ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't have a football season

UTEP's first game will be a pachanga and Tech will be in town.
I'm sure UTEP is hoping to keep this one since it's Tech but will El Paso be doing well enough to allow a crowd to attend? If yes then will it be only with 2 vacant seats between families? Last year a crowd of 34k attended the opener with Houston Baptist so with Tech and some smart promotion maybe UTEP could get 40k for this one. Plus this could be one picked for either cbssn or the nfl network package. Those 2 providers love to use cusa games vs P5 programs for the eyeballs. And of course with our improved team it would be a great chance to showcase UTEP football, right? Right. Sure.

Reactions: 1KiddMiner
On football attendance in 2020, Iowa St has announced that they are reducing capacity for this season from 61k to 30k. If UTEP tried for 50% like that it would be 25k. They might reach that for Tech, NMSU and USM (homecoming) if the team has improved quite a bit.

I'm sure UTEP is hoping to keep this one since it's Tech but will El Paso be doing well enough to allow a crowd to attend? If yes then will it be only with 2 vacant seats between families? Last year a crowd of 34k attended the opener with Houston Baptist so with Tech and some smart promotion maybe UTEP could get 40k for this one. Plus this could be one picked for either cbssn or the nfl network package. Those 2 providers love to use cusa games vs P5 programs for the eyeballs. And of course with our improved team it would be a great chance to showcase UTEP football, right? Right. Sure.

UTEP cannot run a promotion from HBU for a school like Tech. They already released the ticket prices for Tech. I would expect more than 20,000 for the Tech game now. Especially if it’s on TV at a normal time. If we get a 8 or 9pm kick, forget about it.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Well, for sure as of right now until July we know because Gov. Abbot stated...

a) There will be Texas college football

b) There will be fans in the stands, just don't how many or action plan.

American football = increase in liquor sales

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Right........;)

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Just let you all know, the rich TT fans will actually buy season tickets for games at UTEP when they play at the Sun Bowl. Its dirt cheap for FBS football. They then sell the remaining games on ticket sites hoping to recoup some back. They want the close parking spots to the stadium so they don't have to hoof it as much to the stadium. The SB is built into a mountain. To them that is value, to others it's "a la chingada! I'm not going to pay that to park close.". So if they do sell, it comes with the up close parking pass. I did it one year and I loved just parking across the street from press box.

Just let you all know, the rich TT fans will actually buy season tickets for games at UTEP when they play at the Sun Bowl. Its dirt cheap for FBS football.

Yeah right. They won’t be able to sell tickets to the other 5 games for a profit. Are you drunk? UTEP tickets are easy to get and nobody is making profit re-selling them. Stop lying.

Just let you all know, the rich TT fans will actually buy season tickets for games at UTEP when they play at the Sun Bowl. Its dirt cheap for FBS football. They then sell the remaining games on ticket sites hoping to recoup some back. They want the close parking spots to the stadium so they don't have to hoof it as much to the stadium. The SB is built into a mountain. To them that is value, to others it's "a la chingada! I'm not going to pay that to park close.". So if they do sell, it comes with the up close parking pass. I did it one year and I loved just parking across the street from press box.

Stop making things up. You can park in the Sun Bowl garage for $10.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Yeah right. They won’t be able to sell tickets to the other 5 games for a profit. Are you drunk? UTEP tickets are easy to get and nobody is making profit re-selling them. Stop lying.
Ah, but he did not say profit. He said they try to recoup some back. Maybe they get cents on the dollar but it's at least recouping something. Of course if UTEP goes 1-11 they won't sell at all.

Reactions: JCorona
Ah, but he did not say profit. He said they try to recoup some back. Maybe they get cents on the dollar but it's at least recouping something. Of course if UTEP goes 1-11 they won't sell at all.

They won't sell at any price. Nobody is going to pay fees and the cost to ship the tickets on top of the ticket price when you can walk up the day of the game and get free tickets or tickets for $5.

A guy on the New Mexico HS football website said that the Govenor does not want gatherings of 100+ for the rest of the year. Which means no school, no college, and no football in New Mexico if this is true. She really wants to 'out liberal' New York, California, and Hawaii.

They won't sell at any price. Nobody is going to pay fees and the cost to ship the tickets on top of the ticket price when you can walk up the day of the game and get free tickets or tickets for $5.
I would pay $5-20 for a Gold seat instead of the GA seat at the same price. I’m able to find re sell front row seats for $30 or less to most of the UTEP road P5 games. Normally those seats are in $100-300 range. The only university I can’t find cheap tickets for is Texas. Nosebleeds for UTEP still start at $68. I’m all for paying the lowest price but if a Gold seat is available for the around the same price as a GA seat I’m taking the Gold section.

I would pay $5-20 for a Gold seat instead of the GA seat at the same price. I’m able to find re sell front row seats for $30 or less to most of the UTEP road P5 games. Normally those seats are in $100-300 range. The only university I can’t find cheap tickets for is Texas. Nosebleeds for UTEP still start at $68. I’m all for paying the lowest price but if a Gold seat is available for the around the same price as a GA seat I’m taking the Gold section.

Groundbreaking stuff, man. If the best is available for the price of less, you'll take it. Thanks for sharing this bold and insightful way of thinking!

You would be surprised. Some have made claims that no one would do that.

You’re not understanding what I am saying. 2Step claims that Tech fans buy UTEP season tickets and then sell the remaining games for profit. I guaren-****en-tee that number is not big. Maybe a handful and probably less than that this year. There is no profit in re-selling UTEP tickets for home games.

You are talking about buying re-sells for UTEP games at P5 opponents. Which are probably being sold by their season ticket holders or ticket brokers. Where they could make profit on re-selling tickets.

Two entirely different circumstances. If you’re buying UTEP season tickets and hoping to make profit, you’re in the wrong ****in racket. This isn’t the 1990s. You can get any ticket to any event on the internet. Only a true moron would buy season tickets for a school that’s not theirs, when the stadium is super empty; for seats to 1 game.

You’re not understanding what I am saying. 2Step claims that Tech fans buy UTEP season tickets and then sell the remaining games for profit. I guaren-****en-tee that number is not big. Maybe a handful and probably less than that this year. There is no profit in re-selling UTEP tickets for home games.

You are talking about buying re-sells for UTEP games at P5 opponents. Which are probably being sold by their season ticket holders or ticket brokers. Where they could make profit on re-selling tickets.

Two entirely different circumstances. If you’re buying UTEP season tickets and hoping to make profit, you’re in the wrong ****in racket. This isn’t the 1990s. You can get any ticket to any event on the internet. Only a true moron would buy season tickets for a school that’s not theirs, when the stadium is super empty; for seats to 1 game.
He never said make a profit he said recoup some of the money. I know of a WKU fan that does this too but instead of selling the remaining tickets he donates them to the boys club.

As far as my example. I’m showing there are rich P5 fans that don’t care about UTEP. They’ll gladly sell a $100 ticket at $30, not to make profit but to recoup some of the season ticket.

He never said make a profit he said recoup some of the money. I know of a WKU fan that does this too but instead of selling the remaining tickets he donates them to the boys club.

As far as my example. I’m showing there are rich P5 fans that don’t care about UTEP. They’ll gladly sell a $100 ticket at $30, not to make profit but to recoup some of the season ticket.

Okay. Again, that’s borderline insane. Only an idiot would do that, whether you have mega bucks or not.

Okay. Again, that’s borderline insane. Only an idiot would do that, whether you have mega bucks or not.
I don’t know. To us $350 sounds like a lot. To a power couple raking in a quarter mil a year, it might not be that much of an expense.

I don’t know. To us $350 sounds like a lot. To a power couple raking in a quarter mil a year, it might not be that much of an expense.

For sure, but it doesn’t make sense either. It takes more time to buy season tickets than a single game ticket. Even if their “butler” is finding tickets, only a complete idiot would buy season tickets than a 1 off game, especially for UTEP games. If money is no object, they could get Alabama or Super Bowl tickets, getting tickets to UTEP vs Tech is a cakewalk. Again, makes no sense, especially since you’re implying a power couple would bother listing their UTEP vs UTSA tickets on Stubhub.

This has only happened twice that I know of in 2008 about 50 Longhorn fans from austin bought season tickets so they could guarantee a seat. In 2012 about 500 oklahoma fans bought season tickets. The game didn't sell out but UTEP got a nice Sooner bump in season ticket sales. That's the only two occasions that I'm aware it's happened.

Tech only drew 35,000 last time they were in town. That season was our last winning season. I CV would see possibly 28,000 this year, but I don't expect any of their fans to buy season tickets.

It would be less than that because the Sun Bowl now has about 45,000 seats.
It's true that the construction project made about 6k seats unavailable but once construction is completed, an unknown number will become available again along with some new box seats. What do you think the capacity will be when all is said and done? I'm guessing between 48 and 50k.

It's true that the construction project made about 6k seats unavailable but once construction is completed, an unknown number will become available again along with some new box seats. What do you think the capacity will be when all is said and done? I'm guessing between 48 and 50k.

About 47-48k. The box seats are spacious and that's why the cheapest seat per game is over $100.

You can just buy a GA seat and sit where you want. Or go to the box office before the game and there will be people giving out free tickets or selling them for $5.

This has only happened twice that I know of in 2008 about 50 Longhorn fans from austin bought season tickets so they could guarantee a seat. In 2012 about 500 oklahoma fans bought season tickets. The game didn't sell out but UTEP got a nice Sooner bump in season ticket sales. That's the only two occasions that I'm aware it's happened.

Tech only drew 35,000 last time they were in town. That season was our last winning season. I CV would see possibly 28,000 this year, but I don't expect any of their fans to buy season tickets.
We owe Oklahoma just one more game, right? It was a two for one deal if I remember correctly.

Southern Miss announced that their 36k seat stadium will be allowed 10.8k capacity for this season or 30%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT