ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Lathon game winner #1 ESPN top10

I dont think Jordan comes here if Isaac did. Wasnt Jordan replacement for Isaac?
I think it unlikely Lathon would have come if Likelele had signed. Terry was very fortunate to pick up a four star guy like Lathon so late. FWIW, Likelele has been solid for OSU as he has started every game and is averaging around 25 minutes of PT per game. Terry has shown a good eye on recruiting young talent. Both Wenzel and Zarzuela are having good seasons so far, and I think their shooting ability may help them in finding some playing time next year.

Why wasn't Teicher excited? It was such an exciting play and usually he's screaming his head off :)
In defense of Teicher, he said he didn't think the shot was good and would be disallowed after they reviewed it. He said that he feels it's impossible to receive and shoot in less than half a second, but he also said on the post game that it had to be the worst call of a miracle finish in his career.

Reactions: AZminer
Anyone here think the new recruits red shirt next year?? With all the guys coming in and Stroud,who I think will break the lineup, I'm not sure there is gonna be PT for the new kids. Not a bad problem to have though

Anyone here think the new recruits red shirt next year?? With all the guys coming in and Stroud,who I think will break the lineup, I'm not sure there is gonna be PT for the new kids. Not a bad problem to have though

I think terry said we need shooters. I think and just guessing that Mcgee transfers and maybe even Gilyard ? Only reason i say Gilyard is because i dont think he starts next year. Will Gilyard be happy not starting??

I think Eze will red-shirt. It would allow CRT to stagger him behind Efe and Verhoeven (who is a high level shot blocker). It would also allow Vila to get in the rotation as well. If Williams is as good as I think he will be, he could be one and done. This keeps 4 bigs in the rotation each of the next 2 seasons. Eze is a little behind the curve in the competitive college setting right now, but we have all seen what he could be in the future.

Zarzuela could take McGee's spot next year behind Lathon (as the air apparent PG) and redshirt. I don't think Gilyard or Hawkins are true point guards, but either of them (or Boum) could handle the ball. This would allow Wenzel (shooter) to crack the rotation as the 6th guard without having too much responsibilty.

Tarke takes over at SF with Mr. Highlight Reel Deon Stroud right behind him.

The combinations are endless because we could go small or big. Aside from Efe, most of our guys could guard multiple positions.

PG/SG Lathon, Gilyard, Hawkins, Boum and then Wenzel

SF Tarke, Stroud and Campbell

PF Williams, Verhoeven and Vila

C Odigie

Redshirts are Eze and Zarzuela

Gilyard is our leading scorer and best shooter. I think he starts next year.

Only way i see Gilyard starts next year is if Terry goes with a 3 guard line up. Gilyard is a small SG like randy culpepper. Look what happened to Randy when Floyd became coach. Lathon and Hawkins are the starters at the guards spots next season.

If you are starting Gilyard who are you benching???

Easy-- You start Gilyard and bench Hawkins at the 2.

CRT would be wise to do everything he can to keep Gilyard. He's either our best player, or close to it, and he's only a Sophmore.
Agree. Really, it is more a question of playing time. Next year, I would expect much less playing time for all of this year's players due to the expanded depth. However, at the end of a game, specifically one that is down to the wire, I would want Gilyard on the court.

Reactions: miner1liner
This sounds like a great problem to have. Gilyard ought to stay as starter until someone beats him out, which is a real possibility.
With the depth and talent next year, the Miners should go far.

Easy-- You start Gilyard and bench Hawkins at the 2.

CRT would be wise to do everything he can to keep Gilyard. He's either our best player, or close to it, and he's only a Sophmore.

I think starting line up next year is

PG Lathon
SG Hawkins
SF Tarke
Pf Williams
C Odigie

6Th man Gilyard

But unless Terry goes with the 3 guard lineup and Tarke is the 6th man.

PG Lathon
SG Hawkins
SF Tarke
Pf Williams
C Odigie

6Th man Gilyard

I agree ...to start the season, but by

PG Lathon
SG Hawkins
SF Tarke
Pf Williams
C Odigie

6Th man Gilyard

PG Lathon
SG Hawkins
SF Tarke
Pf Williams
C Odigie

6Th man Gilyard

I agree at the beginning of the season, but at the start of CUSA; you might see Stroud and/or Boum and/or Gilyard ..maybe even Zarzuela or Wentzel. Lots of possibilities depending on who steps up.

I'm going with

PG-Lathon
SG-Gilyard
SF-Tarke
PF-Williams
C-Verhoeven

6th man-Boum
Efe/Hawkins/Stroud round out the rotation

I don't believe any of the transfers came to be on the bench. And do believe they are slightly ahead and better than some of our frosh. But our frosh are playing very well which I think has our future looking bright for the next 4 years. But this is why I question our incoming recruits PT

I think terry said we need shooters. I think and just guessing that Mcgee transfers and maybe even Gilyard ? Only reason i say Gilyard is because i dont think he starts next year. Will Gilyard be happy not starting??
Lol, WTF on Gilyard!??!? Way off erroneous!!! Lol that was funny though thanks for the laughs Fili haha I needed that!

I'm going with

PG-Lathon
SG-Gilyard
SF-Tarke
PF-Williams
C-Verhoeven

6th man-Boum
Efe/Hawkins/Stroud round out the rotation

I don't believe any of the transfers came to be on the bench. And do believe they are slightly ahead and better than some of our frosh. But our frosh are playing very well which I think has our future looking bright for the next 4 years. But this is why I question our incoming recruits PT
I beg to differ. Verhoeven starting over Efe? Have you seen Verhoeven play? What do you know about him? Have you seen Efe play? Have you for that matter seen Vila play? Kind of a bold prediction. Agree totally with Tarke and Williams. There's a toss up situation with all the guard options.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCorona
I beg to differ. Verhoeven starting over Efe? Have you seen Verhoeven play? What do you know about him? Have you seen Efe play? Have you for that matter seen Vila play? Kind of a bold prediction. Agree totally with Tarke and Williams. There's a toss up situation with all the guard options.
I agree what are Verhoeven’s numbers compared to this that makes him a starter.

...and if TCU is "Christian" my cousin, who just got of the pokey for the sixth time, should be a pastor.

Well I figure we would want some defense on the floor and not just with the second unit. As great as Efe has been offensively, defensively is something else. I would expect for Williams to be the more seasoned efe down low with verhoeven being our defensive stud for the starters. Efe would be huge off the bench as a sophomore and could put up similiar numbers with the second unit imo. Not like the bigs won't rotate with each other and play together at times to see what works best tho and maybe change things up some. But I could be wrong and them switch them if it works better for both units

looks like I was right???? I called it Gilyard is transferring . Now who is laughing???
At the point of this post, it still seemed unlikely. However as the season went on it became obvious. Yes u saw through the smoke and were correct and I was wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT