ADVERTISEMENT

Sellout The Sun Bowl vs LaTech!

If and it's a big if, we have a huge crowd and they help us beat LT, are y'all ready for the Dimel extension?

Senter has been patiently waiting for next week for a long time.
Maybe he gets 1 year, but it’s not like Arizona is going to come calling for him.

UTEP’s marketing department needs to do a full media blitz and hit all radio and tv stations English and Spanish in EP along with all social media platforms to get people to go to the Sun Bowl. Offer $1 hotdogs or $2 beer to get butts in the stadium. We’re playing LaTech for bowl eligibility and they have been one of the top dogs in CUSA. Let’s get 30K+ fans and make the Sun Bowl rock!

UTEP’s marketing department needs to do a full media blitz and hit all radio and tv stations English and Spanish in EP along with all social media platforms to get people to go to the Sun Bowl. Offer $1 hotdogs or $2 beer to get butts in the stadium. We’re playing LaTech for bowl eligibility and they have been one of the top dogs in CUSA. Let’s get 30K+ fans and make the Sun Bowl rock!
There have to be some electronic billboards in high traffic areas that UTEP can pay to flash highlights and specials on. C'mon UTEP, make the effort.

There will be no $1 hotdogs or $2 beers. Senter values profit over everything else.

UNLV once did a promotion where every single ticket was $10 and all parking fees waived. Their stadium was full. Let’s get creative here and incentive the good folks of the 915 to fill it up. El Pasoans always say they will come when the team is good. I don’t think we’ve ever been 5-1 to start so let’s prove it and fill it up

UNLV once did a promotion where every single ticket was $10 and all parking fees waived. Their stadium was full. Let’s get creative here and incentive the good folks of the 915 to fill it up. El Pasoans always say they will come when the team is good. I don’t think we’ve ever been 5-1 to start so let’s prove it and fill it up
UTEP should do everything in their power to get a big crowd for this game. They are on the verge of bowl eligibility and that crowd needs to be there to help push the Miners over the finish line.

I agree, we actually need the “advantage” that home field can provide. The only way for it to be advantageous is if we have a crowd. Senter should swallow this one and make the objective to fill the stadium, even if not the most profitable avenue.

Now UNLV is running a promotion that for $10 you can park at the Luxor.

Cheapest tickets for UNLV vs an FCS team is $33. If you wanted to watch them play Iowa St the Cheapest ticket was $121, yes for one ticket. To watch them play Hawaii, $55.

Times have changed.

While agree that we should have a promotion the sad reality is that's still not going to move the needle. The people that want to go will go if tickets cost $10 or $12 or $14.

I dont blame Senter for trying to maximize revenues from the people that do go, cuz there's alot of NoWins in El Paso and even if we're 5-1 and have $5 tickets they still won't go.

I agree, we actually need the “advantage” that home field can provide. The only way for it to be advantageous is if we have a crowd. Senter should swallow this one and make the objective to fill the stadium, even if not the most profitable avenue.
Remember when Texas Tech came to the Sun Bowl in 2006? Ended up going to OT and the tech players said afterwards the stadium was extremely loud, intimidating, and affected them. Make no mistake, the Sun Bowl can be a weapon

Now UNLV is running a promotion that for $10 you can park at the Luxor.

Cheapest tickets for UNLV vs an FCS team is $33. If you wanted to watch them play Iowa St the Cheapest ticket was $121, yes for one ticket. To watch them play Hawaii, $55.

Times have changed.

While agree that we should have a promotion the sad reality is that's still not going to move the needle. The people that want to go will go if tickets cost $10 or $12 or $14.

I dont blame Senter for trying to maximize revenues from the people that do go, cuz there's alot of NoWins in El Paso and even if we're 5-1 and have $5 tickets they still won't go.

UNLV plays in a brand new domed stadium. UTEP plays in an ancient open air stadium. Kind of a difference there.

Reactions: kickballpro
Always justify why we're not charging $5 tickets like if we were still in the 60's but without the inflation.

Point is UNLV sucks probably worse
than us historically.

"UTEP has a big desire for big-time football, but a diddly pocketbook"

Stop making excuses and support your university.

Remember when Texas Tech came to the Sun Bowl in 2006? Ended up going to OT and the tech players said afterwards the stadium was extremely loud, intimidating, and affected them. Make no mistake, the Sun Bowl can be a weapon
Absolutely. I’d like for it to be next weekend. I’d say, do what’s necessary to bring people in next week, because Senter can always revert back to his general plan afterwards.

No promotion is good enough. The only way people will show up on Saturday is if UTEP gave the tickets away. People would still complain about parking and concession prices.

No promotion is good enough. The only way people will show up on Saturday is if UTEP gave the tickets away. People would still complain about parking and concession prices.
An attempt should at least be made. We are 5-1. That’s rare air for us. Invite, entice and welcome all bandwagon fans with open arms.

See what happens from there.

Always justify why we're not charging $5 tickets like if we were still in the 60's but without the inflation.

Point is UNLV sucks probably worse
than us historically.

"UTEP has a big desire for big-time football, but a diddly pocketbook"

Stop making excuses and support your university.
I have plenty of times in the past. I would just rather watch the games on my TV, with better food, bathrooms, and no traffic.

An attempt should at least be made. We are 5-1. That’s rare air for us. Invite, entice and welcome all bandwagon fans with open arms.

See what happens from there.
Exactly. And they had 2 weeks to prepare for this home game. Should have been promoting last week. As I brought up already, no mention of the LaTech game after the last home game.

It takes 1 minute to send out a tweet about it and they don’t even do that.

That’s why they can charge more than UTEP. Not to mention, Las Vegas is a wealthier city.
They probably have to pay a bigger cut to Allegiant, too, for the privilege. They still have Sam Boyd (it's not torn down); they're just not allowed to use it. They signed a contract.

I wonder how much of the box office UNLV is allowed to keep. That probably has something to do with the ticket prices.

I remember gladly paying $35 for a GA ticket to that game back in 06. Which is the equivalent to about $48 today. People are complaining about a $2 hike. Please. It's all excuses.

Reactions: Rot and MinerFan79
They probably have to pay a bigger cut to Allegiant, too, for the privilege. They still have Sam Boyd (it's not torn down); they're just not allowed to use it. They signed a contract.

I wonder how much of the box office UNLV is allowed to keep. That probably has something to do with the ticket prices.
Right, but again justified to pay more for UNLV when compared to a UTEP game at the Sun Bowl.

Nothing justifies paying $121 to a winless team that lost an FCS opponent.

Exactly. And they had 2 weeks to prepare for this home game. Should have been promoting last week. As I brought up already, no mention of the LaTech game after the last home game.

It takes 1 minute to send out a tweet about it and they don’t even do that.
Yeah, would have been nice to get a two week head start, but they needed the win last night first.

Just throw out a massive promotional campaign this week. Put it everywhere people read, look, are. Flood the area with advertising. Online paper, newspaper, billboards, radio, stores, etc.

Yeah, would have been nice to get a two week head start, but they needed the win last night first.

Just throw out a massive promotional campaign this week. Put it everywhere people read, look, are. Flood the area with advertising. Online paper, newspaper, billboards, radio, stores, etc.
I'm sure you know advertising isn't free. It's either one or the other. Cheap tickets or mass advertising. I'm not sure UTEP could afford both or either.

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT