ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

NMSU is really starting to show signs of passing UTEP by in FB... Their recruiting class is not bad at all. Not to mention a former 4 star QB. I really hope Dimel get's it done this year, if not, I hope UTEP moves on and finds someone exciting, Kill quickly brought excitement to NMSU. Watch them succeed in CUSA lol
That former 4 star QB cannot throw the ball after a shoulder injury in high school. That’s why he was a tight end in 2021 at a&m. Feel bad for him, he has had bad luck. However, I agree that NMSU seems to have passed Utep quickly.

Reactions: shyminer81
That former 4 star QB cannot throw the ball after a shoulder injury in high school. That’s why he was a tight end in 2021 at a&m. Feel bad for him, he has had bad luck. However, I agree that NMSU seems to have passed Utep quickly.
✍🏻

UTEP again has a chance to create fake hype and some excitement but hasn’t tweeted out shit today, while NMSU has already tweeted most of their recruits and a surprise QB.

NMSU has more 2023 recruits signed than Dana Dimel has wins in five seasons, what a joke of a hire this continues to be. Get used to me being negative about Dimel until his sorry ass his gone. Tired of this same ole shit BS while other schools continue to pass UTEP. UTEP’s best recruit is a 6’4 kid from Parkland who pushed around 5’9 rush ends from Ysleta and Horizon the past four season. Meh.
Ouch🫡

NMSU is really starting to show signs of passing UTEP by in FB... Their recruiting class is not bad at all. Not to mention a former 4 star QB. I really hope Dimel get's it done this year, if not, I hope UTEP moves on and finds someone exciting, Kill quickly brought excitement to NMSU. Watch them succeed in CUSA lol
Just be patient. We are on track and showing progress in Dimel’s 15 year rebuild plan. It’s only year 5 and we are almost meeting the expectations of having a 50/50 chance of winning. Just be ready to buckle your seatbelt because it’s going to be a hell of a ride when we go 7-5 in 10 more years and beat Northwestern Alaska in the CUSA Championship game.

pinkys up tyron woodley GIF by UFC

He would play slot receiver for us. He was that wing at Navy, catching pitches and Navy would hardly pass. He’s a little tough guy with great speed

Reminds me of Walter Dawn Jr when he arrived in 96
"Do you remember when Walter Dawn scored a touchdown against Oklahoma?" "Just barely."

Reactions: kickballpro
5th now on ON3, 11th on 247.

UTSA signed one 4 star and seventeen 3 stars. UTEP signed three 3 star.

We only got McDuffie because Colorado let him go
It’s clear to see the direction each program is heading to. Utsa also signed many HS players, which is what you want to do for long term success.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
5th now on ON3, 11th on 247.

UTSA signed one 4 star and seventeen 3 stars. UTEP signed three 3 star.

We only got McDuffie because Colorado let him go
I’m a Kugler believer when it comes to recruiting and the “stars” next to their name,; it’s has no significant weight to their collegiate career. His example was the recruiting of NorCal players to Boise who were on no one’s radar.

I’m a Kugler believer when it comes to recruiting and the “stars” next to their name,; it’s has no significant weight to their collegiate career. His example was the recruiting of NorCal players to Boise who were on no one’s radar.

Mike Price’s best classes were the 2-3 years before Kugler. Then Kugler came in with his ‘stars don’t matter’ philosophy and 5 years later when his classes were mature, we lost every game, couldn’t score, and damaged for years.

When you can’t recruit ‘stars don’t matter’ is the line. Dimel said the same thing except when he gets a guy with 3 stars, he mentions it.

There are tons of examples of no stars and 2 star guys who become superstars. There are tons of examples of 4 and 5 stars who fail. But the evidence is overwhelmingly, if you can land guys with stars consistently, you win.

Dimels strength is definitely recruiting. I like his philosophy of going heavy on JUCOs, because the competition for those guys isn't as strong as it used to be (thanks to the portal). Trickle down effect. And Dimel has obviously increased the talent level.

I don't think star ratings matter, unless your school is P5.

If we are stealing one of their better players, I won't complain. But if we aren't, then what's the point of recruiting him at all. We need warm bodies in the coach's office rather than on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT