ADVERTISEMENT

Sad Reality

kickballpro

MI Miner Maniac
Mar 24, 2006
As I watched dunk after dunk in the closing minutes, I realized the sad reality....

I don't think our effort was poor. I thought the Miners fought and the spirit was good. I wish our bench would get involved/excited like other schools do, but we always just sit there. Maybe Floyd doesn't allow it.

But the sad reality was that they had better players who were more athletic and had more skilled. We cannot beat this team with our current players.

They had a college basketball offense. They worked us over and over. We run.....what ever we run. Despite size advantages we cannot score in the paint and settle for clear outs, pick and rolls, and contested jumpers. Their tallest player is 6'8. They have only 3 seniors. The 30 second shot clock definitely hurt us more then them because we seemingly don't run any type of half court offense.

They were sound on defense. We looked lost on many occasions on defense.

This was not about a flat team, an uninspired team, a team that doesn't care. This was about a Murray State team who was more athletic and better coached. Our current roster is not good enough to compete in C-USA or OVC. And I don't see anyone coming in that could make us as good as Murray State.

Hasn't UTEP had top 50 recruiting classes the past few years? Whats the deal, Murray St made UTEP look like they were playing Kentucky down the stretch.

I agree...they had a good point guard (that could shoot) making some nice passes, smaller guys than us but physically stronger, and our bigs looked a step slower out there. And you are right about their offense running circles around our d. Maybe next year
smokin.r191677.gif

All excellent observations of this game. In my opinion, it takes discipline to win the $$$ games, and UTEP lacks discipline. If the head coach isn't disciplined, don't expect the team to be disciplined. This was a game of street basketball against an opponent that had discipline throughout the contest. Murray State will run into a disciplined team in Tulsa, and will have difficulty imposing their will on that team.

Originally posted by shyminer81:
Hasn't UTEP had top 50 recruiting classes the past few years? Whats the deal, Murray St made UTEP look like they were playing Kentucky down the stretch.
Not really the recruits never make it here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT