ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

I wish Marenco was a 2020 kid and we could sign him tomorrow. He really jumps out on film. Has some similarities to Will Williams, who signed with Baylor.

Signing day.

One signee who stands out is Zach Fryer from NMMI. Nasty blocks on the line that remind me of Big Will. The dude can move whatever is in front of him at the TE spot. 6'3" 240 lbs.

Reactions: kickballpro
18 guys signed so far. I'm assuming some are PWO. I know 2 are long snappers so they usually arent awarded a scholarship until they name a starter. Only 1 LS 1 P, and 1 K get a full ride.

giphy.gif

I'm not a big believer in recruiting rankings. Some of our best classes Nord's and Kugler's first one were ranked among the worst in the country but were great classes. However, this class looks like dog shit. When the composite rankings come out I wont be suprised if this class was ranked 170-180 behind 40 or 50 fcs schools. I'm trying to see light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately I'm not seeing it right now.

13 Juco's signed. I dont want to hear any five year plan bs come out of Dimel's mouth. JUCO's are for quick fixes. They better win next year. Dimel has no philosophy or strategy at this point hes just throwing everything at the wall hoping something will stick.

Dont see Gary Thread or Austin Yankowy.

Yankowy might be some type of PWO. He has a very underwhelming video and recruiting profile. I know we announced some other walk-on's, so I don't know why he was left off? Maybe because he is a JUCO PWO, instead of a high school PWO?

Theard might be an eligibility issue(like Elmore last year)? Theard seems to be very active with UTEP on his twitter, following players, listing UTEP in his profile, etc. and he doesn't have any other school interest listed. Possibly, we are waiting for him to become eligible before announcing him?

Reactions: Lil_Train
Yankowy might be some type of PWO. He has a very underwhelming video and recruiting profile. I know we announced some other walk-on's, so I don't know why he was left off? Maybe because he is a JUCO PWO, instead of a high school PWO?

Theard might be an eligibility issue(like Elmore last year)? Theard seems to be very active with UTEP on his twitter, following players, listing UTEP in his profile, etc. and he doesn't have any other school interest listed. Possibly, we are waiting for him to become eligible before announcing him?

Watching the Press Conference. He said Theard is on campus, enrolled and working out. He is a Navy Bounceback.

Dimel said they're very close on a grad transfer QB. Cant talk about him cause hes not here or signed.

So we are going to a 4-3 defense now. I know you gave harped on that Defense. What do you think?

Dimel told me tonight that they would have liked to have run more 4-3 this past season but simply did not have the personnel to do so. They’re currently evaluating some things but will be installing that system this season. He also likes running a nickel defense, especially when the opposing offense is up tempo (no huddle). Will likely see that in the season opener against Texas Tech.

Dimel's offense needs a legitimate FBS QB in the worst way. I still don't think there is one on the active roster. Alex Dalton's departure to TCU last year sealed our fate as a cellar dweller. I hope he can land one soon.

13 Juco's signed. I dont want to hear any five year plan bs come out of Dimel's mouth. JUCO's are for quick fixes. They better win next year. Dimel has no philosophy or strategy at this point hes just throwing everything at the wall hoping something will stick.
I sure hope signing all these JUCO's is a sign that Dimel's seat got really hot after this past season and he needs to show significant improvement next year or else he is gone.

If you combine the December and February classes, then we signed 30 kids this year.

Yet, out of 30 signee's, we only signed 2 high school offensive skill position players? That just seems off.
Yep it does seem off. But then again we have a HC who has won 10 games in his last 58 games as a HC. So I guess it seems pretty normal.o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT