ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU BB Shutdown

https://www.currentargus.com/story/...d-athletes-in-mismanaged-program/70194603007/

"Hooten said, “A new culture needs to be built, and a new start and a new beginning.” But he told Deuce Benjamin to find someplace else to play, so Benjamin was victimized twice....A year ago Deuce Benjamin entered the NMSU basketball program. He was “the best high school player in the state and the most celebrated recruit in years at NMSU,” said the AP. All he wanted was to be an Aggie standout like his dad. Today he doesn’t trust anybody."

https://www.currentargus.com/story/...d-athletes-in-mismanaged-program/70194603007/

"Hooten said, “A new culture needs to be built, and a new start and a new beginning.” But he told Deuce Benjamin to find someplace else to play, so Benjamin was victimized twice....A year ago Deuce Benjamin entered the NMSU basketball program. He was “the best high school player in the state and the most celebrated recruit in years at NMSU,” said the AP. All he wanted was to be an Aggie standout like his dad. Today he doesn’t trust anybody."
Come to UTEP. It's not everything, but at least you can probably trust Ol' Joe Golding. That much I'm fairly certain of.

“Most celebrated recruit in years at NMSU”
Yet, he’s soooooo good, he’s looking at JCs…

My question is why would anyone sign there. They would have to prove to me that the culture has changed. Just getting a new coach and leaving the AD wouldn’t hack it for me.

At least they got a NCAAT win and bowl win out of it. What have we gotten out of our dumpster fire of an athletic department?
There is an Aggie bowl ring at a gold store on Montana. A UTEP one, too.

So I guess it matters too none?

Last edited:
Hey man, we’re losing the right way! Better to lose and continuously lose, than to be successful!
Just own it....you are anti EVERYthing utep......

I'm so done....

I totally get negativity....I get nay sayers... I.get.it.

Im sooooo done with this site....

Preace bro......

Just own it....you are anti EVERYthing utep......
Yes! Thanks for noticing! I am very “anti-EVERYthing UTEP”. For the record, I am anti the following:

Going 31 years in between NCAA Tournament victories.
Going 56 years in between bowl wins
Going 13 years in between NCAA Tournament appearances
Never winning a CUSA tournament championship, even with schools like Memphis and Houston leaving 10 years ago
Never winning, even a division title in football. Let alone a championship game.

Hey, you must be very proud of all those things! See ya soon pal!

Yes! Thanks for noticing! I am very “anti-EVERYthing UTEP”. For the record, I am anti the following:

Never winning a CUSA tournament championship, even with schools like Memphis and Houston leaving 10 years ago
Never winning, even a division title in football. Let alone a championship game.

Thanks No Not, for reminding me of thing I already know!

A butt load of caca.
And it's not even shiny. Quick someone get Jimmy S some,
turd-polish.jpg

"According to police, Travis and fellow UNM students Jonathan Smith and Eli’Sha Upshaw allegedly wanted revenged against Peake for a fight at the Oct. 15, 2022, football game between UNM and NMSU in Las Cruces."

What was that fight about, anyway? Why were NMSU basketball players interacting with UNM students at a football game?

"According to police, Travis and fellow UNM students Jonathan Smith and Eli’Sha Upshaw allegedly wanted revenged against Peake for a fight at the Oct. 15, 2022, football game between UNM and NMSU in Las Cruces."

What was that fight about, anyway? Why were NMSU basketball players interacting with UNM students at a football game?
The fight was over women/woman. Ever since Eve...

• Wow
Reactions: jdubb66
The fight was over women/woman. Ever since Eve...
Whatever happened with a weekend trip to Juarez, then a trip to the Tillman Health Center (if needed) for Miner/Aggie players?

No guns, no revenge (that was met on the field or court), none of this "Toxica" persuasion that cause (legal) trouble.

Reactions: jdubb66
Whatever happened with a weekend trip to Juarez, then a trip to the Tillman Health Center (if needed) for Miner/Aggie players?

No guns, no revenge (that was met on the field or court), none of this "Toxica" persuasion that cause (legal) trouble.
Now that is old school...

Weekend? Nah

Last time I was at a Basketball Game at the DHC was when the Miner Women played for the NIT Championship. And the last time I was at the Sun Bowl was then Utep played Texas.

Because I am not going to support the stupid decisions made by the Athletic Department that we ALL know.
The football game was in 2008 and the basketball game was in 2014. Why didn’t you go to any football games in between that time frame? The Miners made a bowl game later in 2014 and there was some hope with Kugler and Floyd wasn’t a train wreck yet.

Not sure how you would come to the conclusion in the spring of 2014 that this was a dumpster fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT