ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

On signing day it was reported that Winston Dimel would visit UTEP on 2/16 which is today! Also reported that he would announce his decision by early March.

Does anyone know if we are in the mix for Rashad Still? It was reported he was transferring out of Minnesota, haven’t heard anything about where he has ended up.

Dimel said that some El Paso players were following the proper process and expressing interest to come back. It came across to me as being plural, meaning more than one guy. I believe the only D1 options are: Still, Cooper, Drennan, Hampton, and Montez. I think that could possibly also be the order of likelyness as well.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Dimel said that some El Paso players were following the proper process and expressing interest to come back. It came across to me as being plural, meaning more than one guy. I believe the only D1 options are: Still, Cooper, Drennan, Hampton, and Montez. I think that could possibly also be the order of likelyness as well.
Montez is a stud for Colorado and set CU records and plays Pro set. I doubt he is part of Dimel's conversation.

Draguicevich was announced as a signee, not just a commitment. Dimel spoke about him at both the luncheon and afterwards, which he wouldn’t have been allowed to do unless he had signed. I wonder if Dimel has let him out of his LOI and allowed him to switch?

The bigger issue is who will now be our punter? Are we going to ask the true Freshman Baechle to both punt and place kick? If this wasn’t known by our coaching staff, then it could cause a bit of a problem for us now that it is too late to find a replacement.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I remember seeing Filley take kicks Friday at The Sac. I wasn’t paying too much attention to the kickers but he made a few and I don’t remember seeing any misses. Someone was punting but I do not remember who it was. So I would assume they’re working people out.
Did anything come out of those open tryouts?

Get one of the ladies from the soccer team to try out to be our punter. Think of the media attention we could generate with a female punter for a D-1 program. We were 0-12, why not try something different?

Reactions: JCorona
Draguicevich was announced as a signee, not just a commitment. Dimel spoke about him at both the luncheon and afterwards, which he wouldn’t have been allowed to do unless he had signed. I wonder if Dimel has let him out of his LOI and allowed him to switch?

The bigger issue is who will now be our punter? Are we going to ask the true Freshman Baechle to both punt and place kick? If this wasn’t known by our coaching staff, then it could cause a bit of a problem for us now that it is too late to find a replacement.
Looks like LOI's are just about worthless anymore. Oh well, next man up. I hope.

Get one of the ladies from the soccer team to try out to be our punter. Think of the media attention we could generate with a female punter for a D-1 program. We were 0-12, why not try something different?
I'm fairly certain this post was made in jest, but in the event it wasn't.... I really fail to see the logic of this statement. Our punter was not the reason we were 0-12. He was actually one of the better punters in the conference. Our inept offense was the main culprit of our 0-12 record. So why would we bring in a soccer player (regardless of gender) who has never punted before and make them our punter merely for publicity?

semi_pro_bear.jpg
We have a football coach who is trying to win games and build a program. He’s not Jackie Moon. What’s next, bear wrestling at halftime?

Reactions: minerpride31
It’s good to see this staff is offering kids this early. I am excited to see what they can accomplish with a full seasons under their belts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT