ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs UAB

Agree. I know we missed some freethrows, but to me the biggest problem was the offensive rebounds by UAB. The problem with this type of defense is that it is vulnerable for giving up second chances. Also, if the turnovers don't get generated, it is another problem. UAB had 11 turnovers in the first half, versus 6 in the second half. Pretty much the tale of the tape.
The problem with this type of defense is that it is vulnerable for giving up second chances.

Agree 100. I really like our aggressive style, but I'm not a fan of defending outside to in. Bringing out our center to double team above the 3 pt line makes me cringe every time. I would much prefer strong rim protection and rebounding while letting our guards play as tough as they can to defend the perimeter.

The problem with this type of defense is that it is vulnerable for giving up second chances.

Agree 100. I really like our aggressive style, but I'm not a fan of defending outside to in. Bringing out our center to double team above the 3 pt line makes me cringe every time. I would much prefer strong rim protection and rebounding while letting our guards play as tough as they can to defend the perimeter.
Yep. It doesn't help that our primary 5 is an average rebounder, that our 4s are undersized (one in height, the other in weight), and that we play 3 guards most of the time. I don't think we will ever be great in the rebounding area with this style, but we sure can get a lot better with the right personnel. We are going to have to It seems, because I'm not sure Golding plans on adjusting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT