not sure how many more seasons the CBI will survive. Well, as long as there is an abundance of 15-17 teams willing to pay to play, I guess it will limp along, but who wants to watch that?

It's not much different than college football imo, in that cbb is too saturated with meaningless post season play. I hope it falls off, and soon.

I like a world in which not everybody gets a damn trophy. Where accolades and post season play are actually earned. That's just me, though.

The concept of the Vegas tourney is promising: all games on a neutral court, fee of ~$50k to play the whole tournament (rather than $60k/game to host), etc. Not even the NIT plays all rounds on a neutral court. The Vegas organizers said no tourney this year but have left the door open for the future. Maybe they're waiting for the CBI to die so that there aren't so many tourneys competing for teams. The Vegas tourney last season did have the highest average RPI of the third-tier tournaments. The Vegas tourney could potentially draw some of those power conference teams with the experience they offer.

The concept of the Vegas tourney is promising: all games on a neutral court, fee of ~$50k to play the whole tournament (rather than $60k/game to host), etc. Not even the NIT plays all rounds on a neutral court. The Vegas organizers said no tourney this year but have left the door open for the future. Maybe they're waiting for the CBI to die so that there aren't so many tourneys competing for teams. The Vegas tourney last season did have the highest average RPI of the third-tier tournaments. The Vegas tourney could potentially draw some of those power conference teams with the experience they offer.

How do the teams make money? There were only a few hundred people in the stands last year. What makes you think people in Vegas are going to watch team that aren't good enough for the Big Dance or the NIT?

A post season tourney with nothing but 'name' schools could work. It's what the bowl season has turned into.

It's the second year in a row that no "power" conferences will touch it. The following participants all have losing records:

Coastal Carolina, Hampton, UIC, Loyola (MD), and Utah Valley.

It used to be that there would be one or two teams with losing records, and they were the "power" conference teams. With this kind of field, I'm not sure a CBI championship means anything at all.

The CIT will probably survive, since it's tailored for mid-majors and they only take teams with winning records. I'm not sure how many more seasons the CBI will survive. Well, as long as there is an abundance of 15-17 teams willing to pay to play, I guess it will limp along, but who wants to watch that?
Who cares?

Your mother called ? No please tell her I don't need her services.
My mother, who passed away in 2009, was a teacher. I'm sure she would would have placed you in special ed though. But hey, if it's gratification you don't need, well of course, you've got Manuela we'll in hand. Not to mention your bromancer, sports fan. You kids enjoy!

My mother, who passed away in 2009, was a teacher. I'm sure she would would have placed you in special ed though. But hey, if it's gratification you don't need, well of course, you've got Manuela we'll in hand. Not to mention your bromancer, sports fan. You kids enjoy!

In fact you are quite write, I do prefer Manuela than Sandra, it is safer and it doesn't represent any risk. It's like mas vale pájaro en mano que siento volando.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
In fact you are quite write, I do prefer Manuela than Sandra, it is safer and it doesn't represent any risk. It's like mas vale pájaro en mano que siento volando.
Quite write? LMAO! Yep, special ed alright. Shut it down viejo, you don't stand a chance.

Quite write? LMAO! Yep, special ed alright. Shut it down viejo, you don't stand a chance.
And you change mom to Sandra? Lol, if you had any cojones, you would've left it alone. Too late to try to show class. Ya, viejo, leave it be.

And you change mom to Sandra? Lol, if you had any cojones, you would've left it alone. Too late to try to show class. Ya, viejo, leave it be.

Well I just tried to be a little bit sorry since you said Sandra had passed away which I really never asked. I don't stand a chance ? Oh I forgot how tough you are.

It's hilarious that Allminer responds to every single post I make. It's also hilarious he states the same thing every time. I lost count, but I've been accused of being all those user names, Rigo, somebody that goes to every single sporting event in El Paso. What's next? I'm Tim Floyd's evil step brother.

Reactions: alvinosports
Looser? This is just too funny. You and the mutt provide more material than trump does! By the way, get your facts straight, Rushing won 1 game, then another 122. While not enjoying the success coach Adams has provided, she did jump start the program by creating a booster club and helping spark the move of women's games from Memorial Gym to the Don. Sucks to be you.

Looser? This is just too funny. You and the mutt provide more material than trump does! By the way, get your facts straight, Rushing won 1 game, then another 122. While not enjoying the success coach Adams has provided, she did jump start the program by creating a booster club and helping spark the move of women's games from Memorial Gym to the Don. Sucks to be you.
I wonder if she was looser from toys or boys?

If I'm not mistaken I believe Sandra Rushing only won one game at UTEP. She was a lousy looser.

You are mistaken, Rushing did a great job at UTEP considering where the program was. The women's team used to play at Memorial Gym, she relentlessly promoted the program and had some very good attendance games. She didn't win a lot, maybe 100 games, but she established the women's program. She laid the foundation. She worked extremely hard to get a lot of things into place.

You are mistaken, Rushing did a great job at UTEP considering where the program was. The women's team used to play at Memorial Gym, she relentlessly promoted the program and had some very good attendance games. She didn't win a lot, maybe 100 games, but she established the women's program. She laid the foundation. She worked extremely hard to get a lot of things into place.

When I say she was a looser I am been sarcastic. I am just comparing her achievements vs those of Coach Adams and there is obviously no comparison. But I guess if "we" are used to be very happy with Floyd because he has "succeeded" tremendously at UTEP then I guess Sandra Rushing was a great success.

Last edited:
When I say she was a looser I am been sarcastic. I am just comparing her achievements vs those of Coach Adams and there is obviously no comparison. But I guess if "we" are used to be very happy with Floyd because he has "succeeded" tremendously at UTEP then I guess Sandra Rushing was a great success.
How many winning seasons did Nonminer mother rushing achieved at Utep ?

Last edited:

I do not think there is anything wrong with playing at Memorial Gym. The floor had not been replaced up to that point until last year. But it does not seem that Bob Stull want basketball played their anytime soon. The regulation size floor is setup for volleyball use only, the sidelines are for basketball intramurals. But what that place needs scoreboard/ videoboards like the Haskins Center, but smaller.
Ex.: http://www.daktronics.com/en-us/photos/details?pn=WP-18788&cid=155252

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT