ADVERTISEMENT

Calling the upset!

Sad that beating UNT would be an upset. UNT had the momentum coming in and are hungry to get to a bowl game. I think they will win easily.

I hope the seniors leave with a win. But Kugler doesn't know how to go for the win. For example, when your team has that big interception, many coaches go for the jugular on big plays and send their receiver(s) streaking down the sideline for a major "chunk" play or possible TD; you try to take momentum away when possible. Not Kugler, he'll call his favorite

283523.image0.jpg

UTEP 17
UNT 35

I hope UTEP can win one for the seniors. They deserve that much. But with that being said:
UTEP 10
UNT 24

Hopefully Kugler gets the boot.

Last edited:
I honestly never get the "win the last game they play" mentality. After they leave, will they reflect back and say "We sucked the whole time I was there but we won my last game!"?

Reactions: UTEP05
I honestly never get the "win the last game they play" mentality. After they leave, will they reflect back and say "We sucked the whole time I was there but we won my last game!"?

I have some experience with this through my son. He just finished playing 4 years of soccer at Centenary College in Louisiana - a D3 school. They only won two games his first year, 4 in his sophomore and junior years (they play about 20 games per season). His senior season started off well and then went sideways, but they did manage to win their last game (on senior night) and I could tell it meant something to him to go out a winner. He was one of nine new freshmen when he started four years earlier and now there were only 3 of them left; they'd put up with some great moments, but also a lot of crap, including three different head coaches. It meant something to win his last game - he even set up the winning goal. When the game was over, he ran off the field and hugged his mother in front of all the fans.

And even though they had a losing season, they did win 7 games - second most in school history. He said he felt proud of that.

So that was his mentality. And I was happy he was happy. He'll graduate in April and move on to the next stage of his life. I think that last game will stay with him for a while.

lieb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT