ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP Coach Rodney Terry accepts Texas Assistant job

40d93dfa05d4afc6470ad2da814a7824.gif

Reactions: axingfools1
I'm not trolling but do you want Billy back in El Paso? His health is not great, he has now come clean and fought his demons with alcoholism and appears to be happy where he is at. You want your friend(s) to be happy and healthy, don't you? Them let him stay put at TSU.

Now if he is eager beaver, health is ok and can promise to stay away from the Cincy District, well then by all means at least give him an interview.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I'm not trolling but do you want Billy back in El Paso? His health is not great, he has now come clean and fought his demons with alcoholism and appears to be happy where he is at. You want your friend(s) to be happy and healthy, don't you? Them let him stay put at TSU.

Now if he is eager beaver, health is ok and can promise to stay away from the Cincy District, well then by all means at least give him an interview.
Let him make that choice for himself. Maybe he wants the UTEP job (where he already knows the city will embrace him) and, if so, then a good friend would extend the interview. If he's happy where he is, then he can turn down the interview.

If we don't even ask, then heads need to roll.

Not up to us to be his momma. He's a grown man. He's made mistakes. He's had health issues. He's overcome plenty. He is a great coach. I'm good with at least asking him if he's interested and letting him decide for himself.

Let him make that choice for himself. Maybe he wants the UTEP job (where he already knows the city will embrace him) and, if so, then a good friend would extend the interview. If he's happy where he is, then he can turn down the interview.

If we don't even ask, then heads need to roll.
"Hey Billy! How about some hookers and bourbon?!"

• Sad
Reactions: FeralFelidae
This is who people should be blaming. Terry is the one who quit on his players. It's not Goldings or anyone else's fault.

Yeah, Texas had a "good day" getting Indiana State transfers. I'm SURE they are doing cartwheels in Austin over that! Why didn't he chase Kentucky transfers? THAT would be a huge get.

Mark was a big get for Terry. He should have stayed in Houston

Come on Golding. Tons of dudes out there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT