ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Reactions: PickMyAxe915

If this is the type of money that major programs are working with we are all cooked. And it’s not just UTEP. I’m sure there are P5 schools that are in deep trouble. Given how the gap is widening in across all of college athletics it’s like El Paso, Locomotive trying to compete with Real Madrid.

If this is the type of money that major programs are working with we are all cooked. And it’s not just UTEP. I’m sure there are P5 schools that are in deep trouble. Given how the gap is widening in across all of college athletics it’s like El Paso, Locomotive trying to compete with Real Madrid.
Yeah I feel bad for these kids too (if they are actually spending this type of money to buy these cars). For most it will be all down hill.

Ok, but you’re high if you think UTEP was able to compete with UT, OU, UCLA, Kentucky, and others BEFORE NIL. UTEP has and always will be unable to compete with them.

UTEP can only compete with those schools in dreams and video games.

Ok, but you’re high if you think UTEP was able to compete with UT, OU, UCLA, Kentucky, and others BEFORE NIL. UTEP has and always will be unable to compete with them.

Or 1966

It’s not even about competing with those schools. What I’m saying is the gap is widening exponentially that this 100 million dollar bond to renovate the Sun Bowl doesn’t even keep the distance we had 5-10 years ago. The haves are running away at an unprecedented level. At what point do these schools break off and become essentially a pro league or do all the other schools (some P5 included) throw up their hands and say they can’t continue at this pace. Is this system sustainable?

It’s not even about competing with those schools. What I’m saying is the gap is widening exponentially that this 100 million dollar bond to renovate the Sun Bowl doesn’t even keep the distance we had 5-10 years ago. The haves are running away at an unprecedented level. At what point do these schools break off and become essentially a pro league or do all the other schools (some P5 included) throw up their hands and say they can’t continue at this pace. Is this system sustainable?
It's probably happening sooner rather than later.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
In two years college sports will be totally different. And not for the better. If your not a p5 school you have no chance of winning a major bowl or NCAA basketball ship. We will all be minor leagues and have minor league talent.
I think many people will lose interest in their local college sports.
Women will be effected by this the most as most colleges will start dropping sports. If colleges drop football they can get rid of many women's sports, and save tons of money.
It will be a sad day for sports fans.

In two years college sports will be totally different. And not for the better. If your not a p5 school you have no chance of winning a major bowl or NCAA basketball ship. We will all be minor leagues and have minor league talent.
I think many people will lose interest in their local college sports.
Women will be effected by this the most as most colleges will start dropping sports. If colleges drop football they can get rid of many women's sports, and save tons of money.
It will be a sad day for sports fans.
I think even some P5 schools will be left behind as well. Look at what happened to Oregon St and Washington St.

“ A native of London, Taylor-Barrocks caught the attention of college coaches via the NFL Academy, which is a developmental program designed to create exposure opportunities in football for European prep athletes. He participated in the 2023 Under Armour All-American Game, joining Finnish offensive lineman Olaus Alinen as the showcase's only international representatives.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT