ADVERTISEMENT

ACU

fwahbevo

Rookie
Oct 3, 2020
Anybody going? I know it's a long trip from EP, but any DFW or surrounding area peeps headed to the game?

Game is on at the same time as cowboys. Gonna stay in my warm living room and catch both games.

Reactions: fwahbevo
I'll drive down if the Great White Hype Baylor Hebb is playing and I'm assured he'll go 5for5 from 3 and 7for7 from the free throw line and Utep wins by double digits and all is saved in Miner Basketball land!

At worst, we get a guy who averages under 2.5 points a game over his career. At best, we get a guy who can hit the 3, lights it up, and since he is the only guy who can hit the ocean from the side of a ship, like Saterfield did, draws such tight coverage, is smothered and rendered absolutely useless.

Teicher was on SportsTalk today and said he doesn’t know what the ruling means for Baylor Hebb.

Then Teicher tells Steve, ‘your timing couldn’t have been any better. UTEP’s Director of compliance just walked in and is right here.’

But that’s where Teicher left it. Could have asked her, put her on the air, etc…. But it was so odd to say I don’t know, then that she walked in, and not address it at all.

My frustration is that it seems even smaller schools have shooters. So why has it been so hard for Golding to get some knockdown shooters in 3 years?
There's something Golding is doing in practice to make his guys worse shooters. His recruits shoot better from the line, for instance, at their previous destination. They come to utep and shoot worse.

There's something Golding is doing in practice to make his guys worse shooters. His recruits shoot better from the line, for instance, at their previous destination. They come to utep and shoot worse.
Very interesting 🤔 and Camper can't hit the broad side of a barn and he's supposed to be able to shoot. My only guess is shooting in practice isn't get the time it needs. Maybe it's all about defense and Holding tells his players to work on shooting on their own time and they're not doing that besides Hardy.

Probably Saderfield/Boum. But Golding sucked Saderfields shooting ability away like he wanted to be with the Monstars.
Defenses just started to key in on Saterfield. He was the only guy they'd guard on the perimeter. At that time, he didn't have anything more to his game. No drive to the hoop. No drive and dish. Nada. He went from hero to zero almost overnight.

I thought an underrated Terry guy was Daryl Edwards (2019). He shot 38% from 3, and was really solid defensively and experienced. That's the type of guy Golding needed to bring in this year. I like Camper as a prospect, but the transition from JC to D1 is tough. You aren't going to get the shots that were common in JUCO, and everyone is just better at this level. Golding also brought in Horton and Hebb to improve shooting, but they haven't contributed anything this season (for different reasons, of course).

Defenses just started to key in on Saterfield. He was the only guy they'd guard on the perimeter. At that time, he didn't have anything more to his game. No drive to the hoop. No drive and dish. Nada. He went from hero to zero almost overnight.
True but even he did get his open shots, he went cold for what seemed to be a month.

Well now the NCAA has countered stating that if the ruling is reversed anybody that plays during the 2 weeks will lose a year of eligibility.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Damn, what we would do to have 3 shooters (on the same squad) at 37% + from 3. Omega at 44%, Earvin Morris at 40% and Moore at just under 37%. We would be killers.
Just to put things into perspective. This is how bad it is right now. These are stats from ONLY those who average at least one 3 point attempt per game.

0.00% (yep, not a typo)
20%
24%
25.9%
30.8%
31%
38.5% (Jones, who gets shit minutes)
41.2%

Worth mentioning that there’s another shooting 0.00%, averaging 1/2 an attempt per game. It’s badddd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT