ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Heavy on the juco's. Picking up key positions we lacked this year. If those recruits work out, we might actually have a better team next season.

Reactions: EMA884
Some of these guys put up mind-boggling numbers. We hit it big with a couple of guys this past year. Hopefully we can do the same next year.

Looks like 7 guys signed 6 on Defense. Pass catching TE for the offense. We know that Dimel redshirts high school kids and then usually plays them when their sophomores and/or Juniors. So we won't here from him for 3 years or so.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Cool. Everyone knows that a stout defense and running the ball 66% of the time does wonders for ticket sales.

Signed
AD who averages 17k a game with 7-5 team that had first winning season in 7 years.

Cool. Everyone knows that a stout defense and running the ball 66% of the time does wonders for ticket sales.

Signed
AD who averages 17k a game with 7-5 team that had first winning season in 7 years.
That's the new normal for a G5 program. Even the very successful ones with a double digit win column only managed a few thousand more.

Which schools are you specifically referring to?
Does it matter? I already know all your built in excuses for them. Team A plays in a big city, there's a lot of things to do. Oh team B plays in a small city, there's not enough people.

Your little dig at the attendance is laughable since you're part of the problem why it's "low" or imo, normal for the times.

Does it matter? I already know all your built in excuses for them. Team A plays in a big city, there's a lot of things to do. Oh team B plays in a small city, there's not enough people.

Your little dig at the attendance is laughable since you're part of the problem why it's "low" or imo, normal for the times.
Yes it does matter. I went to the Rice game this year. The problem is Senter, not the fans. Anyway, won’t get too off subject here.

Yes it does matter. I went to the Rice game this year. The problem is Senter, not the fans. Anyway, won’t get too off subject here.
The problems is the cheap ass fans who won't buy a $10-15 ticket. As I've shown other times it's in the low end of the price range in the country for FBS football.

Reactions: minerfan_14
The problems is the cheap ass fans who won't buy a $10-15 ticket. As I've shown other times it's in the low end of the price range in the country for FBS football.
Well UTEP just hired a new associate AD in charge of fan engagement and digital strategy from Lamar. Looks like a pretty big guy that could strong arm some fans into the Sun Bowl on Saturdays. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Agree with the need for a good QB. Although we have two good receivers, we need to add a good receiver to replace Garrrett.
That guy is already on the roster. Transfer portal WR from TCU-Penny Baker. Did not play this fall because of some transfer credit hours issues. If you look at some of the fall camp media reports Dimel was high on this guy in several interviews and ESPN 600 listed him as one of the feature players to watch out for. He’s really impressed the coaches and he’s a guy we should start hearing about this spring.

Last edited:
That guy is already on the roster. Transfer portal WR from TCU-Penny Baker. Did not play this fall because of some transfer credit hours issues. If you look at some of the fall camp media reports Dimel was high on this guy in several interviews and ESPN 600 listed him as one of the feature players to watch out for. He’s really impressed the coaches and he’s a guy we should start hearing about this spring.
He's quite a catch himself.
5ef2f13c7a437.image.jpg

Just saw that UTSA’s backup qb, Lowell Narcisse, entered the transfer portal. He was the starter his sophomore and beginning of his junior season before breaking his ankle. A dual threat qb that Dimel would love. A senior, so utep probably wouldn’t be interested but I definitely think he could give Hardison a run for his money for starter. Also, Sincere McCormick is declaring for the NFL draft, so UTSA is losing a big piece of their offense. The road is getting easier for UTEP next season…fingers crossed.

Just saw that UTSA’s backup qb, Lowell Narcisse, entered the transfer portal. He was the starter his sophomore and beginning of his junior season before breaking his ankle. A dual threat qb that Dimel would love. A senior, so utep probably wouldn’t be interested but I definitely think he could give Hardison a run for his money for starter. Also, Sincere McCormick is declaring for the NFL draft, so UTSA is losing a big piece of their offense. The road is getting easier for UTEP next season…fingers crossed.
a dual threat QB would do wonders for the offense, i doubt Dimel would pursue him though

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT