ADVERTISEMENT

I pray to God no one on this board are the ESPN 600 callers right now:

I remember the late "Dave from the Lower Valley" suggesting Tom Work take over after Gary Nord was fired. It was a stupid idea then and hiring a local high school coach is a stupid idea now.

Ha ha. We’re up to three callers defending this point of view. This has to be a joke.

Has anyone mentioned Julio Lopez? He has all the qualifications they seem to be looking for.

Has anyone mentioned Julio Lopez? He has all the qualifications they seem to be looking for.

Good guy. Met him when he was a kid and I was coaching his little girlfriend (now his wife). He's also about 26 years old. Not sure if UTEP is ready to hand the program to who would be the youngest head coach in college football history.

Julio Lopez is young and runs the spread. He could certainly move up sometime in the future and be a college receivers coach. Head coach? Not right now. Maybe Julio can hire Chuck Veliz....

I'm always shocked by the callers. I think if it was up to them, One of Haskins's sons would be coaching the basketball team. And actually, Kugler is exactly what they wanted in a Football Coach. Run Oriented Football like how they used to play, local kids galore, cheap, "understands the city".

Reactions: develman
Kappy’s program was terrible to listen to today, in the middle of talking about the interim coach, one guy randomly said “that Kugler is a big guy and he wouldn’t want to have a fight with Kugler?” Another guy said we should circle a 200 mile radius around El Paso and try to find the next Don Haskins, meaning a small town high school Coach. I guess he some how he thinks we can do this before we play WKU in 5 days. Another guy wanted us to hire Bernie Olivas from the Sun Bowl association as our Head Football Coach. I turned it off after that.

The last time I called Kappy’s Show was the summer before Price’s final season. I think I will keep it that way.

At the time it paid better to be a high school basketball coach rather than coaching at a non-big name college. Honestly Coach Haskins took a pay cut to coach at Texas Western. Of course this was almost 60 years ago. These callers watch too many movies

Kappy is just as bad" he claims to be surprised at CSK resigning".I guess he Stull and Tiesh had blinders on.

1) Price is going to be the interim coach.

2) Stull intentionally keeps Kap out of the loop on DHC bathroom repairs. There is no love loss between those two.

When you have a bond election issue coming up you explain to your constituency why they should vote "YES".

UTEP fails to explain why having a FBS program is beneficial to the college and community.

Or you can be like NMSU and just cut women sports programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT