ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA BB Tournament: OPT and Games Thread

Well we are currently 100,000 to 1 to win the NCAA Tournament so if we can get by WKU then you never know...
so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance.jpg

Let's give these guys one more chance to show us that they can put back to back games together. I figured they would have better results vs WKU than MTU, but they did just the opposite. I'm truly bummed about the season, but there's still about a gram of hope left for some degree of success.

It's virtually impossible to beat a team 3 times in a year, so we're in good shape. Just have to figure out how to get past the MT-Charlotte winner.

Reactions: kickballpro
If this team could shoot then they would have a valid shot in the CUSA tourney. If they could on find the switch.

Reactions: MinerManiac
If this team could shoot then they would have a valid shot in the CUSA tourney. If they could on find the switch.
Yep. Along with limiting turnovers. Against WKU and MTSU they were a big problem again, and many were completely unforced. Not sure I see it happening at this point, but hope springs eternal.

Yep. Along with limiting turnovers. Against WKU and MTSU they were a big problem again, and many were completely unforced. Not sure I see it happening at this point, but hope springs eternal.
And rim defense too. Man we would be pretty solid

• Haha
Reactions: Lil_Train
One more game till this shit ends
WKU = Uber athletic but highly underachieving talent who play one-on-one basketball.

UTEP = Gritty, fist swinging but leaderless fighters prone to Barney Fife actions that lose games.

Should be interesting.

Let’s just hope something finally clicks and we surprise everyone. Are free throws have improved and 3 point shooting is hit or miss. Maybe we will get lucky.
WKU = Uber athletic but highly underachieving talent who play one-on-one basketball.

UTEP = Gritty, fist swinging but leaderless fighters prone to Barney Fife actions that lose games.

Should be interesting.

Anyone know what happened to WKU at North Texas this past weekend? They didn’t even score 40 points.

After WKU scored the first basket of the second half, North Texas (25-6, 16-4) scored 13 straight, extended its lead to 51-20 with 13:38 on the clock. The Hilltoppers were held to just 18 points in the first half and 15 in the second half.

Had surgery on Thursday, worst three days of my life. I doing good now and should be released tomorrow. Just depends on them getting my blood pressure and heart rate regulated.
Thanks for asking!!!!
Yep, I stayed in the hospital 12 days post-surgery, my blood pressure was too low. You'll be fine.

What we learned at the MT game is that the Miners have gone to a more responsibility based type of defense and less of the helping defense. It's the Haskins style of "Stay between your man and the basket". So the players don't have to work as hard and now have more endurance. Therefore shooting and free throw stats have improved.
I've said all through the season that the harder they work on defense the worse their offense is. Helping defense is a lot of work and requires concentration.
We know that their endurance is good so I expect a W against WKU.
I just hope they can get a grip on unforced turnovers before the FAU game.
Homer prediction=
WKU 67
UTEP 72

Have I been saying Givance name wrong all year? I feel like I have after hearing this announcer 😅

They need to come out strong in the second half like they did in the first. They CANNOT let wku make a run. We’ve all seen what happens in those situations. Let’s go miners!
Already gave them a run. Could have buried them going into half but didn't. We'll probably pay for that in the end.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
That's twice this half that a UTEP player just fumbled the ball out of bounds right in front of the basket (first time was Onyema). Same exact spot. Is it slippery? Do they need to wipe it down? The loss from Onyema was particularly strange-looking.

Reactions: develman
Aaaand Western Kentucky's on top. Can UTEP respond with another run? The game almost feels lost already.

Why does announcer keep calling Solomon Ekot? That is the 3rd time. Wrong team dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT