ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance and homecoming

A jumbo hot dog and chips isn't filling? I'm stuffed after eating that. You can't get that combo for $8 at a UTEP game.

Saying no to a kid is easy if your kids aren't spoiled. My parents said no to me a lot and I never cried, I was just happy when they said yes.

Maybe if you ever have the privilege of having kids, you'll understand more. It's not just that easy to say no. You are supposed to be out having fun. No one buys the kids everything on the menu at every stand, but I challenge anyone to find ANY kid at the Chihuahua games that didn't get at least something. Have the kids share? Are you nuts? I can hear it now...."hey johnny and jenny. Here's A hot dog. share and enjoy"
Are the prices high? You betcha! But the ticket prices are low.
My son IS spoiled, although I swore that would never happen. BUT....I tell him no all the time. Like normal kids, he "needs" everything at the store. He gets ONE thing.

Naturally, debate class is in full swing here at Minerdigs

Reactions: mextex915
My son IS spoiled, although I swore that would never happen.

Thanks for proving my point. Saying no starts early. If they become spoiled it is hard to reverse that. Like I stated, my parents said no early on. I remember crying one time in public because I didn't get my way and we left the second that happened. I never did that again because I learned my lesson.

No one buys the kids everything on the menu at every stand, but I challenge anyone to find ANY kid at the Chihuahua games that didn't get at least something. Have the kids share? Are you nuts? I can hear it now...."hey johnny and jenny. Here's A hot dog. share and enjoy"

I know a number of kids in my family that just go to the game and "that's it" and they are happy just to attend. I then see other ones where they cry when they don't get their way and then their parents give in (probably your kids). Also, I do see kids share a lot at the games because because the nachos are big and they can feed more than one person.

Thanks for proving my point. Saying no starts early. If they become spoiled it is hard to reverse that. Like I stated, my parents said no early on. I remember crying one time in public because I didn't get my way and we left the second that happened. I never did that again because I learned my lesson.

just because I have some free time this morning, I will engage in your debate class project. Lord knows you need extra credits...

You didn't get it. While I acknowledge my son is spoiled, he does get told no. No way you can tell kids no to everything at the game. Dude seriously, very very few kids anywhere in the world under 10 go to the games just to go to the game. My son is 3. He is all pumped up to go see his Miners during basketball season. He wears UTEP gear. Says picks up. Already talking UTEP basketball. You know what? We will get there and 5 minutes in, he will want his tablet. they.are.kids.

I really don't know about your hot dog package. I do know that a beer costs $8 or $9. Honestly not bad when you figure it's really 2 normal beers. But...I don't remember specifics, but I know when I was alone, I had a burger, nachos, some beers and I spent over $40. I had a great time, but multiply that by your family members, and hell yes it's expensive.

Try to keep kids under 10 occupied for 3 hours watching the slow paced game of baseball without feeding them and getting them multiple drinks. Ain't hapnin!

I really don't know about your hot dog package. I do know that a beer costs $8 or $9. Honestly not bad when you figure it's really 2 normal beers. But...I don't remember specifics, but I know when I was alone, I had a burger, nachos, some beers and I spent over $40. I had a great time, but multiply that by your family members, and hell yes it's expensive.

The average person will not consume that much at a game.

So your kid gets something every time you go to the store. You're right, they are spoiled. I knew kids like that. That is a recipe for disaster later on.

Go pay some lady so you can have a kid. You are clueless.

I was spoiled rotten. Got everything I ever asked for from a poor military dad. I seem to be ok....as are ALL of my spoiled friends. :D

You didn't get it. While I acknowledge my son is spoiled, he does get told no. No way you can tell kids no to everything at the game. You know what? We will get there and 5 minutes in, he will want his tablet. they.are.kids.

Nobody said you can tell your kids no all the time, but saying no more than yes will help them me a better person down the line and not be an entitled brat,

I see parents give those tablets to kids all the time. Terrible.

01ae9bab1a13231d7c6cb1b98b3b11885baf66dfc222fdb2a031125202ec0ba4.jpg

Maybe that's why he was poor.

LOL...I just had to respond....Do you have ANY clue what an NCO makes? How about how far does that go when he had 3 kids and a wife to feed? I got everything I wanted, but nothing was expensive. We lived in northeast. VERY humble....never went without. We weren't poor. We were smack dab in the middle of middle class. My son will be the same. I, as well as most parents I know, want to let kids enjoy life while learning boundries.
I guess dad was a bad parent too.....my bad...Maybe your awesome parents should have written a book.

Yeah, I was sort of enjoying your little game, but you reminded me you are not just an ass, but an idiot as well..

Seriously, criticizing anyone not knowing their situation is pathetic. Your opinion is not the only opinion that matters, nor is it the only one that is right. You like to challenge everyone with your "facts", but you don't have any here. Just being your normal self....

Game over....you win....I am out....
Mods, give me a call when he is gone.
Hasta la pasta.....

Seriously, criticizing anyone not knowing their situation is pathetic. Your opinion is not the only opinion that matters, nor is it the only one that is right. You like to challenge everyone with your "facts", but you don't have any here. Just being your normal self....

You are the person who said first you grew up poor and your child is spoiled. You stated your situation.

Nobody said my opinion is the only opinion that matters. There is no right and wrong. I think you're wrong and you think you're right. So be it.

Of course I don't have any facts in this case. Nobody is right or wrong.

"When I was your age I used to walk 10 miles uphill both ways in the snow to watch a Chihuahuas game. And we were happy just to just be there...blah blah blah."

Who is this Chihuahuas guy? Sounds like a know it all. He wouldn't last a second on the Sul Ross football field in Alpine. I wanted to see posts about home coming and I see a bunch a parenting advice. Ding dong

Reactions: mextex915
Who is this Chihuahuas guy? Sounds like a know it all. He wouldn't last a second on the Sul Ross football field in Alpine. I wanted to see posts about home coming and I see a bunch a parenting advice. Ding dong

Why would I want to go to Alpine?

I always laugh when people think somebody is a "know it all" who has no opinion of his her/own, but calls out other people's opinions.

just because I have some free time this morning, I will engage in your debate class project. Lord knows you need extra credits...

You didn't get it. While I acknowledge my son is spoiled, he does get told no. No way you can tell kids no to everything at the game. Dude seriously, very very few kids anywhere in the world under 10 go to the games just to go to the game. My son is 3. He is all pumped up to go see his Miners during basketball season. He wears UTEP gear. Says picks up. Already talking UTEP basketball. You know what? We will get there and 5 minutes in, he will want his tablet. they.are.kids.

Try to keep kids under 10 occupied for 3 hours watching the slow paced game of baseball without feeding them and getting them multiple drinks. Ain't hapnin!
Thank you!! Mr Chi does not believe I have spent $100 on myself and my kids at a baseball game! And thats not even a complain from me. That is what you spend anywhere you go with kids.

Reactions: TortugaEP
Yeah that happens...I tried starting a thread comparing UTEP VS UTSA forums. I stated that in our football forums El Pasoans dont talk smack about our opponents, they just trash talk about our teams and coaches. Sure enough I was right...some people posted their scorn towards Utep.

Thank you!! Mr Chi does not believe I have spent $100 on myself and my kids at a baseball game! And thats not even a complain from me. That is what you spend anywhere you go with kids.

I never said I don't believe you. All I'm saying is the average family does not spend $100 on concessions at a Chihuahuas game.

Last edited:

Things working against attendance
1. Brutal Schedule-getting blown out the first two games and then squeaking by 2 cupcake teams.
2. Parking/Tailgating changes made mostly during the Price years.
3. Lukewarm media attention for the game.

Our core of dieheard football fans is somewhere around 20k who pretty much show up more matter what. The difficulty is getting those other 30k interested, things I think could help.

1. Open up parking and relax the tailgating policies a bit, that seems to really drive away the casual fan.
2. PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS, like half off with price's milk jug or free caps or shirts.
3. Total social media overload, have everyone and their mom post on facebook, twitter, instagram, and snap chat about the game. USE the current players, past players (ESPECIALLY THE FAMOUS ONES), local celebrities and local media.
4. JUST WIN BABY!

http://elpasoheraldpost.com/tricias-take-why-wont-el-paso-turn-out-for-miner-games/

Tricia agrees with me!

Yes, they do. A family of five will easily spend that.

Not unless you splurge like another poster stated. I get full on a hot dog combo ($8) or a burrito and chips at Delicious ($6) and a drink ($4). Unless your kids are spoiled and they want multiples things, then no they will not easily spend that. I go to all the Chihuahuas games and go with others as well and I know for a fact most people don't spent $20 each on their kid.

Last edited:
Not unless you splurge like another poster stated. I get full on a hot dog combo ($8) or a burrito and chips at Delicious ($6) and a drink ($4). Unless your kids are spoiled and they want multiples things, then no they will not easily spend that. I go to all the Chihuahuas games and go with others as well and I know for a fact most people don't spent $20 each on their kid.

I am so happy to know that you know absolutely everything about everything. And I don't really care what you or the people you go with spend. To imply that spending $100.00 is lavish when out as a family is, well, pretty hilarious. But it's no use. You are the expert.

Reactions: allminer
I am so happy to know that you know absolutely everything about everything. And I don't really care what you or the people you go with spend. To imply that spending $100.00 is lavish when out as a family is, well, pretty hilarious. But it's no use. You are the expert.

I never said I know absolutely everything about everything. I am going by by own experiences and things I see. I have never seen anybody spend $20 each on food for each of their kids. Never.

I never said I am an expert. I have an opinion and you have an opinion. If you think spending $20 on each of your kids to eat at a ballgame is average, then good for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT