ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

I don't think there is a going to be a college football season in the fall.

It’s going to be be though. The NBA, MLB are proposing shorter schedules and isolating all the teams. The UFC has fight island and Top Rank is using Vegas as their base of operations. I don’t think every NCAA football program can keep all their players isolated, and cover the costs of testing. And these teams are going to have to travel which means they run the risk of exposure there too.

It’s going to be be though. The NBA, MLB are proposing shorter schedules and isolating all the teams. The UFC has fight island and Top Rank is using Vegas as their base of operations. I don’t think every NCAA football program can keep all their players isolated, and cover the costs of testing. And these teams are going to have to travel which means they run the risk of exposure there too.

Yep, I just think all the travel is going to force the season to be canceled.

If we don’t have football I wonder if any universities will be forced to drop to fcs or football all together and if it will create open vacancies in their conference.

What if universities mandate an online curriculum for the fall? Would it make a difference if they’re in El Paso or somewhere else?

I would think it would make a difference, but would players be quarantined from September through November? Imagine how much that would cost. I just don't think it would make any sense. I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

UH has put a hold on all voluntary athletic activities due to 6 athletes testing positive. I dont see how the football season can go on if this is going to be the case. Too many people involved.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...s-workouts-six-student-athletes-test-positive

There is going to be a constant and continued uptick in cases until it runs though the population. The more we test the more the cases will go up. A lot people aren't taking precautions. I don't see it working until there is a vaccine.

Yes, it’s going to be hard. We’ve seen European soccer leagues start up again and things seem to be going okay. In Germany, they have an 18 team league with 25-30 players on the team. College football is a lot different since we have 130 FBS teams with 80 guys on each team. Teams like Wyoming and Nebraska might be fine, but it will be tougher for schools like Houston and FIU to be COVID free.

Yes, it’s going to be hard. We’ve seen European soccer leagues start up again and things seem to be going okay. In Germany, they have an 18 team league with 25-30 players on the team. College football is a lot different since we have 130 FBS teams with 80 guys on each team. Teams like Wyoming and Nebraska might be fine, but it will be tougher for schools like Houston and FIU to be COVID free.

Professional leagues and teams along with players have a lot more money which makes it a lot easier for them to mitigate the risks associated with this disease. Leagues in the US are planning to seclude athletes and I’m sure those soccer players are making sure they’re not going out and meeting anyone unless it’s necessary. Will universities require student athletes live on campus, and how will they make sure they’re not socializing after hours? Wait until the Instagram videos show members of a football team partying it up at a club.

Professional leagues and teams along with players have a lot more money which makes it a lot easier for them to mitigate the risks associated with this disease. Leagues in the US are planning to seclude athletes and I’m sure those soccer players are making sure they’re not going out and meeting anyone unless it’s necessary. Will universities require student athletes live on campus, and how will they make sure they’re not socializing after hours? Wait until the Instagram videos show members of a football team partying it up at a club.
I brought this up about UTEP football and was basically told not to worry.

Covid has large large college team sports like a rodeo: The bull is Corona virus. The clowns are the A.D's all trying to fit in a few barrels for safety and the players are cowboys scaling over the wall for safety, but some will get the horns no matter what.

Exactly. That’s why it’s pretty slim. Need a good end of July to see if it’s possible

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I brought this up about UTEP football and was basically told not to worry.

Covid has large large college team sports like a rodeo: The bull is Corona virus. The clowns are the A.D's all trying to fit in a few barrels for safety and the players are cowboys scaling over the wall for safety, but some will get the horns no matter what.

When did you bring this up and who told you not to worry?

When I read waiver, I assumed that meant the university would not be held liable if they ended up getting sick. This waiver is really more of an agreement that they will try to limit exposure to individuals outside of football and report any potential exposure. In theory it sounds reasonable because they can’t watch everyone like a hawk.

When I read waiver, I assumed that meant the university would not be held liable if they ended up getting sick. This waiver is really more of an agreement that they will try to limit exposure to individuals outside of football and report any potential exposure. In theory it sounds reasonable because they can’t watch everyone like a hawk.

Right and it did say they wouldn’t lose their scholarship over it either. The thing is though, how do you tell a guy not to attend an on campus party with 100 people, but you want him to practice football 5 times a week with 100 others?

Right and it did say they wouldn’t lose their scholarship over it either. The thing is though, how do you tell a guy not to attend an on campus party with 100 people, but you want him to practice football 5 times a week with 100 others?

To me this sounds like one of those personal accountability contracts they give to kids and their parents in grade school. Unfortunately it’s inevitable that teams are going to have a breakout of the disease, and like you said if they’re practicing together all week it could get out of control if they aren’t testing regularly. Every coach in America is going to have to preach accountability and the players have to understand they risk hurting the team if they go out or they aren’t truthful with any potential exposure. If schools don’t resume in person classes I would assume that the campus life and party scene will die down to some degree.

Reactions: JCorona

This is far, far from over. SEC programs are under quarantine for positive tests. FSU players are calling out their coach for "lying" about discussing the protests and George Floyd. Iowa Hawkeye's released their S & C coach for racial insensitivity.

"The speed is building its own momentum, freeing players to express the pain they feel, not just toward their coaches, but toward their schools." https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ronavirus-racism-college-football/3184735001/

The pressure and literal pain to succeed at most FBS programs has reached a peak. Coach Martin was cleared in March by the State of NM of forcing players to play thru injuries and other accusations (none were racial but performance pressuring by he and his staff). Our flag ship school has been asked to remove the iconic "Eye's of Texas" anthem.

Race, health and performance requirements, money, social status on and off the field (or court); D1 college sports will never be the same. This is not within the past few years, this steam pot was building decades and decades ago but never got fully vetted nor addressed.

Once the season is canceled, is that the best time to buy out Dimel? Or bring him back for year four with a bowl or bust ultimatum.

Once the season is canceled, is that the best time to buy out Dimel? Or bring him back for year four with a bowl or bust ultimatum.

I just want to know what their solution is to freshman, sophomore, junior, senior classes. Does everyone redshirt? What about the high school seniors? Not enough scholarships to bring in full recruiting classes for 2021. I hope they get a handful of games played, but it doesn’t look promising at this point.

I just want to know what their solution is to freshman, sophomore, junior, senior classes. Does everyone redshirt? What about the high school seniors? Not enough scholarships to bring in full recruiting classes for 2021. I hope they get a handful of games played, but it doesn’t look promising at this point.
I have no idea. I want to know if we still have to pay Dimel his full salary for this year if there’s no season.

The mls tournament is the perfect experiment. If they’re able to pull it off maybe there’s sports.

Also the NWSL is starting next Saturday near Salt Lake City. We’ll see how that goes. The NBA should be playing in South Dakota, Wyoming, or Montana. They’re trying out Orlando because of amenities. It’s safer to try this in less populated areas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT