ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Much New Mexico Bowl Bound!

Im fine with that after seeing the other matchups we'd have. Here's my percentage of winning vs potential teams in our Bowl game.

Wyoming 50%
Nevada 35 %
Utah St. 30 %
Fresno St./Army 20%

Georgia -3,000,000% just threw this one in there for fun lol
Wyoming 20%
Nevada 10%
Utah St 5%
Fresno/Army 2%

I expect UTEP to be humiliated in any bowl game against any decent team.

Imo that game is the perfect measuring stick. I understand getting blown out in their home opener. The mystic of Boise and all that. Now we've seen they're not unbeatable. I think we would learn a lot about the future and direction of Dimel football in a rematch.

Wyoming 20%
Nevada 10%
Utah St 5%
Fresno/Army 2%

UTEP's 3 steps against our bowl opponent:

A)Clean up the penalties.
B)Play special teams like a FBS team instead of Texas 1-A high school team.
C)Expect to win.

They do that and UTEP has a good chance against any of them.

So anytime UTEP is Bowl eligible its always going to be the New Mexico Bowl??It's like the New Mexico Bowl was made just for Utep

Why didn't CUSA get a deal with the Arizona Bowl??

Reactions: shyminer81
So anytime UTEP is Bowl eligible its always going to be the New Mexico Bowl??It's like the New Mexico Bowl was made just for Utep

Why didn't CUSA get a deal with the Arizona Bowl??
If we go to the NM Bowl this year and make a bowl next year it most likely wont be the NM Bowl. CUSA used to have a tie in with the Arizona bowl but since we were never bowl eligible they probably both agreed to drop the tie in.

I really doubt they will stick Army in the NM Bowl to face UTEP.
That's not what I said lol It was based on the bowl projections that have them facing them in the First Responder bowl. I already said earlier that a lot of predictions had UTEP playing in DFW area. My prediction is still that it'll be in New Mexico Bowl vs Nevada or Wyoming

In BSU's 5 loss season every one of their losses we to Bowl/ranked teams and by close margins. Their 5 loss season in no way compares to ours. They lost to UCF, Air Force, SDSU, Oklahoma State (by 1 point) and Nevada. This would be a poor match up IMO and I would rather wait to see next years game as true test of our improvement. I think for us to advance our program we need a bowl win and than means a equal match up.

Wyoming 20%
Nevada 10%
Utah St 5%
Fresno/Army 2%

Depends if they field punts or kickoffs. If they don't put anyone back on punts and let kickoffs go into the end zone they'll have a shot lol

In BSU's 5 loss season every one of their losses we to Bowl/ranked teams and by close margins. Their 5 loss season in no way compares to ours. They lost to UCF, Air Force, SDSU, Oklahoma State (by 1 point) and Nevada. This would be a poor match up IMO and I would rather wait to see next years game as true test of our improvement. I think for us to advance our program we need a bowl win and than means a equal match up.
Agree

The majority have spoken again. Lets make it as easy as possible to get our participation trophy. It's going to be embarrassing if we are beat by a 6-6 Wyoming team.

You all are nuts if you want a rematch with Boise State. That game will be over halfway through the 1st quarter. 🤪
Maybe Senter and everyone else will realize we might not have the guy to be a good team.

You all are nuts if you want a rematch with Boise State. That game will be over halfway through the 1st quarter. 🤪
I don't think it would be like the 1st game at all. A. Boise St. Plays way better at home B. It was early in the season. I think UTEP would lose however to Boise St. mainly due to the fact that our special teams is a disaster and we still make bonehead plays. I'd say the score would be something like this. Boise St. 38 UTEP 24 For the record I don't want that rematch until next year in the Sun Bowl!

I remember people being upset at Dimel cuz we hadn't beat anyone good and now they don't want to play someone good.

If we thought we stood a chance, bring them on. This team has proven that it will get destroyed by a good team. Why put them and us through that especially by a team that already embarrassed us a mere two months ago?

I remember people being upset at Dimel cuz we hadn't beat anyone good and now they don't want to play someone good.
We weren’t upset that he hadn’t beat anyone good, we were aware they had only beat bad teams and weren’t really good. Two very different things.

I really don’t care who we play, as long as it’s not Boise and that’s only because we already played them and are playing next year. I am pretty positive it won’t happen for those reasons.

Wyoming is eh I'll take the win in a bowl game over them, however technically if we beat them it wouldn't be against a winning team. Therefore best bet is we face Nevada, Boise or Utah St or off chance Fresno in Frisco Bowl. All of those would be tough games. The top 6 of MWC is really good, so we're gonna have to try and beat one of em or beat a Wyoming team that's probably even with us.

If we thought we stood a chance, bring them on. This team has proven that it will get destroyed by a good team. Why put them and us through that especially by a team that already embarrassed us a mere two months ago?
Is there really any team we stand chance against? Maybe Wyoming but even then it's not a guaranteed win or easy game.

Is there really any team we stand chance against? Maybe Wyoming but even then it's not a guaranteed win or easy game.

I don't see us winning a bowl game no matter how shitty the bowl or the opponent. Dismel simply cannot prepare the team well enough to beat anyone half decent. Discipline has been our achilles heel since day one with Dismel. Stupid penalty after bonehead mistake after stupid penalty. Rinse and repeat.

The entire point of bowl games is to have good teams play each other. There’s no reason to believe there would be any different result if we play Boise again this year. It’s not like the UNT game last year where we didn’t have Gavin or our starting DBs; they demolished us at full/near full health. This UTEP team has only somewhat improved this offense, and even then we’ve seen what happens when UTEP plays winning teams over the past five games. Maybe it’s a 20 point game instead of a 40 point game.

Personally I would love to see us play Army, specifically to see the match up between our DLine and their run game. I’m all for playing good teams, but there’s no point to play them twice in a season unless it’s an actual championship.

I don't see us winning a bowl game no matter how shitty the bowl or the opponent. Dismel simply cannot prepare the team well enough to beat anyone half decent. Discipline has been our achilles heel since day one with Dismel. Stupid penalty after bonehead mistake after stupid penalty. Rinse and repeat.
I can't disagree completely, but I'd love for you to eat some crow!

Reactions: TxRdKiller
The entire point of bowl games is to have good teams play each other. There’s no reason to believe there would be any different result if we play Boise again this year. It’s not like the UNT game last year where we didn’t have Gavin or our starting DBs; they demolished us at full/near full health. This UTEP team has only somewhat improved this offense, and even then we’ve seen what happens when UTEP plays winning teams over the past five games. Maybe it’s a 20 point game instead of a 40 point game.

Personally I would love to see us play Army, specifically to see the match up between our DLine and their run game. I’m all for playing good teams, but there’s no point to play them twice in a season unless it’s an actual championship.
Lol and I get shit for wanting to play Boise. Army would also be a 20 to 40 point loss.

The battle of the bedside shitter 💩
Z9uvaPq.jpg
Well, it's a fancy one with turquoise. Fit for kings.

I actually don't think that would happen. I think we'd have a great shot to beat Wyoming, but that'd also mean beating a 6-6 team that would be 6-7 if we win, so kinda Meh about that.
A bowl win is a bowl win. However, beating 6-7 Wyoming doesn’t catapult this team into being “good” or anything other than very average.

Reactions: Rocketsr
A bowl win is a bowl win. However, beating 6-7 Wyoming doesn’t catapult this team into being “good” or anything other than very average.
That's why I'm bitter sweet on playing them. A loss really looks bad and a win is so so. However that's probably the only team we have a decent chance of beating. The others would be an uphill battle for sure!

Reactions: Rocketsr
That's why I'm bitter sweet on playing them. A loss really looks bad and a win is so so. However that's probably the only team we have a decent chance of beating. The others would be an uphill battle for sure!
Who lost last years NM Bowl? Who won it? Where was it played? Don’t look it up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT