ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Cali qb's are a sought after commodity like Texas ones but he is on the small side and he is listed as pro style which is useless in Dimels offense.

Cali qb's are a sought after commodity like Texas ones but he is on the small side and he is listed as pro style which is useless in Dimels offense.
He looks pretty athletic on his film, runs and passes well. Listed as dual threat qb on Rivals.

Just over 50% completion % and 33 td's to 9 int's for his 2 years of jc. Ran for 42 yds pg and 4.9 avg per run over 2 years.

UTEP was his only FBS offer though.

Last edited:
He looks pretty athletic on his film, runs and passes well. Listed as dual threat qb on Rivals.

Just over 50% completion % and 33 td's to 9 int's for his 2 years of jc. Ran for 42 yds pg and 4.9 avg per run over 2 years.

UTEP was his only FBS offer though.
Hope the kid does well. Sounds like Dimel may have struck out with the graduate transfer QBs that he mentioned he was going after. Going into the season with such inexperience at the most important position on the field is beyond belief. Crazy how both football and basketball are in the same boat right now, in that respect.

Going into the season with such inexperience at the most important position on the field is beyond belief.

Goodwin arm is coming along nicely. I am anticipating better throws and accuracy this season. Running the offense is a different story.

Tavorus jones (@Tavorus3) Tweeted:
I am blessed and very thankful to receive an offer to continue my academic and athletic career at The University of Alabama Roll Tide!⚪️@CoachJeffBanks @coachBBurns @epgridiron915 @Prep1USA @Burges_Mustangs @Fchavezeptimes #RollTide https://t.co/FDeTt1WcGP
I guess we are not getting this guy

I am blessed and very thankful to receive an offer to continue my academic and athletic career at The University of Alabama Roll Tide!⚪️@CoachJeffBanks @coachBBurns @epgridiron915 @Prep1USA @Burges_Mustangs @Fchavezeptimes #RollTide https://t.co/FDeTt1WcGP

Jeff Banks coached at UTEP, so that makes sense. Good luck to him!

If he got a scholarship offer from Bama, that’s great for him. I know people on this board are really high on some of these local kids and this just really goes to show that there is talent here.

He played baseball there, wasn’t even on the football roster. Can’t believe this heisman trophy candidate is on his way to play Dismel ball!

https://bgsufalcons.com/sports/baseball/roster/mike-malewitz/7945

The Bowling Green baseball program was discontinued on May 15 (it has since been reinstated).

He played in three high school football games: https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/mike-malewitz/zG9zN9V9EeS-8KA2nzwbTA/football/stats.htm

Many college baseball players don't get scholarships. I am going to guess that he wasn't given a football scholarship and is basically going to be given the chance to prove himself.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
The Bowling Green baseball program was discontinued on May 15 (it has since been reinstated).

He played in three high school football games: https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/mike-malewitz/zG9zN9V9EeS-8KA2nzwbTA/football/stats.htm

Many college baseball players don't get scholarships. I am going to guess that he wasn't given a football scholarship and is basically going to be given the chance to prove himself.

https://www.mlive.com/highschoolspo...eads-east-grand-rapids-to-no-2-state-ranking/

How did he lead his team to the number 2 spot in the state of Michigan div 3 and score in every game as senior starting qb if he only played in 3 games in hs?

"2019: Earned consistent playing time as a freshman ... appeared in 37 games, making 28 starts ... hit .233 ... posted 4 doubles, 14 runs, 11 RBI and 27 hits ... hit a walk-off single against Toledo to give the Falcons a sweep in the conference-opening series.

HIGH SCHOOL: A 2018 graduate of East Grand Rapids High School … earned 10 varsity letters between baseball, football and hockey, including four letters for baseball coach Chris Lamange … earned All-State recognition in all three sports … over his four years on the baseball team, led East Grand Rapids to one regional championship, one district championship and two conference titles … team captain of the baseball, football, and hockey teams … played summer ball for the Grand Rapids Diamonds."

Here is his high school HUDL:

He was a running/option QB, which is fine, although he appears to fit the same mold as Warfield and Baladacchino who we have already signed for that role.

He looks like a decent high school player, but definitely under sized and how much can translate to D1? The article below states that he will also be tried at slot WR as well.

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2020/6/9...z-transfers-to-utep-to-pursue-football-career

Here is his high school HUDL:

He was a running/option QB, which is fine, although he appears to fit the same mold as Warfield and Baladacchino who we have already signed for that role.

He looks like a decent high school player, but definitely under sized and how much can translate to D1? The article below states that he will also be tried at slot WR as well.

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2020/6/9...z-transfers-to-utep-to-pursue-football-career
Just saw the video. Kid is very athletic and tough, makes good open reads and you can literally see him survey the entire field which freezes linebackers.

Not so good, he does have an arm but floats it bit. While he appears to have moxy and toughness, this can be a bad thing as we experienced with Metz who would take on linebackers and he would be out weeks which cost the offense dearly. Smart qb's need to stand in the pocket but trying to bulldoze a FBS linebacker at this level should be avoided. He's is on the small'ish side. Once again UTEP went thru this with Mack Leftwich out of Pennsylvania. He made Mr. Football for the state but his time was cut short by playing against much bigger and faster players, playing with tall linemen (he literally could not see over them) and left the game due to too many concussions. Everyone loves a Doug Flutie but there is a reason FBS programs don't recruit them much, if at all.

Now, as a slot receiver, I'm salivating. As much as it pains me to say this but he has Cole Beasley shiftiness written all over him.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
This is our qb?

We’re in for a long year, hopefully it’s canceled before it starts.

Ok, something is up? This young man has a bazooka of an arm, very athletic and mobile. Why UTEP? Downside, needs to beef up a bit but that comes with time.

This kid has a ton of under throws.....shown as his highlights. His best feature is that he appears to be above average at throwing while moving and on the run.

We are really filling up our QB room over the next couple of years. It will be full, but can any of these guys(especially the 3 or 4 recent QB commits) actually produce?

Last edited:
Ok, something is up? This young man has a bazooka of an arm, very athletic and mobile. Why UTEP? Downside, needs to beef up a bit but that comes with time.

I have to agree with you 2step. This kid can make all the throws. Touch passes, deep balls, back shoulder in the corner of the EZ, throws the ball on a rope on the run, can throw against the grain, makes good reads, mobile as you said. Good question. Why UTEP?

I think we’ll be lucky to hang onto him until early signing, or even longer til early February.

Reactions: JCorona
This kid has a ton of under throws.....shown as his highlights. He is above average at throwing while moving and on the run.

We are really filling up our QB room over the next couple of years. It will be full, but can any of these guys(especially the 3 or 4 recent QB commits) actually produce?

I like this guy a whole lot more than any of our other QB recruits.

Of course it’s a highlight vid but he seems to have above average fb IQ, and the physical attributes to make him a good mid major quarterback.

Reactions: JCorona
I like this guy a whole lot more than any of our other QB recruits.

Of course it’s a highlight vid but he seems to have above average fb IQ, and the physical attributes to make him a good mid major quarterback.
Look at the nose of the ball when he throws. Yes, they are highlites but it's still mighty impressive. Great talent down in that suburb. Hope he stays committed. This a recruit UTEP fans should watch.

Look at the nose of the ball when he throws. Yes, they are highlites but it's still mighty impressive. Great talent down in that suburb. Hope he stays committed. This a recruit UTEP fans should watch.

Exactly. It’s one of the characteristics of throwing the ball on a rope. I gave him ample cred. Hope he stays too.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT