ADVERTISEMENT

Lobos Game Thread

I also give UTEP credit for cutting down on some penalties during this game. We had 6 penalties tonight as opposed to 10 or whatever we were averaging
Just finished beers with a Sun Bowl committeeman.

First off, congrats to 'Paydirt Pete" guy. He proposed to his soul mate and she said "yes". Congrats and happy memories.

The UNM and UTEP D line were battling hard. That UNM D line was small but Wow! They plugged all the holes.

UTEP LB put in blue collar work. Them and D line shut down UNM in 2nd half.

Hardidon was off, literally but hit the deep routes nicely. Less then 15 was off. UNM d line got to his head as he felt he had to release early.

UNM secondary fell asleep in 2nd half. They played way too off and UTEP capitlized in 2nd half.

To summarize Miner D line got push and sealed off the edges unlike 1st half. UTEP punting team flipped the field well in the 2nd half and D took care of the rest.

Lobos didn't capitalize on UTEP penalties and UTEP D line pressured well when need be.

Hardison owes the D line brunch at La Malinche tomorrow morning.

Former QB Ryan Metz, dressed in Paydirt Pete Mascot costume, proposed last night and she said "YES!" in the southern end zone. Congrats to both!

BTW, press box side had way more fans. However, eastside of SB looks bad on TV.

Not really considering we were down. We came back, beat a rival, and improved to 3-1. I’ll take it
“I’ll take it” is a lot different from “great”. Yes, 3-1 is a fine record, but outside of the first half vs NMSU and the the first part of the 3rd quarter vs UNM, the team hasn’t looked “great”. Again, we beat the worst of the worst and didn’t look that convincing in doing so.

Call it misery, or whatever you want, UTEP struggled to put away some bad competition. Are they good, lucky, something else? Time will tell.

Dimel just said UNM has the best defense they’ll face this year.

Said the crowd was awesome Saturday.

We have a top 15 defense coming to town and they've done it against quality opponents. Hopefully they don't use that quote as motivation and humiliate us worse than Boise did.

We have a top 15 defense coming to town and they've done it against quality opponents. Hopefully they don't use that quote as motivation and humiliate us worse than Boise did.
Lol, the fact that u think ODU could beat us down worse than Boise St and at home to boot. Shows you are literally are just so down on UTEP Football and Dimel that you think we have less talent than any FBS school in the nation. We're not great, but I don't think as bad as you think and their not as good as you're trying to make it seem. ODU played one good half let's not make them world beaters lol I'm waiting for you to take my bet since you seem confident UTEP will lose.

Lol, the fact that u think ODU could beat us down worse than Boise St and at home to boot. Shows you are literally are just so down on UTEP Football and Dimel that you think we have less talent than any FBS school in the nation. We're not great, but I don't think as bad as you think and their not as good as you're trying to make it seem. ODU played one good half let's not make them world beaters lol I'm waiting for you to take my bet since you seem confident UTEP will lose.
I thought he was referring to UTSA since they do have a higher rated D and are coming to town in a few weeks. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: JCorona
Rocky Long is one of the best defensive coordinators in America. He walked away from away from head coaching job at San Diego State who he turned from a doormat to a football power. He returned home to Albuquerque to help his former player and be DC. That was a huge coup for UNM.

I was definitely impressed by his defense on Saturday. He did a masterful job of disguising his fronts. They played very physical and fundamentaly sound football. I don't know if they're the best defense we play all season but they'll definitely be top three. UAB and UTSA are the other candidates for best defense we'll see all year.

Rocky Long is one of the best defensive coordinators in America. He walked away from away from head coaching job at San Diego State who he turned from a doormat to a football power. He returned home to Albuquerque to help his former player and be DC. That was a huge coup for UNM.

I was definitely impressed by his defense on Saturday. He did a masterful job of disguising his fronts. They played very physical and fundamentaly sound football. I don't know if they're the best defense we play all season but they'll definitely be top three. UAB and UTSA are the other candidates for best defense we'll see all year.
That explains his comment.

Reactions: nattybry
Pretty much what Wisconsin said. While ODU's defense is ranked higher than UNM's against better teams it's not top 15.

For the love of God stop trying to bet everyone money. If you're so confident go to Bovada and make some real cash.

Pretty much what Wisconsin said. While ODU's defense is ranked higher than UNM's against better teams it's not top 15.

For the love of God stop trying to bet everyone money. If you're so confident go to Bovada and make some real cash.
I already do, but not Bovada, made 1200 last week, Thanks 😁. I'm not trying to bet everyone nor do I try to every game. Just seemed like you were very confident ODU was going to beat us, so I said let's bet. Anyway, my misunderstanding. If you're talking about UTSA then it's a moot point. UTSA is very good this year and it's actually quite frustrating they've passed us so quickly.

I already do, but not Bovada, made 1200 last week, Thanks 😁. I'm not trying to bet everyone nor do I try to every game. Just seemed like you were very confident ODU was going to beat us, so I said let's bet. Anyway, my misunderstanding. If you're talking about UTSA then it's a moot point. UTSA is very good this year and it's actually quite frustrating they've passed us so quickly.
I'm not confident either way. My heart says we win but my mind says we lose. Hoping Dimel shuts me up Saturday.

I'm not confident either way. My heart says we win but my mind says we lose. Hoping Dimel shuts me up Saturday.
My heart... We beat, ODU, Rice, S. Miss, La Tech and N. Texas and go 8-4 which looks good on paper, but really means we only beat one decent team. My head tells me we Dimel messes up the red carpet and gimme schedule this year and only wins two more and goes 5-7 and no bowl. My prediction was 5-7, but I hope I'm wrong too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT