I can see Eric taking over the football program
and Coach Floyd winning this season. I know some
are tired of waiting but I still believe that Coach Floyd
will turn the corner.
I am not familiar with either AD so I am not going
to guess.

GO Miners...

Reactions: mikesarabia
Right now Price is an Offense-Research (whatever that means) for the Jaguars.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/coaches...493c-b45d-6a3bc727c35d?qwr=fullsite_temporary

This is what he has done since leaving El Paso.

Personally I would prefer someone who already has head coaching experience at the FBS level or the very least a successful FCS program. I'm not really in the mood for another five-year experiment. It could probably work if he is given money to hire a good DC.

Overall so unoriginal, all the candidates.

Why do all the dumbf*cks have all the money?! These people can't think outside of the box!

tumblr_m4pvx5053H1qm3qu2o2_400.gif

Last edited:
Camoos for AD I support, she's been Amazing at Grand Canyon St. I believe. Eric Price would bring fun offense, but no Texas ties or head coaching experience. Bo Pelini would be my choice.

Reactions: shyminer81
And in 5 years after Eric Price compiles a 10-50 record and is fired, he will be replaced by Brian Natkin, gotta stay in the UTEP family. Natkin will go 4-34 and be replaced by Bob Connelly who was OC at the end of Price's tenure and so on and so forth. Never bringing someone from the scary outside world. We can't hire someone from far-away! What if they don't H&H Carwash?

Eric Price was a good OC when at UTEP. Everything went downhill for Mike after he left.

I would support Eric as the head coach. Some folks don't like it but regardless of his current position I think he deserves a shot.

Sonny Cumbie
Joey McGuire
Sonny Dykes
Doug Meachum
Jake Spivitol
Graham Harrell
Kevin Sumlin

And in 5 years after Eric Price compiles a 10-50 record and is fired, he will be replaced by Brian Natkin, gotta stay in the UTEP family. Natkin will go 4-34 and be replaced by Bob Connelly who was OC at the end of Price's tenure and so on and so forth. Never bringing someone from the scary outside world. We can't hire someone from far-away! What if they don't H&H Carwash?

Watch it be Andre Patterson.

I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Camoos for AD I support, she's been Amazing at Grand Canyon St. I believe. Eric Price would bring fun offense, but no Texas ties or head coaching experience. Bo Pelini would be my choice.
She is not at GC. She is at Northern Arizona.

If he's the best candidate fine. I'll go with it. If it's a bunch of dopey old boosters getting wooed by Mike Price so he can have his family together in EP then I'm gonna be pissed.
UTEP likes the fact that he will be a cheap hire, easy to get. I hope this doesn't happen. We have already seen what the cheap and easy hire leads to.

GRAHAM HARRELL. A young offensive minded coach and former player. Knows Texas football. Would get a ton of support from the other side of Texas in terms of recruiting from the high school level. We need to put everything into an offense. Texas Tech proves you can have winning seasons with a sub par defense but an offense that can put up 35 plus a game.

Eric Price and the Prices could find players quickly to fit their scheme and would more then likely go after Juco and transfer players.What they can do recruiting at the high school level I do not know., Hey maybe just bring back the old staff that went to the Houston Bowl!???? lmao every last coach. That was the best put together team in probably Miner football history, but was composed of all transfers, jucos, and Nord players.

GRAHAM HARRELL. A young offensive minded coach and former player. Knows Texas football. Would get a ton of support from the other side of Texas in terms of recruiting from the high school level. We need to put everything into an offense. Texas Tech proves you can have winning seasons with a sub par defense but an offense that can put up 35 plus a game.

Eric Price and the Prices could find players quickly to fit their scheme and would more then likely go after Juco and transfer players.What they can do recruiting at the high school level I do not know., Hey maybe just bring back the old staff that went to the Houston Bowl!???? lmao every last coach. That was the best put together team in probably Miner football history, but was composed of all transfers, jucos, and Nord players.

Tech is actually playing decent defense so far this year. Gibbs their DC is a good coach, and they have their LB Allen back. But we'll see how they fare in B12 play next...

Reactions: Get2Paydirt
Tech is actually playing decent defense so far this year. Gibbs their DC is a good coach, and they have their LB Allen back. But we'll see how they fare in B12 play next...

Harrell is at North Texas and look how much improved they are! He will be coaching at a P5 school soon and obtaining him probably would not even be a guarantee. This city and school needs to take a chance on a young mind!

Floyd is set to win this year? Did they determine that before or after we got dismantled by a Canadian D- league (twice)?

And yeah, I know... we were utilizing our new recruits, working on plays, and blah blah blah. I'd still bet my last $100 that any D1 team in the top half rankings would smoke that same Canadian school, regardless of the strategy they were implementing. Plus, we were giving HEAVY minutes to our experienced players, regardless of what Floyd tried to say.

Expect similar results as last year. We'll get handled by many teams in our OOC schedule, then look like a team that's "turned the corner" once we start playing our soft conference foes...

Unihorn, I love you man, you're the GIF king of the board, but I really, really, really, really, really hope your info is wrong with the exception of Floyd finally winning this year, with all due respect UNI!!!

I would probably stop following UTEP sports and totally withdraw my financial support if Chris Park is the new AD and he hires Eric Price, and I came out the womb throwing picks up and chanting amen...

Unihorn, I love you man, you're the GIF king of the board, but I really, really, really, really, really hope your info is wrong with the exception of Floyd finally winning this year, with all due respect UNI!!!

I would probably stop following UTEP sports and totally withdraw my financial support if Chris Park is the new AD and he hires Eric Price, and I came out the womb throwing picks up and chanting amen...

Right on Roy! UTEP needs to branch out of the family. I get it that legacy hires are done because they know the school, area and challenges but that is honestly a sorry excuse to do their due diligence for the future of the program(s). There are so many more, better qualified, candidates than those on UNIs depressing list *Gawd I hope they were trying to distract him* that I feell would do well here. *sigh*

GRAHAM HARRELL..

That would make some sense despite that Tech can kiss my nalgas . Remember, we got to hire local. Don't start gettin' to big for your britches there kiddo.:D

CTF set to win? 15 to 18 game? I can live with that.

I know for a fact there are major money boosters who read this forum but do not or have stopped posting on here and that is fine. What concerns me is what a family of four who are within the median wager earner salary who treasure their UTEP season tickets like a hobo treasures a ham sandwich as compared to someone who has a personal golf cart garage next to their four to five car garage and just looks at the tickets as a give away to their secretary and the spouse is a chasm getting wider and wider. I really hit me like a ton of bricks when it got ugly during last years basketball meltdown before UTEP went on a winning streak. Stull made it painfully obvious what he et al think of the common El Pasoan. "That's not what the boosters say!". Really Bob? Really? That's your answer?

Last edited:
Reactions: develman
What bugs me about this whole thing true or not is that people want to keep this all in the family like it's the Mafia. And if they make these hires they are essentially telling the city, alumni etc that this form of nepotism is far more important than winning.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05

Don't shoot the messenger! I was disappointed when I heard it, and argued for new blood, but it fell largely on deaf ears. I hope what I heard turns out to be wrong. I'm all for aiming higher and bringing in new blood.

The only reason I think this whole thing is bs and this ain't a knock on you Unihorn is the fact that an AD hasn't been selected. You have to assume that if Kugler is gone then the new AD will be the one to do fire him. And that new AD will hire the next coach. And for all we know, God willing that new AD might tell these idiot boosters to go pound sand. He's gonna hire who he wants.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The only reason I think this whole thing is bs and this ain't a knock on you Unihorn is the fact that an AD hasn't been selected. You have to assume that if Kugler is gone then the new AD will be the one to do fire him. And that new AD will hire the next coach. And for all we know, God willing that new AD might tell these idiot boosters to go pound sand. He's gonna hire who he wants.

I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe the AD is the middle man between what the boosters want and what gets done.

I have an idea. Let's get one of those vinyl banners and ask a Mesa Street business that is directly across from UTEP (DHC) to hang it: "INCEST KILLS. HIRE THE BEST!"

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I have an idea. Let's get one of those vinyl banners and ask a Mesa Street business that is directly across from UTEP (DHC) to hang it: "INCEST KILLS. HIRE THE BEST!"
I truly don't mind keeping Natkin in the family. He just needs more seasoning before he's ready. Maybe make him the co-/assistant OC for a time and really learn the trade from a pro and build his recruiting connections.

Don't shoot the messenger! I was disappointed when I heard it, and argued for new blood, but it fell largely on deaf ears. I hope what I heard turns out to be wrong. I'm all for aiming higher and bringing in new blood.
Nothing personal bruh, good stuff, hope its wrong too. *crosses fingers*

But this brings up a point. Whatever AD we get, I hope they don't cave to boosters. Let the AD do their job and trust the process. There's a reason they're in the position they're in.

Reactions: LaserCoog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT