ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

Shovel--- what part of busier than hell did you not understand out of that??? And plus coaches have been known to change styles to fit personnel --- and just because they (Fresno) averaged more points than utep really doesn't mean anything--- they could have played at the same pace and had much better shooters than ours for all you know--- or a lot of players that could get to the free throw line....

I thought you were "busier than hell."

Reactions: ShovelMan66
He's played against older players albeit in Canada. I didn't call him an All Conf player as a Freshman and not sure exactly how good he will be, just like all of us it's speculation. I responded to a post that said Hawk is the only Fr expected do anything. Everyone on here was excited to get this Kid Eze, now some of you wanna act like I'm the only one High on this Kid, lmao. Stick with it Miner Fans you're either excited about this Kid or you're not!? We don't know 100% what to expect from anyone, however I like this kids size and motor, so I expect an immediate impact Period!

All of us are high on Eze, it's just that not everyone expects him to be a hero this season. I've seen very few kids his size come right out and consistently produce at this level as a fr...

All of us are high on Eze, it's just that not everyone expects him to be a hero this season. I've seen very few kids his size come right out and consistently produce at this level as a fr...

Actually, now that I'm listening to Paul Thomas impressions on eze, it sounds like the kid is a freak athlete. Maybe he'll produce more than i thought...

Actually, now that I'm listening to Paul Thomas impressions on eze, it sounds like the kid is a freak athlete. Maybe he'll produce more than i thought...

You have to take those types of comments with a grain of salt. No way could someone say “Man, that kid sucks.” I have to see it with my own two eyes.

Reactions: El Paso 1
You have to take those types of comments with a grain of salt. No way could someone say “Man, that kid sucks.” I have to see it with my own two eyes.

It's like the parent who says their kids are amazing at everything. Of course Paul is going to say that because he's his teammate. Even if Paul thinks he sucks he isn't going to express those feelings.

I get the wait and see approach. I think most every other Miner bb fan does, as well. While PT wouldn’t ever say Eze sucks, nor would he describe just anybody as a freak either.

The athletic ability is very apparent, imo. UTEP has not had a big with natural athleticism like Eze’s since i Don’t even know when. Moultrie maybe. Antonio Davis maybe. Other than that...I can’t think of anyone else with that size and raw athleticism.

I get the wait and see approach. I think most every other Miner bb fan does, as well. While PT wouldn’t ever say Eze sucks, nor would he describe just anybody as a freak either.

The athletic ability is very apparent, imo. UTEP has not had a big with natural athleticism like Eze’s since i Don’t even know when. Moultrie maybe. Antonio Davis maybe. Other than that...I can’t think of anyone else with that size and raw athleticism.

I think Moultrie would be a great comparison. Moultrie averaged 8 points and 8 rebounds as a freshman so that is a great standard for he should aim to be.

I would not write off Efe Odigie this season either. You watch his highlights and you see a kid who plays with his back to the basket, posting up and banging down low with people his size and showing a nice mid range shot. He’s hitting post shots with his left and right hand. I think he can be that traditional post player who will park down low and throw his weight around. Now imagine in a year or two you have Efe bullying his way down low, then you have Eze on the court with his athleticism. There is a possibility that we could have the best front court in C-USA in a year or two.

Apparently not. Probably begging some guy on twitter to do it for him. Trying to trade a Dave Chapelle jock strap for my banning.
Have literally used Twitter 2 or 3 times in my life lmao it's actually comical that you are using the same material brotha. Never used Twitter as a platform literally Never, not a fan. Doesn't matter what u say or think I was a paid comedian for 7 years did the comic strip for 5 and opened for Katt and toured, but it doesn't even matter, cause I haven't done comedy for 2 years I live in Dallas now make more in a month than you probably make in a year, get hotter girls and have a better life than u can dream of having. Oh and you and Shovel Shit spew the same lame BS lmao. Predictions and prognostications are part of what fans and even media do. They're usually bias and not spot on. Over the last 13 years ask most on this board and my input on new coaches, recruits, inside info, etc.. is pretty good with the occasional miss. You two literally have literally never contributed anything to this board. You're two sad little individuals who just try to rile real Miner Fans up on this board and literally no one pays you any mind it's quite pathetic. I'm at a point where I just find u too humorous. Keep it sports related fellas at least have that decency lol Frkn Losers Seriously lmao

Have literally used Twitter 2 or 3 times in my life lmao it's actually comical that you are using the same material brotha. Never used Twitter as a platform literally Never, not a fan. Doesn't matter what u say or think I was a paid comedian for 7 years did the comic strip for 5 and opened for Katt and toured, but it doesn't even matter, cause I haven't done comedy for 2 years I live in Dallas now make more in a month than you probably make in a year, get hotter girls and have a better life than u can dream of having. Oh and you and Shovel Shit spew the same lame BS lmao. Predictions and prognostications are part of what fans and even media do. They're usually bias and not spot on. Over the last 13 years ask most on this board and my input on new coaches, recruits, inside info, etc.. is pretty good with the occasional miss. You two literally have literally never contributed anything to this board. You're two sad little individuals who just try to rile real Miner Fans up on this board and literally no one pays you any mind it's quite pathetic. I'm at a point where I just find u too humorous. Keep it sports related fellas at least have that decency lol Frkn Losers Seriously lmao

Yeah, you used Twitter only 2 or 3 times in your life. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/nbcomedy79?lang=en

590 times is close to 2 or 3 right?????
590 times STFU u got wrong profile Idiot lmao Never, I hate fkn Twitter don't even have it on my phone. Anyways you and your twin are meaningless I've been on this board for 13 years, u two are literally the only two to question me or that I've had had issues with, so obviously you're the problem. Shovel trust me the Moderator will be contacting you. You might not get banned, but you'll be contacted and warned. What is honestly so F'd up in your life and El Paso's 1s life that you have to get on the board and talk shit and instigate drama for no reason? Honestly just wondering? Are you obese and at home with nothing to do, cause u can't leave the house, did your wife leave you, because she couldn't stand the shitty human you were, do you have a disability from a road rage accident that you caused and are bitter at the world? Truly curious and I want to help, maybe get you in a support group for Underprivileged Douche Bags. We're all fans and in this together, I hope I can help both and God Bless with your crapoy lives and I hope your family will one day accept you again and allow you back into the Familia, but you gotta prove yourself first that you're not gonna be the Family A Hole who steals from his own Mother to buy drugs and lotto tickets and has to pay for sex, because no woman would ever truly F u for free. It's not your fault, it's society that has made you this way, so you have a right to blame the world for maing you the POS that you've become. I hope to see you overcome one day, but if you feel it's just too tough, then I encourage you to consider ending it and leaving this world on the bottom so at least those whomever came in contact with you, will feel better about life with both of you gone. Now back to Sports sorry Miner Fans

So yesterday I was going to be banned, but now I might not, but for sure contacted and warned? How does that happen? Who is the “moderator”?

Super spot on the other stuff though. I am obese and disabled. I collect disability and get the sucker tax payers to pay for my stuff. Though my wife never left me. My husband did. I am a homosexual, transgender man. I dream of your comedy at night.
Makes sense ok I said back to Sports and this post about recruits. I'll talk to you about that only from now on... What ya got?

Coach Terry is going to have his work cut out for him making sure that these players all return next year. It’s one thing to bring these kids in, but it’s another thing to keep them and reap the rewards of 3-4 years of development and growth.

Reactions: UTEPDefense

Katt williams is racist and gets beat up by little kids.

True, but he wasn't talking about the other recruits in that same way. Think he said that eze was maybe the most freak athlete he's ever played with. It wasn't any kind of "coach speak "

True, but he wasn't talking about the other recruits in that same way. Think he said that eze was maybe the most freak athlete he's ever played with. It wasn't any kind of "coach speak "

Yeah. I understand. But the bottom line is they can use any word they want to describe these kids on film, in the gym or in high school. That all means nothing if it doesn’t translate on the basketball court come the fall.

Coach Terry is going to have his work cut out for him making sure that these players all return next year. It’s one thing to bring these kids in, but it’s another thing to keep them and reap the rewards of 3-4 years of development and growth.
If his former recruits are willing to sit out a year and pass on premier PAC 12 programs I think we’ll be ok.

Reactions: axingfools1
I hope to see you overcome one day, but if you feel it's just too tough, then I encourage you to consider ending it and leaving this world on the bottom so at least those whomever came in contact with you, will feel better about life with both of you gone.

And now you're saying we should kill ourselves. That's low. I would never tell that to anybody, no matter how much I hate them. You're a sick person.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
The reason these guys don't get banned is because they create hits/traffic to the site by trolling. It took me years to learn not to get worked up by what people post. Arguing on a message boards is pointless.

How is disagreeing with somebody trolling?

The only person trolling here is Nattbry. You're standing up for somebody who says people should commit suicide.

If his former recruits are willing to sit out a year and pass on premier PAC 12 programs I think we’ll be ok.
I don’t think that we will have the mass defections a la Tim Floyd but you have to figure SOMEONE is going to have to leave. It is what it is. Does Deon Stroud make it as a Prop 48? Does someone not get the playing time that they feel they deserve? Does someone get homesick/disillusioned? Terry said in his first presser that you have to work in the offseason to keep the kids you have, so you are constantly recruiting not only the kids you want to bring in, but the kids you have. It sounds like a great mentality to have and maybe something that Floyd wasn’t accustomed to. But do you think that EVERYONE will stay around for next year?

Do you guys think we will run into the revolving transfer door with terry here?
There will be some, but hopefully it's due to a higher level of competition and wanting more playing time. Williams will slide right in to PT's spot with Verhoeven behind him, but Boum and Tarke will be battling for spots against Hawkins and Osborne. Practice this year will tell the players a lot. Stroud is a wildcard due to his status (an ace in the hole so to speak).

I don’t think that we will have the mass defections a la Tim Floyd but you have to figure SOMEONE is going to have to leave. It is what it is. Does Deon Stroud make it as a Prop 48? Does someone not get the playing time that they feel they deserve? Does someone get homesick/disillusioned? Terry said in his first presser that you have to work in the offseason to keep the kids you have, so you are constantly recruiting not only the kids you want to bring in, but the kids you have. It sounds like a great mentality to have and maybe something that Floyd wasn’t accustomed to. But do you think that EVERYONE will stay around for next year?
It’s going to be natural to lose a player or two to a transfer or something else. Going off this years recruiting class I’m going to say that yes every scholarship player that Terry recruited will be here next year.

The D1 transfers are locks in my opinion. I don’t see them sitting out a year only to leave. The three freshmen will get plenty of playing time. They’ve shown their loyalty to Terry by following him to UTEP from Fresno. Eze has really enjoyed the attention the fan base gave him. It will only grow as his game grows.

I do agree with @axingfools1 that Stroud will be the wildcard. I’m leaning towards him toughing it out this year and flourishing next year. Imo he will be loyal to Terry for believing in him and giving him an opportunity to play D1.

As for the walk ons and former Floyd recruits I’m not sure.

It’s going to be natural to lose a player or two to a transfer or something else. Going off this years recruiting class I’m going to say that yes every scholarship player that Terry recruited will be here next year.

The D1 transfers are locks in my opinion. I don’t see them sitting out a year only to leave. The three freshmen will get plenty of playing time. They’ve shown their loyalty to Terry by following him to UTEP from Fresno. Eze has really enjoyed the attention the fan base gave him. It will only grow as his game grows.

I do agree with @axingfools1 that Stroud will be the wildcard. I’m leaning towards him toughing it out this year and flourishing next year. Imo he will be loyal to Terry for believing in him and giving him an opportunity to play D1.

As for the walk ons and former Floyd recruits I’m not sure.
The D-1 transfers will be here if they intend to continue playing basketball. If they were to transfer out, they would lose yet another year of eligibility and have to sit out 2 years in a row.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I asked Deon Stroud if he was going to participate in the white/orange games and said not this year. Are prop 48 recruits not allowed to participate in those type of events either??

I asked Deon Stroud if he was going to participate in the white/orange games and said not this year. Are prop 48 recruits not allowed to participate in those type of events either??
Beginning August 1, 2016, NCAA Division I will require 10 core courses to be completed prior to the seventh semester (seven of the 10 must be a combination of English, math or natural or physical science that meet the distribution requirements).[4] These 10 courses become "locked in" at the start of the seventh semester and cannot be retaken for grade improvement.

Beginning August 1, 2016, it will be possible for a Division I college-bound student-athlete to still receive athletics aid and the ability to practice with the team if he or she fails to meet the 10 course requirement, but would not be able to compete.

Nope. Not allowed to play or practice. They can play pickup games.

Beginning August 1, 2016, NCAA Division I will require 10 core courses to be completed prior to the seventh semester (seven of the 10 must be a combination of English, math or natural or physical science that meet the distribution requirements).[4] These 10 courses become "locked in" at the start of the seventh semester and cannot be retaken for grade improvement.

Beginning August 1, 2016, it will be possible for a Division I college-bound student-athlete to still receive athletics aid and the ability to practice with the team if he or she fails to meet the 10 course requirement, but would not be able to compete.
Hmmmmm

So who do you see leaving?

That’s a good question. I think there is a chance Stroud doesn’t stay, just because he’s sitting out for the year. Obviously the transfers stay. Efe and Eze seem to major building blocks down low. So I am going to be going out on a limb here and say that Gillyard, Osbourne and Magee may playing for their lives. Terry brought in a lot of G/F type players so that creates a massive logjam come next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT