ADVERTISEMENT

If UTEP wants to replace the 3 cancelled games....

Florida State now needs an opponent for 9/19 after Samford canceled. We don’t have a game scheduled for that date. Make it work Senter. Much better option than playing at ULM.
Just for shits and giggles, can you imagine if Kugler was still coach during this time?

He'd have us playing Rice twice this year.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Florida State now needs an opponent for 9/19 after Samford canceled. We don’t have a game scheduled for that date. Make it work Senter. Much better option than playing at ULM.

But the ULM game is rumored for 9/26. No impact to a possible FSU game on 9/19

Reactions: JCorona
BYU at home would be a nice way to offset TT.

BYU would be an upgrade to Tech. Even in normal times they would be a better draw than Tech. That would be the best case scenario we could hope for. Fill out a 12 game schedule keep the longhorn game upgrade the opponent for the lost Tech game. Plus BYU fans travel much better than Tech fans. With reduced capacity we would have no problem selling whatever the remaining available premium seats there are to The Mormons. That would be hitting the lottery in 2020.

Reactions: JCorona
BYU would be an upgrade to Tech. Even in normal times they would be a better draw than Tech. That would be the best case scenario we could hope for. Fill out a 12 game schedule keep the longhorn game upgrade the opponent for the lost Tech game. Plus BYU fans travel much better than Tech fans. With reduced capacity we would have no problem selling whatever the remaining available premium seats there are to The Mormons. That would be hitting the lottery in 2020.

The premium seats are only sold by the season.

Those are revenue generating seats. If some are available (which may not be because of social distancing) they'll make some available to the other school. This is a common practice.
So is swingin'. Will it be in swingin' in a Florida trailer park or Soho lofts?

Those are revenue generating seats. If some are available (which may not be because of social distancing) they'll make some available to the other school. This is a common practice.

Remember, this is UTEP we're talking about.

I asked them the exact same thing and said if I can buy an individual seat if the seats aren't sold out. They told me that no individual seats will be sold.

BYU an upgrade to Tech ?? LMAO! Yeah a bunch of people in Utah would be more inclined to visit El Paso for a UTEP game, than people in Lubbock. LMAO!

An Independent who plays in random ESPN bowls, going 7-5 every year is not an upgrade over Tech!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
This is still a ****in pandemic. Very few people are going to be traveling around the country to watch football games. Lunacy!
Half the country still thinks this is a fake virus that can be cured with a cup of bleach. People are itching to travel and get out of lockdown.

Half the country still thinks this is a fake virus that can be cured with a cup of bleach. People are itching to travel and get out of lockdown.

Nothing is stopping them now. Mormons can travel to El Paso anytime.

Why would someone make travel plans 4 weeks from now based on a football game that probably won’t happen?

BYU an upgrade to Tech ?? LMAO! Yeah a bunch of people in Utah would be more inclined to visit El Paso for a UTEP game, than people in Lubbock. LMAO!

An Independent who plays in random ESPN bowls, going 7-5 every year is not an upgrade over Tech!

There are Mormons all over the country. They come out in droves wherever they play. They have a national following.

Its absurd to compare Tech football to BYU. BYU has much bigger profile. They have much more more tradition and history. It's not close.

There are Mormons all over the country. They come out in droves wherever they play. They have a national following.

Its absurd to compare Tech football to BYU. BYU has much bigger profile. They have much more more tradition and history. It's not close.

Why wasn't the New Mexico sold out in 2010? Albuquerque is closer to Provo.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

If you’re a Mormon, are you required to like BYU football? How come none of the previous BYU football games sold out here?

Nothing is stopping them now. Mormons can travel to El Paso anytime.

Why would someone make travel plans 4 weeks from now based on a football game that probably won’t happen?
What’s there for morons to do in El Paso right now?

I’ve got plans for the road utsa/rice games that are months away.

I don't know. I was hooking up with some mormon chick (I don't know why) but we went to her house for some kind of celebration and I was thinking cool byu is playing in a bowl game... these mofos didn't even turn on the TV

Why wasn't the New Mexico sold out in 2010? Albuquerque is closer to Provo.

It was a bowl game at a neutral site between two 6-6 teams. 32,000 is damn good and I think has only been eclipsed by UNM playing at home in the bowl. Not to mention that was a very disappointing year for BYU.

It was a bowl game at a neutral site between two 6-6 teams. 32,000 is damn good and I think has only been eclipsed by UNM playing at home in the bowl. Not to mention that was a very disappointing year for BYU.

So you're saying if BYU played UTEP in the Sun Bowl they would get more than 32,000 fans?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
What’s there for morons to do in El Paso right now?

I’ve got plans for the road utsa/rice games that are months away.

Okay?? Those plans involve you driving a relatively short distance correct? You’re not driving 12 hours or buying a plane ticket from SLC to EP.

Your plans are a little more flexible yes? Could cancel your hotel the day before and be done with it.

Okay?? Those plans involve you driving a relatively short distance correct? You’re not driving 12 hours or buying a plane ticket from SLC to EP.

Your plans are a little more flexible yes? Could cancel your hotel the day before and be done with it.

Most of BYU's alumns dont live in Utah.

So you're saying if BYU played UTEP in the Sun Bowl they would get more than 32,000 fans?

Yes you're getting a minimum 12,000 BYU fans. They have a huge national following like very few schools. It's also why has an independent they have at tv contract with ESPN. If Texh was independent they ain't getting tv deal with ESPN.

Yes you're getting a minimum 12,000 BYU fans. They have a huge national following like very few schools. It's also why has an independent they have at tv contract with ESPN. If Texh was independent they ain't getting tv deal with ESPN.

Just stop. Last season’s Hawaii Bowl had 22,00ish fans and it was against Hawaii. You’re telling me only 10,000 of those were Hawaii fans?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT