ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

Interesting to see McCormick is declaring for the nfl draft. No doubt he’s a great player and utsa wont be the same without him. It reminds me of when UTEP lost A Jones to the NFL.
Odds changed from -2.5 to -2 when he declared and now back up to -2.5

Interesting to see McCormick is declaring for the nfl draft. No doubt he’s a great player and utsa wont be the same without him. It reminds me of when UTEP lost A Jones to the NFL.
Well the QB class is weak this year. So now is a great opportunity for a small school QB to make a name for himself in the draft combine.

Psst...hey, Fili...he's the running back.
Oh well even a smarter move for a RB. RBs dont last long in the NFL. Imagine if Aaron would've came back?? What if he got hurt in his senior season?? Say goodbye to the big contract. It's a smart move for a RB to enter the draft at top of his game.

Cowing leaving where does UTEP go from here?
Next man up. UTEP will just extend Dimel into oblivion since he is apparently the best we can do. UTEP will always have a hard time building on itself now. Like mentioned before, our window was missed.

I totally expected this. It's the new reality in College athletics. just like the real world. The Rich get Richer and the poor get babies. He who has the gold makes the rules. Sad but true.
Might be going to Texas.

Because we’ve had so many Cowing level players at utep in the last decade.🙄

Utep always had good WRS i thought you followed Utep?? .Cowing is great but in todays game with the spread offense, i know Dimel doesnt run it but there is a lot of good WRs out there. Programs need to have multiple good WRS and im sure one could step up. Cowing himself was just 2 star recruit. Now Hardison is the one UTep doesnt want to lose. I know you guys hate him but he is a keeper and i hope he doesnt enter the transfer portal. In my opinion QBs are harder to replace.

Utep always had good WRS i thought you followed Utep?? .Cowing is great but in todays game with the spread offense, i know Dimel doesnt run it but there is a lot of good WRs out there. Programs need to have multiple good WRS and im sure one could step up. Cowing himself was just 2 star recruit. Now Hardison is the one UTep doesnt want to lose. I know you guys hate him but he is a keeper and i hope he doesnt enter the transfer portal. In my opinion QBs are harder to replace.
Name any receiver as good as Cowing the last 8-10 years.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Best big WR I ever saw in a UTEP uniform was Reggie Barrett. Man amongst boys. Tony Harper type build with soft hands.

Reactions: LTMiner61
Going forward, we need to limit our recruiting to JuCo players and incoming transfers. When the JuCo players come in have them redshirt to get acclimated for a year and play for 2-3. There is no sense in developing freshmen at out level anymore. Cartel schools are going to poach every chance they get. I would bet that there were Cartel school coaches in Cowing's ear or at least his family's ears. Praise said he is staying and I will believe him until something changes. Let's assume Praise keeps his word, he would be an outlier because that's not common these days with the way the culture of the student athlete has gone. I know I sound old here and I'm sorry, I'm just upset about losing Cowing. With that said, I don't blame Cowing for this at all. I put 100% of the blame on the Cartel schools because I truly hate everyone of them. Maybe, just maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed, Dimel finds a way to get him to come back but I doubt it.

I like how you shorten it 8-10 years. But Jordan Leslie,Kris Adam's, and Jeff Moturi were all good WRs. There was a little dry spell during Kugler time .
What do you mean “shorten it”? My first mention was “in the last decade”. You know that means in the last 10 years right? 8 years falls within that 10 years. Not sure why I’m explaining that to you , but your answers to my question proves my point. It isn’t easy to “just get another wr” of Cowing’s caliber. It’s not like we can just go out an order one. Anyway…

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Name any receiver as good as Cowing the last 8-10 years.

What do you mean “shorten it”? My first mention was “in the last decade”. You know that means in the last 10 years right? 8 years falls within that 10 years. Not sure why I’m explaining that to you , but your answers to my question proves my point. It isn’t easy to “just get another wr” of Cowing’s caliber. It’s not like we can just go out an order one. Anyway…

The WRs I named you dont think they were good??? Mike Price had good WRs. Kugler never did he didnt do a good job in recruiting or developing WRs. But also during Kugler era UTEP didn't have a good QB. He was more about the running game.

The WRs I named you dont think they were good??? Mike Price had good WRs. Kugler never did he didnt do a good job in recruiting or developing WRs. But also during Kugler era UTEP didn't have a good QB. He was more about the running game.
Of course I think they were good. All of them. But they all played 9 to 12 years ago.

Give all the reasons you want, but the fact remains, we have had zero really good receivers between Leslie and Cowing.

Of course I think they were good. All of them. But they all played 9 to 12 years ago.

Give all the reasons you want, but the fact remains, we have had zero really good receivers between Leslie and Cowing.
And Leslie also flew the coup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT