ADVERTISEMENT

December signing day thread

We know that about 4 of the UTEP recruits did sign LOIs but it's odd to go to the C-USA website and see every other schools list of signees and for UTEP you see the message, "Will not release signees until February". The only school to do that.

Reactions: picks up
Is it possible that Hankins or any of the recruits who haven't been announced to the class have signed early but just not announcing until February??

We know that about 4 of the UTEP recruits did sign LOIs but it's odd to go to the C-USA website and see every other schools list of signees and for UTEP you see the message, "Will not release signees until February". The only school to do that.
I wish I knew how to attach an image to a post. I would show the Dallas Morning News coverage of signing day. Every school in Texas plus regional schools are shown. Makes one think that UTEP doesn't even exist. High school kids over hear and people in general don't think we do. It's just mind boggling how we continue to be different than all the others; even with a complete new regime.
And....we get smacked by Norfolk! Wow!

Last edited:
For what its worth, UTEP now has 4 commitments that are more highly rated than any player from last years recruiting class (aside from Locksley).
Hankins (RB), Elmore (DE), Goodwin (QB) and Carter (WR). We also have our other top 2 recruits from 2018 Nwachukwu (WR) and Garrett (WR) coming off of redshirts.
So far this is UTEP's highest rated class since 2010 (when we signed 13 3-star players). May not be saying much, but its an improvement.

Reactions: minerfan_14
If the kids get signed, it’s a very good class IMO. Recruiting was horrid under Kugler, it set the program back years.

Kudos to Dimel if he gets them inked. As was posted, the Carter kid is getting offers left and right after the catch. Hope Dimel has him on speed dial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT