Oklahoma St. 37, Texas 25 (halftime)

Last edited:
Arkansas 21, La Tech 20
South Carolina State (!) 24, La Tech 53
Texas Tech 59, La Tech 45
Middle Tennessee 38, La Tech 34
UTEP 7, La Tech 28

Reactions: miner661
From my arm chair seat, that's a different team when Metz plays. His poise is better as compared to Greenlee

DB's played much, much better. LT slot receiver plays at another level. He will be playing on Sundays. I thought Juniel would be that type of player. Needham played a good game.

No sacks but DE's interfered with passing game and messed up LT timing sometimes. Usher had a solid game.

Someone tell White that the 25 is better than the 15 to start!

Kugler better not start the Monday presser with "we played much better". You went into the half with zero and didn't score until the 4th. You had great field position a few times and came away with nothing. LT defense was huffing and puffing holding their hips towards the end of the third quarter; they bent, but didn't break. However, UTEP did break again for the 4th straight week with drive killing mistakes.

BTW, 23 years ago this month David Lee stepped down.

Last edited:
We have scored a total of 35 points in 4 games, and 14 of those 35 were late 4th quarter garbage time TD's. So we are averaging about 9 points a game the past 4 games. Kugler needs to go hire Bill Belichick as our defensive coordinator if he expects to win games by scoring 9 points a game. Kugler's style offense is ineffective in college football. I though we would see a huge improvement this year but instead we have seen a huge regression. We are heading towards David Lee, Charlie Bailey caliber UTEP football real fast.

Reactions: UTEP05
We have scored a total of 35 points in 4 games, and 14 of those 35 were late 4th quarter garbage time TD's. So we are averaging about 9 points a game the past 4 games. Kugler needs to go hire Bill Belichick as our defensive coordinator if he expects to win games by scoring 9 points a game. Kugler's style offense is ineffective in college football. I though we would see a huge improvement this year but instead we have seen a huge regression. We are heading towards David Lee, Charlie Bailey caliber UTEP football real fast.
nope.gif

Enough said. Jeezuz Kryst! That is friggin pitiful.

I've never called for his head but he set himself up when he said he'd turn things around in 3 years or he'd run himself out of town.

Is Kugs going to be held accountable?

I'll bleed orange til the day I die but I thank god I am fortunate enough to have a kid who is playing college fb at a school on a meteoric rise so I at least have a buffer to curb the agony. Otherwise I'd be a miserable fuk year round, with the way bb has panned out over the last 6 years.

An AD who is committed to winning and improving would hold Kugler accountable. Changes have to to be made when a team is on a 4 game losing streak averaging less than 9 points a game. A good AD will tell Kugler to make changes because if you tin the same type of offense next game your fired.
Our sorry excuse for an AD will probably call Kugler into his office on Monday and give him a contract extension and say things could be worse.

Changes have to to be made when a team is on a 4 game losing streak averaging less than 9 points a game. A good AD will tell Kugler to make changes because if you tin the same type of offense next game your fired.

The results are not good enough right now, but some significant changes have been made. Kugler changed his Starting QB, which is about as big of a change that you can make to an offense.

UTEP also had 415 yards of offense, which is not bad. Additionally, UTEP had 2 1/2 times MORE Passing Yards than Rushing Yards last night. That is another major change compared to what we have been doing.

Yes, the end results are not good enough, we all agree, but some changes for the better have been made. These recent changes just need to continue growing.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Or we could file this under, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

I will admit I was surprised to see Metz as the starter, but in typical UTEP fashion, he gets knocked out (sort of literally).

I realize this may be heresy, but the only thing saving my sanity is knowing my other team - SHSU is ranked #2 in the FCS.

lieb

Reactions: develman
Or we could file this under, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

I will admit I was surprised to see Metz as the starter, but in typical UTEP fashion, he gets knocked out (sort of literally).

I realize this may be heresy, but the only thing saving my sanity is knowing my other team - SHSU is ranked #2 in the FCS.

lieb

First off, congrats on SHSU. Cool beans! Second, I miss your posts on hear. Don't be a stranger. I realize the benefits and drawbacks of corporate operated vs. privately operated fan sites can be frustrating, I for one enjoy your comments and clarity. I wish you blessings and good health. Finally, as I posted earlier, I really believe UTEP and the Vols are the FBS extremes on the karma meter. Sadly, as the Metz cold stone K.O. on Saturday showed, UTEP is on the wrong side and the Vols avoided one embarrassing loss and the Hail Mary (pass) shined on them again on Saturday....dammit!

UTEP had 400 yards of offense, yet 7 points.
Changing the QB was a good move. Changing the gameplan would be a better one. Changing the head coach would be the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT