ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Corona virus Questions

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/city-...4MGaVFVmWJjyi8NRyVZdQplkedPXibQTpSFmOQ4SzAyJk

It’s amazing how awful our city is at managing a crisis. I understand that I have to wait until my turn to get the vaccine but it’s shocking these bumbling sh*t-d*cks screw it up every step of the way. If I was a frontline healthcare worker I’d think about calling in until I get my vaccine because the city can‘t get their crap together.

Last edited:
https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/city-...4MGaVFVmWJjyi8NRyVZdQplkedPXibQTpSFmOQ4SzAyJk

It’s amazing how awful our city is at managing a crisis. I understand that I have to wait until my turn to get the vaccine but it’s shocking these bumbling sh*t-d*cks screw it up every step of the way. If I was a frontline healthcare worker I’d think about calling in until I get my vaccine because the city can‘t get their crap together.

Ok, so we go there to get a vaccine today. Cars were lined up for hours and there were a-holes cutting in everywhere. After about 2 hours in line, we are across from the Coliseum. My wife gets a text that there are about 200 doses left.

We speak to the first person of many. He asked if we were healthcare workers. My wife is a nurse, but my son and I are not healthcare workers. While we were talking to the guy, some jerk cuts us off and gets in front of us. Police remove them from the line which is now several miles. Word is out that anyone can get vaccinated. But this is sorta not true.

We go to the next station. Get forms, they ask us who is a Frontline healthcare worker. We get a form for my wife.

There is another station.

But no one ever asked us to prove anything. But I know people that should get the vaccine before me. I could have easily gotten it.

Goes pretty smoothly. Wife got the vaccine. They hold you vehicle for about 15 minutes which is to see if you have side effects.

The confusing part is they told her she has to get a booster in about 28 days. But no one seems to know how, when, or where this booster is going to happen.

Anyway, anyone could have got the vaccine if they said they were a healthcare worker. There were people who waited 2-3 hours and were turned away for being honest or maybe they were just trying to get kids vaccines (no vaccine for children).

I am sure many were given the vaccine that were not in Phase 1, but thats just El Pasoans being El Pasoans.

Ok, so we go there to get a vaccine today. Cars were lined up for hours and there were a-holes cutting in everywhere. After about 2 hours in line, we are across from the Coliseum. My wife gets a text that there are about 200 doses left.

We speak to the first person of many. He asked if we were healthcare workers. My wife is a nurse, but my son and I are not healthcare workers. While we were talking to the guy, some jerk cuts us off and gets in front of us. Police remove them from the line which is now several miles. Word is out that anyone can get vaccinated. But this is sorta not true.

We go to the next station. Get forms, they ask us who is a Frontline healthcare worker. We get a form for my wife.

There is another station.

But no one ever asked us to prove anything. But I know people that should get the vaccine before me. I could have easily gotten it.

Goes pretty smoothly. Wife got the vaccine. They hold you vehicle for about 15 minutes which is to see if you have side effects.

The confusing part is they told her she has to get a booster in about 28 days. But no one seems to know how, when, or where this booster is going to happen.

Anyway, anyone could have got the vaccine if they said they were a healthcare worker. There were people who waited 2-3 hours and were turned away for being honest or maybe they were just trying to get kids vaccines (no vaccine for children).

I am sure many were given the vaccine that were not in Phase 1, but thats just El Pasoans being El Pasoans.

It’s unfortunate we pay these city managers, mayors etc etc all this money and they can not do a decent job getting this vaccine to the people who need it first. This pandemic has really shown me that I would not trust these people in all government to run an ice cream truck let alone the city, state and federal response to this mess.

I got a cousin who got the vaccine. She was a big time trump supporter, is a nurse and believed trump on everything when it all started. She caught covid a month ago. I'm glad she was able to receive it, but it is BS that she got it before others

Reactions: minermx07
Went to get my haircut today from my barber I have known since he was a pup in Central EP. Towards the tail end of my cut he went ape shit over wearing masks because another customer misunderstood what he was saying. He pulls it off, starts batching and complains to his partner (who is family too) and I'm like "WTF'ing" in my head!

Reactions: kickballpro
Yes!

A friend spent Xmas with several family members who were "not from same household", he told me "I got the vaccine so I'm ok" (12 days prior). I was dumbfounded because he keeps himself abreast of Covid/vaccine news & research well and is well educated.

You can have it AND spread Covid with vaccine. Second, it takes almost two weeks after 1st dose and it reaches just 50% efficacy, hence why you need 2nd shot to get up to the 90%-95% efficacy rate. A Cali nurse got Covid after getting the 1st shot a few days earlier.

Sorry to say but this pandemic has basically just turned into population control for those that don't want to listen and their victims.

Was told today that Albertsons at some point will start vaccinating people. The Texas Gov turning to a Private/Partnership to get more people vaccinated. Only 28% of all Vaccines have been stuck in people arms. One of the reasons is that States Prioritize the Vaccine and those with the vaccine are waiting for the ok to advance to the next Phase. States that have partnered with the Private Sector and Pharmicies are getting more people vaccinated.

Now, the current outgoing administration held back a stockpile of 50% of vaccines with the thought process that everyone that gets the first dose needs the 2nd dose. Therefore the rollout is prett slow. However, the slow rollout doesn't solve that 72% of the available vaccines are in Freezers right now because of State Governments sitting on supplies.

The new administration is releasing all available vaccines in the stockpile to the states the First Day Biden takes office. The thought process here is to get millions of people at least 1 dose of a vaccine for some protection and worry about 2nd doses later.

There's nothing wrong about either strategy. The only thing that is a concern is the States that are not doing a good job getting people vaccinated, what they going to do with millions more doses?

My personal opinion is that the Government is getting in the way of distribution and maybe the private sector could do a better job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT