ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs UAB

Don't know how we match up with UAB. They are solid on defense, rebound well and have a good all around game. Hope we catch them on an off night which they do have on occasion. (Marshall got them as well). We can't rely on Boum having a monster game every game, we are going to need another player go off as well to have any chance.

Don't know how we match up with UAB. They are solid on defense, rebound well and have a good all around game. Hope we catch them on an off night which they do have on occasion. (Marshall got them as well). We can't rely on Boum having a monster game every game, we are going to need another player go off as well to have any chance.
UAB is a very balanced team offensively so they will be a major challenge for the UTEP defense. It will be difficult to focus on any one player, but limiting Jelly Walker is one key. We have to really rebound, or it is going to be a long night. Defensively, UAB switches from man to zone often, so the team needs to be prepared to counter. I'm hoping to keep it a low scoring grinder type game that we can pull out the win. UAB's roster/depth is probably the best in CUSA, in my opinion.

UAB is a very balanced team offensively so they will be a major challenge for the UTEP defense. It will be difficult to focus on any one player, but limiting Jelly Walker is one key. We have to really rebound, or it is going to be a long night. Defensively, UAB switches from man to zone often, so the team needs to be prepared to counter. I'm hoping to keep it a low scoring grinder type game that we can pull out the win. UAB's roster/depth is probably the best in CUSA, in my opinion.
Thanks Train!

Defense playing great and making it difficult on UAB early on. UAB with 9 turnovers already.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Onyema is playing some ball! Needs more minutes.

Offensive rebound > monster put back> get that shit outta here rejection. All in the span of 30 ticks of the clock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
Let’s see if we can play with the same intensity on defense in the second half. If we can do that, I like our chances.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Nice half of play defensively forcing 11 UAB turnovers. Really should be up double digits but will take the 7 point lead. Love the energy Onyema brings.
I give us a chance against anybody in CUSA…when we’re rested. We look like a different team than who played MT. Come tourney time, we just are not gonna have that luxury, though.

6,000 tops. I was expecting more due to UAB in town and Covid rates really low.

The crowd doesn’t look good on tv. Although small, the crowd is loud and very engaged.

It’s nice to see some good scoring balance from the Miners. KK has made his presence known with 5 points in the first half and has played good defense.

I give us a chance against anybody in CUSA…when we’re rested. We look like a different team than who played MT. Come tourney time, we just are not gonna have that luxury, though.
Having Kennedy back will help, and hopefully Onyema will continue to provide good minutes. That would do wonders for our depth. There's just too much drop off when some of the other bench guys come in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT