ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Damn "hot for". Chill a bit. I completely agree as I'm sure most people do. How can you get so riled up about such a harmless statement?

Damn "hot for". Chill a bit. I completely agree as I'm sure most people do. How can you get so riled up about such a harmless statement?
I just find it annoying when oldheads get riled up about woke culture.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand woke for the sake of woke... but a football team had to get a new name and some people act like their mom got slapped.

I just find it annoying when oldheads get riled up about woke culture.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand woke for the sake of woke... but a football team had to get a new name and some people act like their mom got slapped.
Did my comment say something about being woke?

I can't get used to it for the fact that I have called them the Redskins for almost 50 years. The first football pennants I collected were the Redskins and Cowboys from a game I went to when I was around 4 years old.

Secondly, Commanders is a terrible name choice. They surely could have come up with a better one.

I still haven't gotten used to the LA Chargers and Las Vegas Raiders. It is really hard not to say San Diego and Oakland.

I also can't think of Cleveland's baseball teams new name unless I actually look at the standings.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
As long as the Cowboys get up early and then show a pretty equal run/pass offense, they will be good. Hopefully Moore doesn't go 70/30 pass happy again when Dak returns. And damn it get Pollard the ball more!

If Dak learns to just manage the game, not fumble and force passes into coverage, the Cowboys may be ok. I am just not sure that he knows how to manage a football game.

The reason that we are winning is that we are not making mistakes, relying on the running game, which runs clock, and our stellar defense. I look at Cooper Rush as a poor man's Aaron Rodgers and Dak as Brett Favre. Aaron does not have superstars all around him, and Cooper does not need them either. Dak has had success when the O-line was one of the best and our receivers were loaded.

So, the question becomes: Can Dak stay in the pocket and hit the open receiver. Can he lead the receiver? Rush throws the ball where the receiver is going to be, he is precise on the route. Dak is not. Secondly, can he not force the ball and commit turnovers?

Sure, Dak is the more talented QB, but it may be that Rush's game management and lack of mistakes is really what the Cowboys need. We shall see.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Great game coming off the bye week!
After 27 years, did you expect anything else?

I will be honest, I thought this team was going to be different, but realize they are no better with Prescott than they are with Rush. The team actually looked better under Rush. They are an extremely undisciplined team, and have been for years, and those kinds of teams do not win games in January.
Secondly, a contending team does not lose these kinds of games period. The Cowboys are too inconsistent as they can put together a great game here and there, but cannot string them together.

It will be 28 years without a divisional playoff win.

Maher may end up as one of the greatest in my book. I don't know too many that would hit 2 60 yarders in a row, and follow it with another 50. I believe he is 13-17 in his career from 50 plus with the Cowboys.

He has only played 3-4 real seasons in the NFL, so he still has a long way to go. The question is if he can have the longevity like a Venatari to put up the numbers to be ranked one of the best?

Ah, I was wondering when the bonehead Dak interception would come. He seems to throw at least one each game this season.
Dak looks so good for most of the game but then he just throws a few terrible passes, usually when he doesn't need to. He hasn't thrown THIS many in previous seasons. I don't know what's going on with him.

Idiotic of McCarthy or Moore, whoever made the call, to air it out on 3rd down so that Jville could preserve a timeout that last drive in regulation. Just idiotic!
I wouldn't have minded a high-percentage pass like a screen. When all they needed was a first down to win the game, I don't understand going for a home run.

The Cowboys are their own worst enemies. All their losses except the Iggles they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

• Angry
I wouldn't have minded a high-percentage pass like a screen. When all they needed was a first down to win the game, I don't understand going for a home run.

The Cowboys are their own worst enemies. All their losses except the Iggles they just kept shooting themselves in the foot.
Agree. Something simple, safe and high percentage forcing Jax to use their final TO. Having one in their pocket saved them. That’s coaching 101.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I still don't understand anyone is surprised by any of this. Again and Again this happens every single year, and yet the same posts that truly think that something all of a sudden is going to change.

Dak and the Cowboys lost to the Bucs, who turned out to be a lousy team. Dak lost to Green Bay, who also is a lousy team. Almost lost to a Texan team that only has won 1 game, and add Jacksonville to the list and you can easily see right through the Cowboys.

Poor coaching, lousy game management, a QB that is erratic and not consistent which makes you wonder if Rush would have been a better choice because I guarantee he would not have lost to the Packers or Jaguars.

There is a name for the Cowboys: Contenders or in the Cowboys case Pretenders and that is it. They are just like a boxer who hangs around in the top 10, and here and there beats a ranked opponent and then loses to a no name. He can never rise above that level and get the title shot because he doesn't do the things that would make him a champion. He can never bring it when the competition reaches a higher level (the playoffs) because he makes too many mistakes and doesn't have the discipline. They also have a mediocre trainer who can only do so much with them.

The Cowboys are the perfect contenders. Lack of discipline as they always make mistakes that are costly, and in the playoffs, you can't make those mistakes because the competition is much higher. Poor coaching decisions, by multiple coaches, and weaknesses that are exposed and never fixed. This will never allow you to win in the playoffs. NEVER.

Get it in your heads, there is a reason the Cowboys have not won a divisional playoff game in 27 years. That reason is still not being addressed and will never be addressed until Jerry Jones is gone. The Miners have a better chance of winning a bowl game then the Cowboys have of succeeding in the playoffs.

Houston just took KC to OT.
Doesn't change the fact that they have still only won 1 game. Did the Eagles have any problems beating the Texans in Houston? Last year, the Cowboys never beat a team with a winning record, and it showed when they committed 15 penalties and lost in their Wild Card playoff game.

You can't lose to those kinds of teams and think you are going to do well in the playoffs. Just because you beat a good team here and there, if you are not consistent, you will not win in the playoffs. Bad coaching decisions, most penalized team in the league, terrible interceptions, bad playmaking decisions, all things that are never dealt with every single year, will always bite you in the ass in the playoffs.

The change has to be from the top (Jerry Jones stepping aside), and hiring a really good GM, and a coach that makes his players accountable, is the only way the Cowboys will ever change these 27 years of utter failure.

Doesn't change the fact that they have still only won 1 game. Did the Eagles have any problems beating the Texans in Houston? Last year, the Cowboys never beat a team with a winning record, and it showed when they committed 15 penalties and lost in their Wild Card playoff game.

You can't lose to those kinds of teams and think you are going to do well in the playoffs. Just because you beat a good team here and there, if you are not consistent, you will not win in the playoffs. Bad coaching decisions, most penalized team in the league, terrible interceptions, bad playmaking decisions, all things that are never dealt with every single year, will always bite you in the ass in the playoffs.

The change has to be from the top (Jerry Jones stepping aside), and hiring a really good GM, and a coach that makes his players accountable, is the only way the Cowboys will ever change these 27 years of utter failure.
Well, playing the Cowboys close and then taking KC to OT in back-to-back weeks suggests that they're playing their best ball right now. The Iggles game was earlier in the season, but it's not like they blew them away; it was a 4-point game going into the 4th quarter.

The Cowboys have beaten the Bengals and Vikings and swept the Giants, so I think they're definitely better this season, but Dak looks worse. He wasn't clicking in the opener against the Bucks and, while playing well overall, he seems to make a few bonehead throws a game. The Thanksgiving game shouldn't have been as close as it was, but Dak threw two interceptions in the first half. This isn't typical "December swoon" stuff; the Cowboys won their first two December games and they were in control against the Jags. Dak threw a 2nd-half interception and then threw another in OT that cost the game. Something is just not clicking with Dak this season, and it has been like that the whole season, and I just don't know what it is. Never before this season have I just dreaded seeing Dak throwing the ball, anticipating when this game's bonehead interception will come. Despite missing 5 games, and only having played 9 games so far, he is just 2 interceptions shy of his career high.

Well, playing the Cowboys close and then taking KC to OT in back-to-back weeks suggests that they're playing their best ball right now. The Iggles game was earlier in the season, but it's not like they blew them away; it was a 4-point game going into the 4th quarter.

The Cowboys have beaten the Bengals and Vikings and swept the Giants, so I think they're definitely better this season, but Dak looks worse. He wasn't clicking in the opener against the Bucks and, while playing well overall, he seems to make a few bonehead throws a game. The Thanksgiving game shouldn't have been as close as it was, but Dak threw two interceptions in the first half. This isn't typical "December swoon" stuff; the Cowboys won their first two December games and they were in control against the Jags. Dak threw a 2nd-half interception and then threw another in OT that cost the game. Something is just not clicking with Dak this season, and it has been like that the whole season, and I just don't know what it is. Never before this season have I just dreaded seeing Dak throwing the ball, anticipating when this game's bonehead interception will come. Despite missing 5 games, and only having played 9 games so far, he is just 2 interceptions shy of his career high.
I am no Dak apologist. I, like you, think he makes boneheaded throws all too often. With that said, the interception in OT was on Noah Brown imo. Dak put that ball where only his receiver could catch the thing. Unlucky bounce straight into the hands of the safety.

The Cowboys beat the Bengals with Rush, and the Eagles game was close. Rush did what he was supposed to do and beat the teams in front of him. I doubt seriously if we would have lost to the Jaguars, the Bucs or the Packers with Rush.

The Cowboys did not lose a division game last year and only had 4 losses, so what makes them better this year? The Vikings have been exposed and are no world beaters. Rush beat them last year.

Cowboys will never win with Dak. He is paid a tremendous amount of money to make plays. The pass to Noah Brown on the 3rd down was horrible. He lacks execution as does the team. Huge amount of penalties, horrible coaching and decision making and you have the same team every single year that fails when it really counts.

Again, they will never win with Dak, Jerry Jones, and McCarthy. Until Jerry steps away and a real GM comes in, and hires a coach that holds his team accountable and can actually coach, it will go on and on.

The Cowboys beat the Bengals with Rush, and the Eagles game was close. Rush did what he was supposed to do and beat the teams in front of him. I doubt seriously if we would have lost to the Jaguars, the Bucs or the Packers with Rush.

The Cowboys did not lose a division game last year and only had 4 losses, so what makes them better this year? The Vikings have been exposed and are no world beaters. Rush beat them last year.

Cowboys will never win with Dak. He is paid a tremendous amount of money to make plays. The pass to Noah Brown on the 3rd down was horrible. He lacks execution as does the team. Huge amount of penalties, horrible coaching and decision making and you have the same team every single year that fails when it really counts.

Again, they will never win with Dak, Jerry Jones, and McCarthy. Until Jerry steps away and a real GM comes in, and hires a coach that holds his team accountable and can actually coach, it will go on and on.
Dak's execution last season was much better. 37 TDs to 10 Ints is a great ratio. This season is 17 to 11. Something is not right with him. You might be right about Rush not losing those games, but Dak at his best is probably what it would take to beat the Iggles.

I think the Cowboys' D and running game are better this season, so they're better overall. The East is a much stronger division this season and two losses were OT losses where the Cowboys were firmly in control but let the opponent back in by shooting themselves in the foot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT