ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

The Cowboys beat the Bengals with Rush, and the Eagles game was close. Rush did what he was supposed to do and beat the teams in front of him. I doubt seriously if we would have lost to the Jaguars, the Bucs or the Packers with Rush.

The Cowboys did not lose a division game last year and only had 4 losses, so what makes them better this year? The Vikings have been exposed and are no world beaters. Rush beat them last year.

Cowboys will never win with Dak. He is paid a tremendous amount of money to make plays. The pass to Noah Brown on the 3rd down was horrible. He lacks execution as does the team. Huge amount of penalties, horrible coaching and decision making and you have the same team every single year that fails when it really counts.

Again, they will never win with Dak, Jerry Jones, and McCarthy. Until Jerry steps away and a real GM comes in, and hires a coach that holds his team accountable and can actually coach, it will go on and on.
Hell hath no fury like a Cowboy fan scorned. You keep making an argument for Rush, but in doing so you’re going against your own premise that until Jerry is gone, nothing will change. It’s a moot point.

Honestly, you sound like damn near every other long-time Cowboy fan I know, including myself. Your diatribes are the proof. Under all the contempt probably exists nearly 30 years of pent up disappointment that doesn’t know what to do with itself so it creates soul numbing narratives that pretend to distance itself from the disappointment.

I’m not knocking you. I only surmise this from personal experience. As Miner fans, we know it double.

One question answers everything. If gawd himself were to tell you the Cowboys had a legit shot this year, would you be on board? It matters not how realistic the chances are.

I am no Dak apologist. I, like you, think he makes boneheaded throws all too often. With that said, the interception in OT was on Noah Brown imo. Dak put that ball where only his receiver could catch the thing. Unlucky bounce straight into the hands of the safety.
I’m a Tampa fan but I agree. That was on Brown but then again fans don’t realize that pigskin is coming in super hot at this level. I’ve been on the sidelines at UTEP games and the ball is literally whizzing in the air like a bottle rocket at times.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Hell hath no fury like a Cowboy fan scorned. You keep making an argument for Rush, but in doing so you’re going against your own premise that until Jerry is gone, nothing will change. It’s a moot point.

Honestly, you sound like damn near every other long-time Cowboy fan I know, including myself. Your diatribes are the proof. Under all the contempt probably exists nearly 30 years of pent up disappointment that doesn’t know what to do with itself so it creates soul numbing narratives that pretend to distance itself from the disappointment.

I’m not knocking you. I only surmise this from personal experience. As Miner fans, we know it double.

One question answers everything. If gawd himself were to tell you the Cowboys had a legit shot this year, would you be on board? It matters not how realistic the chances are.
I am a Cowboys fan, but choose not be delusional. Just like the Miners, being a Rah Rah guy will get you no where but more of what we are experiencing. I have been a Cowboys fan for way too many years, so I have a right to be pissed. I have experienced the winning, the Staubach's years as well as the White's. Johnson would have won 3 more, but Jerry wanted to take all the credit and could not have him there getting it.

My argument also has reiterated that Dak is not the Cowboys answer and never was. He should not have been given all that money to not produce. Again, you are right, Jerry did it, as he gave Zeke all the money when it was proven over and over that you do not give RB's all that money.

Lastly, some on here will tell you that God does not exist, so I am not sure where you want to go with that one. And if he does, it was said the roof at Texas Stadium was opened so he could watch his team. Well, has he given up on them as he also knows they will never win with Jerry?

Do you really believe the Cowboys are going to win a Divisional Playoff game. I mean deep inside and not hoping that somehow a miracle will align everything? You have to admit, 27 years is absolutely ridiculous and has to make you mad as hell when you sit there and really think about it. Then see the same crap again this year. It really sucks to have to put up with that.

As for the pass in overtime, it should not even gotten into overtime. The horrible play call on the 3rd down and the equally terrible pass was the reason for the loss.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I guarantee all you Cowboy fans will say you are going to the SB if they beat the Eagles. It’s known I do not like the Boys, but I have a feeling they are going to make it this year. Will loose, but will be playing in it,

I’m a Tampa fan but I agree. That was on Brown but then again fans don’t realize that pigskin is coming in super hot at this level. I’ve been on the sidelines at UTEP games and the ball is literally whizzing in the air like a bottle rocket at times.
You're secretly a Cowboys fan, because you never miss any of their games.

• Haha
I'm accustomed to my teams falling short of the glory. I'm well aware of the history and temper the expectations every year. While I don't assume this team will make the NFC Championship I also don't count it out.

In any given year any of the contenders can make a run.

They don't have to have a perfect resume.

Last year Cincinnati made history and won a playoff game for the first time in 30+ years. They had some bad losses on their way to the Super Bowl.

That shows that a bad loss doesn't automatically disqualify you and playoffs droughts are meant to be broken.

Will it be this year?

I don't know, but I can't say for certain it's not going to happen.

I guarantee all you Cowboy fans will say you are going to the SB if they beat the Eagles. It’s known I do not like the Boys, but I have a feeling they are going to make it this year. Will loose, but will be playing in it,
The Cowboys were already 1.5 pt favorites over the Eagles with Hurts playing and now are almost a 6.5 pt favorite, so either way it was not going to be a surprise if they won. They were supposed to. But it still does not mean that you are going to win in the playoffs because the Cowboys can put together one really good win, but no way in the world can they put together 3 with all of their issues. Playoffs are a whole different animal.

The dominate win over Minnesota was not a surprise either as they were favored at Minnesota. This is a trend that shows the Cowboys do have the talent to make the super bowl and win, and yet they always find a way to lose. They are a bettors dream. I have made money on and against all year because they are predictable.

Welp, I bet on these fvckers to cover my bad bet on our Miners if UAB didn't cover so I hope these fvckers win by more than 14. Otherwise I get fvcked by both our Miners and these fvcking Jerry-kill cowgirls bitches.

A lot of results going the boy's way. The division and the #1 seed are still in play.

If they had taken care of their own business and won the games they were supposed to like Jacksonville and Green Bay, they wouldn't have to worry about everyone else.

Next week The Giants are going to rest everyone as they are locked in the 6th seed. Doubt they beat the Eagles with their all their backups playing.

That's true but at the same time, the last four SB champions have had at least four or five losses. The champion hasn't been perfect or had the best team during the regular season.

When you haven't won a road playoff game since Troy Aikman, it is pretty apparent the Cowboys situation is a little different.
Washington has been eliminated, and have nothing to play for but to be a spoiler, and if I was the Giants and locked in that spot, I would rest everyone.

If somehow the Giants backups win, I highly doubt the Niners will drop a home game against the Cardinals and not get the 1 seed. This will still make the Cowboys travel if they somehow get their first divisional playoff win in 27 years.

When you haven't won a road playoff game since Troy Aikman, it is pretty apparent the Cowboys situation is a little different.
Washington has been eliminated, and have nothing to play for but to be a spoiler, and if I was the Giants and locked in that spot, I would rest everyone.

If somehow the Giants backups win, I highly doubt the Niners will drop a home game against the Cardinals and not get the 1 seed. This will still make the Cowboys travel if they somehow get their first divisional playoff win in 27 years.
9ers are the team that scare me. I think the Cowboys can beat all the other teams if they play well, but I know that's a BIG IF!

The only thing Dallas has going for it is that it is a wild card game. They are winless in their last 11 divisional playoff games.

If they play the way they have played over the last 2 weeks, they will not get to the divisional round.

The only thing Dallas has going for it is that it is a wild card game. They are winless in their last 11 divisional playoff games.

If they play the way they have played over the last 2 weeks, they will not get to the divisional round.
Two weeks? Try the last month plus. Should have lost to the Texans. Lost to Jacksonville. Had trouble with Tennessee even though they were resting their starters and starting a QB who was with the team for a week prior. Washington spoke for itself. Granted, they did beat Philly, but made Minshew look like Brady in the process.

On paper, they should beat Tampa. It's not the same team from Week 1. But I'm fully prepared for the early exit.

Reactions: Rocketsr
The boys finished the last part of the season 3-1 vs playoff teams and it really should have been 4-0.

The boys finished the last part of the season 3-1 vs playoff teams and it really should have been 4-0.
Yes, the Cowboys are great contenders during the regular season. We have seen that over and over. But we have not seen it when it comes to proving your greatness when it really counts. You don't all of a sudden stop throwing interceptions, committing dumb penalties, bonehead coaching decisions and head scratching play calling.

Their record means nothing like STexMiner says, Eagles had a backup QB, the Titans had almost all backups, Washington a QB that had not played before, so it is their performance in those games that is really concerning. Those are games you should easily win and dominate, and yet they underperformed in every single one of them.

Yes, the Cowboys are great contenders during the regular season. We have seen that over and over. But we have not seen it when it comes to proving your greatness when it really counts. You don't all of a sudden stop throwing interceptions, committing dumb penalties, bonehead coaching decisions and head scratching play calling.

Their record means nothing like STexMiner says, Eagles had a backup QB, the Titans had almost all backups, Washington a QB that had not played before, so it is their performance in those games that is really concerning. Those are games you should easily win and dominate, and yet they underperformed in every single one of them.
Sounds like the same problems the #1 seed Philly had. Lost to Washington, escaped by Indy, had a good performance against the Giants but then struggled with the bears, lost to the cowboys, lost to the saints, and didn't dominate a giants team that had nothing to play for.

Sounds like the same problems the #1 seed Philly had. Lost to Washington, escaped by Indy, had a good performance against the Giants but then struggled with the bears, lost to the cowboys, lost to the saints, and didn't dominate a giants team that had nothing to play for.
You are missing the point. They lost with a backup QB in 2 of the those games, and rushed a beaten up Jalen Hurts who was limited and was not at even 50% to easily beat the Giants as that game was never in question until the very end.

Secondly, they found a way to win those games, when the Cowboys found a way to lose them. Green Bay, Jacksonville to name 2 of them.

And the last point that was being made is that we played horribly bad against teams with total backups like the Titans and Commanders. The Eagles, who I hate by the way, had totally different scenarios than the Cowboys. We were at full strength.

The bottom line is that the Eagles did what they had to all year, and only choked once, at home to the Commanders. That is their only real loss this year when Hurts was playing. If the Cowboys had taken care of business in games they were supposed to win they would have home field. That is the difference from a great team and a good one.

Can all this be fixed in the Divisional Playoff? Dallas vs Philly, sure. But what confidence do you really have that the Cowboys are going to beat Tampa then go into Philly with a healthy Jalen Hurts and beat them? Then again, every year Cowboy fans don't see the same things over and over during the regular season that prevent them from winning in the Playoffs. This is why it is going on 27 years, and no one seems to see that.

Reactions: JCorona
You are missing the point. They lost with a backup QB in 2 of the those games, and rushed a beaten up Jalen Hurts who was limited and was not at even 50% to easily beat the Giants as that game was never in question until the very end.

Secondly, they found a way to win those games, when the Cowboys found a way to lose them. Green Bay, Jacksonville to name 2 of them.

And the last point that was being made is that we played horribly bad against teams with total backups like the Titans and Commanders. The Eagles, who I hate by the way, had totally different scenarios than the Cowboys. We were at full strength.

The bottom line is that the Eagles did what they had to all year, and only choked once, at home to the Commanders. That is their only real loss this year when Hurts was playing. If the Cowboys had taken care of business in games they were supposed to win they would have home field. That is the difference from a great team and a good one.

Can all this be fixed in the Divisional Playoff? Dallas vs Philly, sure. But what confidence do you really have that the Cowboys are going to beat Tampa then go into Philly with a healthy Jalen Hurts and beat them? Then again, every year Cowboy fans don't see the same things over and over during the regular season that prevent them from winning in the Playoffs. This is why it is going on 27 years, and no one seems to see that.
You make good points. And I agree with almost all of them. However, I do think fans see what you're pointing out. There is still a game that has to be played, and regardless of how inept the Cowboys have been in the playoffs since 1995, this is a new year and they have a chance. THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME, as the common phrase goes.

Whether I think they will win or whether I think they won't win, the HOPE is there that they do. Nothing naive or blind in that. Pure fandom at it's core.

You make good points. And I agree with almost all of them. However, I do think fans see what you're pointing out. There is still a game that has to be played, and regardless of how inept the Cowboys have been in the playoffs since 1995, this is a new year and they have a chance. THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME, as the common phrase goes.

Whether I think they will win or whether I think they won't win, the HOPE is there that they do. Nothing naive or blind in that. Pure fandom at it's core.
You put it perfectly with an earlier post, as I was very much the perfect fan, until the utter disappointment crushed me one too many times. It made me start looking at the reasons on why they cannot win in the playoffs, and I came up with the same things over and over every single year.

Jerry Jones failure as a GM, and President. Terrible decisions. You need a real GM.

Jerry Jones insisting on having a puppet coach, and that coach not holding his team accountable. Just like Golding not holding his players accountable for miss after miss at the free throw line.

This ties into the earlier, penalties, leading the league.

Terrible coaching, due to again the above, where we can't hire a real tough nosed coach because he will not be a puppet, and this leads to dumb decisions during the game.

Bad play calling at key times, and the QB, whether it be Romo or Prescott making a key mistake which you can't make in the playoffs.

This team is a carbon copy of all the earlier teams. I do not believe you can overcome this in the playoffs. I always hope, just like you, but I just don't believe it, and my proof is 27 straight years of the above.

Rumors around here are that Sean Payton is the next coach following the likely failure this year. He lives here and apparently has a relationship with Jerry.

Pollard would explode in production under Payton
"Zeke is on the books in 2022 for $18 million. There is no realistic way to say goodbye to that … until spring 2023, at which time Dallas could (pre-June 1) absorb a $6 million dead-money hit or (post-June 1) walk away with no financial penalty.

Book this: Zeke Will not be playing for this team under this existing contract in the 2023 season."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ollard#gid=ci0298188000002790&pid=zeke-dre-sf

"In compiling a list of "crazy" predictions for the upcoming offseason, CBS Sports believes that Pollard, the Dallas Cowboys' dual-threat running back talent, will earn a big payday by the spring ... and it probably won't be Dallas writing the check"

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...iel-elliott-sign-david-montgomery-bears-rumor

I'll take $25 Payton to the Broncos, please.

"Zeke is on the books in 2022 for $18 million. There is no realistic way to say goodbye to that … until spring 2023, at which time Dallas could (pre-June 1) absorb a $6 million dead-money hit or (post-June 1) walk away with no financial penalty.

Book this: Zeke Will not be playing for this team under this existing contract in the 2023 season."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ollard#gid=ci0298188000002790&pid=zeke-dre-sf

"In compiling a list of "crazy" predictions for the upcoming offseason, CBS Sports believes that Pollard, the Dallas Cowboys' dual-threat running back talent, will earn a big payday by the spring ... and it probably won't be Dallas writing the check"

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...iel-elliott-sign-david-montgomery-bears-rumor

I'll take $25 Payton to the Broncos, please.

I would be really surprised if Payton went to the Broncos

I'm trying to figure out the most Cowboy way the season ends. I think I've landed on they crush the Bucs. Dak goes 350-4-0, Zeke and Pollard go over 100 yards each, the D gets 6 sacks and 4 turnovers. Then we get a week of "They finally figured it out...Washington refocused them...They're definitely headed to the Super Bowl." Get everyone back on the bandwagon. Then they go to Philly and lose 45-9.

However, I'm not ruling out being up by 2 Monday, committing a PI in the end zone on the Hail Mary leading to the game winning FG.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT