ADVERTISEMENT

Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl

The Raisin Bran Sun would've been a cool logo painted on the 50 yd line; the Kellogg's Brand has more national recognition and appeal than John Hancock or Hyundai or Brut. Just my observation.

I like it and it's very marketable across the board. People are divided about cars but every single american knows the cereal brand.

Damn sugar in it kept me "bright eye'd and bushy tailed" in high school. It had sugar in it and I would pile on more to make the day because of my high school schedule.

Reactions: 66CHamps
Damn, I was really holding out for Lucky Charms myself.
now-i-know-why-lucky-charms-dairy-s-are-so-8422587.png

Pretty great to have a huge conglomerate like Kellogg's invest in El Paso's future. Investment in Middle School's sports programs is also included.

The multiyear partnership is marked by Tony the Tiger® being the first mascot to lend his name to a college football bowl game. What’s more, Tony is returning the Sun Bowl to its inaugural mission — helping kids play sports — something that hasn’t been a focus since the birth of the Sun Bowl.

In 1935, the first-ever Sun Bowl was played to benefit underprivileged children and to finance improvements for the El Paso High School Stadium. In 2019, the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl will align with Tony’s “Mission Tiger” initiative, raising awareness and funds for at-risk middle school sports programs through a multiyear partnership with nonprofit DonorsChoose.org. Whether a team has been eliminated, needs to upgrade training equipment or needs new uniforms, “Mission Tiger” is ready to help.

I'm glad I ate Corn Pops yesterday.
Tomorrow? Maybe Special K.
Been drinking too many cervezas (a close cousin of cereal). :)

Reactions: develman
I think it's mostly cool. The one problem is I wish the Tiger part of the logo was smaller. Like flip the size of the Tiger and the Star.

Last edited:
Reactions: unihorn
I think it's mostly cool. The one problem is I wish the Tiger part of the logo was smaller. Like flip the size of the Tiger and the Star.

“Sun Bowl” is only about 10% of the logo real estate. Kind of surprised the Sun Bowl people didn’t negotiate a larger footprint, as most will not even see those words. Other than that, I like it.

Remember who was first when Bowl games turn to minor league gimmicks like this, Sun Bowl might be ahead of the curve on this one. Should sell lots of merch imo.....could end up being a genius marketing move.

LOL! Exactly.

Used by "Hawkeye" on M*A*S*H it was good to see South Park bring it back.

Noles lost again today. Need two more wins to be bowl eligible— unless their players are super smart.

The Sun Bowl game is crap now. Too bad they didn't wan to tie it to conference affiliation for UTEP to the AAC. We will get two 6-6 teams and their "star players" wont even play in the game.

The Sun Bowl game is crap now. Too bad they didn't wan to tie it to conference affiliation for UTEP to the AAC. We will get two 6-6 teams and their "star players" wont even play in the game.
Was that even an option? It doesn’t seem like a logical business decision for the Sun Bowl or the AAC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT