ADVERTISEMENT

Next season we will be young again and the rebuild

Not really, especially since Hunter should be back. We'll have Morris, Hunter, Harris, Willms, Vint, and Flaggert, who all have significant experience. If Stallworth can take a jump this offseason, we'll be all right.

This post was edited on 2/26 9:00 PM by STexMiner

This post was edited on 2/26 9:33 PM by STexMiner

Tucson (aka: la llorona) Miner shows up on cue. Invisible during the winning streak, loud and crying clear when things go south. At least Chi and Soda are here, good and bad. What a sorry tool.

Not too mention I think paul Thomas is gonna be very good and I'm even high on that Romine character

Allminer ....Tucson hardly needs me to come to his defense but you have no idea what you are talking about. I will leave it at that.

Just calling it like I see it. An insightful post now and then on this board might help. Can't remember one, but I'll leave your pal alone.

Those 7 plus Caldwell, Touchet, Romine, Thomas, and the JC guy who's name is escaping me.

Luca...Over the years you made many admirable posts which I thought were right on. Your opinions seemed to always be well
thought out and fairminded. I must side with allminer here. If you don't feel compelled to comment during the good times,
but immediately jump to post after one bad loss; why do you feel the need to defend him? We should all be able to recognize and post both ways...no just one way or the other.

I have no beef with anybody here So I should have just stayed out of it. Either way the Miners looked bad tonight and that is disappointing. But there are plenty of fans that are not that happy that we can't seem to get over the hump....

I agree Luca. Me too. We get fooled into thinking we might be on the right track then boom!!!

Originally posted by Lucaminer:
Allminer ....Tucson hardly needs me to come to his defense but you have no idea what you are talking about. I will leave it at that.
Allminer is right. Tucson only comes here when UTEP loses. Most people are here win or lose. There is no problem being negative (like after tonight's game), but it doesn't look good when you post on this board only when UTEP loses.

Guys you have no idea how much I support UTEP athletics financially not just on this stupid board. I love my Miners just like the rest of you but am sick and tired of always losing the big games. I was not alive during the 66 championship and was too young to rember the 80's so shoot me for wanting them to do something during my lifetime that I can be proud of. Luca thanks for the help. Alminer thanks for calling me a llorona I prefer realist. By the way, I was one of the first ones to post on this board over 10 years ago, under a different handle, with great recruiting info. I was even in the Times regarding recruiting info on the Internet and approached by several of you to compile recruiting info. I will find a different place to vent when our Miners lose the big games because this is just a place for people with rose colored glasses on to post.

Holy cow guys i was being sarcastic. Every season we have an excuse. Take your pick. We will win another NCAA championship next season!!! Go Miners!!!

Originally posted by Tucson_Miner:
I will find a different place to vent when our Miners lose the big games because this is just a place for people with rose colored glasses on to post.
Not at all. Most people here post win or lose. It seems like you only come here when UTEP loses.

Originally posted by STexMiner:
Oh, and I forgot Winn.

I don't see how we'll be rebuilding.
It's a matter of perspective. While we may have a lot of experience coming back next year, we also lose 60% of our starting line up. Some would consider that a rebuild. Whether we call next year a rebuilding year, or not, really makes little difference.

We all need a way to vent... Not everyone needs to post when someone else wants them to... And not everyone is going to post all the time like Chih, and others... lol I was so pissed off after the game, then I calmed down... Beat USM on sat and win out... should be good enough for 2nd...

Originally posted by tbleslie:
Originally posted by STexMiner:
Oh, and I forgot Winn.

I don't see how we'll be rebuilding.
It's a matter of perspective. While we may have a lot of experience coming back next year, we also lose 60% of our starting line up. Some would consider that a rebuild. Whether we call next year a rebuilding year, or not, really makes little difference.
When I think of rebuild, I think more of what Billy had to do here in 2002 or what Floyd had to do in 2011. We're no where near that thank god. I still think we'll be all right. The biggest gaps we're going to have to fill are Lang and Washburn's defense. We really don't have another Lang. I don''t follow the recruits much. But, Thomas looks more like a wing, and I think Romine is more of a Bohannon type. Maybe Winn steps into that role. And, it's probably just going to be a team effort to replace Washburn. I think the coach's thought on redshirting Caldwell was the he was going to try to fill that role. But, there's no way I can see Caldwell doing it for 35 minutes a game. If Touchet and Flaggert can shoot it the way most think they are able, I'm not all that worried about offense.

I really do hope that Stallworth has a big summer. I can't quite explain it, but I like the way he looks on the court. He just isn't close to having it all together yet. And, of course, the illness really set him back this year.

Originally posted by Tucson_Miner:
Guys you have no idea how much I support UTEP athletics financially not just on this stupid board. I love my Miners just like the rest of you but am sick and tired of always losing the big games. I was not alive during the 66 championship and was too young to rember the 80's so shoot me for wanting them to do something during my lifetime that I can be proud of. Luca thanks for the help. Alminer thanks for calling me a llorona I prefer realist. By the way, I was one of the first ones to post on this board over 10 years ago, under a different handle, with great recruiting info. I was even in the Times regarding recruiting info on the Internet and approached by several of you to compile recruiting info. I will find a different place to vent when our Miners lose the big games because this is just a place for people with rose colored glasses on to post.

I know Tucson, he supports the Miners better financially than most of us on the board. He just wants us to win.

Now if you want to remark on his bball playing abilities, he might be fair game....
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Not really, especially since Hunter should be back. We'll have Morris, Hunter, Harris, Willms, Vint, and Flaggert, who all have significant experience. If Stallworth can take a jump this offseason, we'll be all right.

This post was edited on 2/26 9:00 PM by STexMiner

This post was edited on 2/26 9:33 PM by STexMiner

It's hilarious reading this after the fact.

Hey UTEP05, care to reply to your previous posts under a different user name?

Allminer is right. Tucson only comes here when UTEP loses. Most people are here win or lose. There is no problem being negative (like after tonight's game), but it doesn't look good when you post on this board only when UTEP loses.

Not at all. Most people here post win or lose. It seems like you only come here when UTEP loses.

Winn was such a great player.

Too bad he left and Floyd ran him off the team. But, according to DaMinersFan, he wasn't a high character guy. Sounds like something our assistant coaches said recently. Maybe they're the same person?

Guys you have no idea how much I support UTEP athletics financially not just on this stupid board. I love my Miners just like the rest of you but am sick and tired of always losing the big games.

The big games? Losing the BIG games? You've lost every compass game this season and you're complaining about losing the big games?

Just curious, since you apparently contribute more to UTEP athletics than the average Miner fan, at what point do you turn off the spigot?

Tucson, spot on again. I think the dividing line for Floyd supporters is if you remember the 80s.

I remember the 80s and ready for a change, seven years is more than enough time. I have watched Miner basketball and had tickets since 1982 and don't care if I watch another one this year.... just to painful. If that is the message Bob Stull needs to see, is empty seats, so be it. And by the way, Tucson's is a big utep fan. What he says is true about being passionate about Utep sports. Even his license plate on his car backs the Miners.

Reactions: UTEP05
Aw, hell, I remember the 60's and 70's. Playing in Memorial Gym and being deaf for a day after a game (especially BYU). People crammed/packed so tightly together in the bleacher seats that I'm sure bodily fluids were exchanged.

So what? I don't think Floyd is doing what he was hired to do - unless he was hired to coach basketball and won-loss records be damned. You don't need to be a UTEP fan of any era to appreciate the fact that Floyd's team this year is not meeting any sort of expectations.

lieb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT