ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs UH

This team is in desperate need of a facilitating PG, they can’t get into a clean offensive set in the half court. Thats a huge issue, plus we now see why Kaden Archie didn’t star or play at TCU. Guard play is an D- right now against a legit team.

lack of solid PG play is this teams biggest issue, RT has three games to figure that out before C-USA play. Is it enough time?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Ok, Miners. I put my money on you. You don't have to win although one or two of my bets need you to win. Otherwise, must cover the spread and let's keep the scoring down. Play tough defense. Gotta get the under.

Don't think you're going to get the under.

This has been a bit difficult to watch. And still no Tarke or Stroud. I guess the flashes they've shown have been just that -- flashes. Coach still won't play them.

Hope Boum and Verhoeven continue their stellar defensive play. Seems our best chance is going to be by shutting them down as much as possible. Our offense and our rebounding SUCKS.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
We really need 2 guards to step up and take over on offense if we are going to win. I agree Efe needs more time over Vila, but he can't be missing free throws when he gets chances. Terry is really strapped right now.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
This team is in desperate need of a facilitating PG, they can’t get into a clean offensive set in the half court. Thats a huge issue, plus we now see why Kaden Archie didn’t star or play at TCU. Guard play is an D- right now against a legit team.

lack of solid PG play is this teams biggest issue, RT has three games to figure that out before C-USA play. Is it enough time?
How would this team look with Likekele?

I think Lathon has a better 2and half

I thought we’d be a pretty good rebounding team. We suck on the boards.

And like bigwood said, and lil_train has been saying all along, until we find a facilitator, our half court offense will continue to be anemic. Lathon just cannot create.

I just talked to Senter for a few minutes. He’s sporting a stylish goatee. Very nice man. I like him.

Reactions: jdubb66
Lathon has vanished again. Edwards can't find his ass.

This. Edwards was one of our leaders early in the season but he's all but disappears in the last several games and nobody has stepped up in his place. We are in trouble going forward if Edwards doesn't get his shit together since coach is not giving the bench any meaningful minutes.

Where is that powerful offense we saw against Tech? Edwards and Lathon took over that game.

Wow. 31% shooting. Out rebounded 14 to their 26. 0 blocks by us to their 7.

Pathetic.

Where is that powerful offense we saw against Tech? Edwards and Lathon took over that game.
Been saying one of these cats needs to consistently take over at guard by the end of this stretch of the season.... got 140 minutes for someone to emerge or we might be in trouble afterall.

All this team is really missing is a consistent scoring punch from the guard spot, this team will be a work in progress for the most of the year which is fine, but one of these guards need to step up in a big way.

Reactions: axingfools1
Good point. Williams is struggling inside against their swarming defense. He needs to catch it facing the basket.

If I was RT I would play Hawkins more down the stretch. He can have a big half if given the opportunity.

Reactions: axingfools1
UTEP section had a loud defense chant going. UH crowd responded with a louder one.

We are probly gonna lose this game. But I wanna say this. last year we were losing to Norfolk state and North South East West Louisiana. And ranked 330 out 350. Terry has done a great job getting us to this point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT