ADVERTISEMENT

This weekend...

topminer

All Star
Sep 5, 2003
All in all, it's been a very good weekend for UTEP sports thus far...whether we were supposed to win our games or not. We avoided the "UTEP choke" in both men's football and basketball. Let's hope it carries over into Monday night. Who knows--we might even get accustomed to winning.

The Rice victory was particularly rewarding. It was one of those "don't let the door hit you on the way out" moments.

That would be wonderful and exceed my expectations. But then again, I never predicted a 7-win season (I was settling for 5 wins).

All in all, it's been a very good weekend for UTEP sports thus far...whether we were supposed to win our games or not. We avoided the "UTEP choke" in both men's football and basketball. Let's hope it carries over into Monday night. Who knows--we might even get accustomed to winning.

The Rice victory was particularly rewarding. It was one of those "don't let the door hit you on the way out" moments.
There was a lot of stock put into the Pacific game but the UC-Riverside will be a true test. Don’t be surprised if UCR leaves El Paso with a win.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
After all these years I still want to know Rice’s beef with UTEP? I know in basketball UTEP boosters tell new incoming coaches “don’t lose to Rice”. When Rice beat UTEP at the DHC under Terry even Terry was disgusted by their behavior “they beat us and they’re acting like they won the national championship”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT