ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gilliyard

Trey Wade has been tearing it up at Witchita St also. He would have been perfect at the 3 spot this year.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I kind of like Zarzuela better. He ended up at Navarro so that tells us he’s better than Gilyard.

Wish someone would ask Terry... Point Blank..."Why did you tell Gilyard and Wade you didn't want them to stay?" Both of them would be and should be starting RIGHT NOW! WHAT A SCREW UP!

Don't remember Terry having anything to do with wade. He was gone already.

Gilyard, on the other hand, is something I can't let go. I questioned Terry's decision making when he ran him off, and now I'm really having a hard time forgiving this one.

We needed a point guard. We had a proven pg, but I guess he wasn't tall enough. . or something....

Gilyard, on the other hand, is something I can't let go. I questioned Terry's decision making when he ran him off, and now I'm really having a hard time forgiving this one.

We needed a point guard. We had a proven pg, but I guess he wasn't tall enough. . or something....
Gilyard is not a PG. That was discussed at length the past 2 year. He is a scorer and pesky defender though. He could have definitely contributed on this year's team.

I thought he was the best player on the team during Floyd’s last year and during the 1st half of Terry’s first year.

To be fair, we don’t know for sure that Gilyard wasn’t willing to do or change certain things heading into this year. It would be truly mind boggling if Terry just didn’t re-new his scholly so he could bring in his own players.

Reactions: Autograph Boy

I personally contacted Trey who told me that Terry basically gave him no incentive to stay and Trey because he felt unwanted chose to move on. This was for last season 2018/19. Said he would have stayed if asked.

Gilyard is not a PG. That was discussed at length the past 2 year. He is a scorer and pesky defender though. He could have definitely contributed on this year's team.
In my opinion, Lathon is not a true PG either. He is a combo guard who can't shoot. Although Gilyard is small, he has a real knack for scoring. That particular attribute is really missing right now from our offense. Right now, the loss of Gilyard sure isn't looking very good. Wade would have been a contributor on this team as well, as has been mentioned.

I personally contacted Trey who told me that Terry basically gave him no incentive to stay and Trey because he felt unwanted chose to move on. This was for last season 2018/19. Said he would have stayed if asked.

Wow...if true then I don't know what to say about that either. Other than Hunter, he was Floyd's best recruit. Kid was smooth af on offense, and super poised for a Fr.

Terry should have made every attempt to keep that kid...

Wow...if true then I don't know what to say about that either. Other than Hunter, he was Floyd's best recruit. Kid was smooth af on offense, and super poised for a Fr.

Terry should have made every attempt to keep that kid...
Absolutely. I went crazy that Floyd used him so sparingly, just like Terry is doing now with Stroud and Tarke.
Trey actually said Terry told him he could stay if he wanted, but it was clear to him that Terry had plans that didn't include him.
I repeat; he would have been an absolute stud in this lineup.
So sad.

And we have a true PG right now?
I dont think so. I thought McGee was more of a point guard than Gilyard.

Anyway, right now, based on game play, Hawkins looks to deserve more time. Unfortunately neither did anything yesterday. One of these guys needs to pick it up or I guess we have to hope McGriff is the answer.

I dont think so. I thought McGee was more of a point guard than Gilyard.

Anyway, right now, based on game play, Hawkins looks to deserve more time. Unfortunately neither did anything yesterday. One of these guys needs to pick it up or I guess we have to hope McGriff is the answer.
If we’re already talking about next year, then maybe the Xavier transfer is the answer.

I am not overly impressed with our two new players coming in next season... not talking about the transfer.... they look slow....

Reactions: axingfools1
New Mexico State desperately needed Gilyard to play now. That teams offensive ineptitude was second only to UTEP. Gilyard is burning this year of eligibility to come off the bench. That seems pretty unselfish to me. If Terry ran him off which it appears he did based on the waiver... expectations should rise to what they should have been with Gilyard. A true dark horse contender to win C-USA with the influx of talent and top player in the league. .

Reactions: FixMyCrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT