ADVERTISEMENT

Efe — best freshman since

So do you all think we will lose anyone? What has happened to the Lathon that went nuts against Marquette? He has been very timid lately.... I have been somewhat disappointed in Hawkins ability to shoot... hopefully all our players will step it up on that end

These kids are all still adjusting to the college game. Hopefully all three stay because this year is definitely a growing experience for them. As hard as it has been at times for them it will serve them well in the future.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
You both are correct, groundrounds and develman. TH only averaged about 15 minutes a game as a frosh. Probably 5 points a game. Definitely didn’t have the numbers or impact that the afore mentioned guys have had. Alright...I concede.

Reactions: develman
You both are correct, groundrounds and develman. TH only averaged about 15 minutes a game as a frosh. Probably 5 points a game. Definitely didn’t have the numbers or impact that the afore mentioned guys have had. Alright...I concede.
Hey, I think we can all agree that Hardaway was right up there with Tiny Achibald.
But as a freshman, we just didn't need him to contribute as much. Maybe he could have, we'll never know. Our current freshman are critical. We lose one and we might be screwed. It's a completely different environment.
But....next year. It'll be harder for the players to really shine because we'll be deeper at all levels.

Coach Haskins had that old school mentality where freshmen waited their turn and played sparingly if at all. David Van Dyke starting 13 games was a rare occurance. I remember when Ralph Davis got garbage time his first season.

I really think with tarke and boum we should redshirt Hawkins.... I think he could use an extra year to adjust to this level and get his shot back...

Reactions: MINER.JAY
I really think with tarke and boum we should redshirt Hawkins.... I think he could use an extra year to adjust to this level and get his shot back...
Does anyone know if NCAA basketball has a similar rule to football where freshman can play a certain number of games and still redshirt?

All three Lathon, Odige and Hawkins have impressed at one time or another. Odgie has been more consistant, but all three look to be keepers and I like their hustle and team play. Although Hunter gets a lot of mention here as a great talent, which he was, he was not the team player these three are. They play well together and if they grow this aspect in their games we may be in for special team in a year or two.

It's important to keep in mind that Odigie has the benefit of all the playing time in the world right now. There are no upper classmen in front of him to steal time unlike Antonio Davis, Smallwood, Tofi and others. Still, he's out performed guys like Derrick Caracter. That is pretty impressive because I thought Caracter was one of the best i've ever seen in a Miner uniform.

All three Lathon, Odige and Hawkins have impressed at one time or another. Odgie has been more consistant, but all three look to be keepers and I like their hustle and team play. Although Hunter gets a lot of mention here as a great talent, which he was, he was not the team player these three are. They play well together and if they grow this aspect in their games we may be in for special team in a year or two.

Totally agree on Hunter not being a team player. Can’t count how many times he raised his arms in frustration,especially with Hooper Vint. Damn good player but he was just about himself.

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT