ADVERTISEMENT

UTEP vs UH

I've sad it already before. When everybody was saying this was the best team since Caracter and Williams is the best player since Hardaway I said wait until after Christmas until you make predictions. I thought UTEP had a chance to win, but didn't think they would lose by over 20.

Well, this probably IS the best team since character, cause we haven't had shit since... and Williams absolutely has the potential to be the best since Hardaway. Regardless of tonight's loss, Williams is an absolute monster. The guy gets buckets from every length of the floor. His repertoire of post moves is spectacular. Most impressive player I've seen since culpepper or SJ, and honestly I don't think they were on his level.

As for tonight's game, I don't think we're as bad as the score suggests. We were doomed by playing this many games in such a short time, and we played our toughest opponent last.

I don't, however, think we're an overly impressive team. We all know this team's deficiencies by now. Only thing we can hope is that it's a matter of the team building chemistry before reaching whatever potential we have. It's not unusual for a "new" team like us to hit their stride toward the end of the season *cough* *memphis*...

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Missed the game tonight, ironically traveling back to EP. Sounds like it was a rough one. Not super surprised based on what we have seen from the team at home. Looks like we were in the game until about the 8 minute mark in the second half. Why did the wheels fall off at that point?

I’ve not been much of a Hawkins fan going back to last season, but he’s growing on me. Not because he’s better than any of our guards but because he usually brings an intensity to the game. Not just tonight. That’s my take anyway.

100%

He's the energy spark on third team

Reactions: jdubb66
Missed the game tonight, ironically traveling back to EP. Sounds like it was a rough one. Not super surprised based on what we have seen from the team at home. Looks like we were in the game until about the 8 minute mark in the second half. Why did the wheels fall off at that point?
T on Boum turned the tide. We went from 5 down to 20 down in a few minutes.

Souley Boum had a fantastic drive thru the lane for a tough layup. Immediately talked smack to the UH guy and got nailed with a technical foul. His shot cut the UH lead to 5. They went to the FT line and dropped in two free throws while Rodney Terry was ripping into Boum for his stupidity and that, as they say, was that. UH never looked back.

Well, this probably IS the best team since character, cause we haven't had shit since... and Williams absolutely has the potential to be the best since Hardaway. Regardless of tonight's loss, Williams is an absolute monster. The guy gets buckets from every length of the floor. His repertoire of post moves is spectacular. Most impressive player I've seen since culpepper or SJ, and honestly I don't think they were on his level.

As for tonight's game, I don't think we're as bad as the score suggests. We were doomed by playing this many games in such a short time, and we played our toughest opponent last.

I don't, however, think we're an overly impressive team. We all know this team's deficiencies by now. Only thing we can hope is that it's a matter of the team building chemistry before reaching whatever potential we have. It's not unusual for a "new" team like us to hit their stride toward the end of the season *cough* *memphis*...

No way. 10-11 and 14-15 teams were better.

And no way Williams will be better than Foster, Culpepper, Rivera, Wolfram, Caracter, Davis, and Jackson.

You're really putting down Randy And Stefon that they weren't at William's level.

Souley Boum had a fantastic drive thru the lane for a tough layup. Immediately talked smack to the UH guy and got nailed with a technical foul. His shot cut the UH lead to 5. They went to the FT line and dropped in two free throws while Rodney Terry was ripping into Boum for his stupidity and that, as they say, was that. UH never looked back.
Thanks. So it sounds like we right in there. Road games are whole different animal as we know. The guard play is obviously concerning. I also agree that it is time to see more of Hawkins. Hoping the team learns from the loss, and their soft schedule has really not done them any favors.

So we gave up a 14-0 run in the 1st half and a 16-0 run in the 2nd half (right after being down 5 with just under 8 minutes to play).

First visit to Fertitta Center? Impressions?
I went there a few times back around 06-09 but hadn’t seen it after the renovations. Wow, what a difference! As soon as you walk in, there’s a mini nba arena feel to it. I like the new seating layout. The student section is awesome. I like how they have a built in space for the dj. The way they distribute the students, cheerleaders, band, and dance team ensures there’s noise all around the arena.

I loved what they did with the seats behind the benches and UTEP should follow. The suites and reserved luxurious seats look fancy. The people sitting there had a snotty look, but I don’t blame them. Looking at the crowd, it seems like they’re targeting the wealthier fans. There’s not a bad seat in the house.

Of course the light show and intros are on another level.

Btw here’s a video I took of the light show. I don’t know when it will get deleted so watch it while you can.

It was raining ice for UTEP. They couldn't make a shot. UH had one plan that was successful: Shut down Williams.

I agree with commentators in the scheduling. UTEP needs to stop this huge gap in scheduling and play one or two during finals too stay fresh. Boum was the only one with fire in his gut last night.....a little too much fire.

I'm not happy you perverted homophobic moron.

giphy.gif

Alot of folks overreacting over this loss. Not so much in this board but on Twitter. Everyone needs to relax. I predicted 10-3 ooc with losses to @ NMSU, @UH and vs Washington. Everything is still on track.

Alot of folks overreacting over this loss. Not so much in this board but on Twitter. Everyone needs to relax. I predicted 10-3 ooc with losses to @ NMSU, @UH and vs Washington. Everything is still on track.
You might be spot on. We really need to beat Hawaii and get s road win before conference.

Reactions: Dmanminer
I went there a few times back around 06-09 but hadn’t seen it after the renovations. Wow, what a difference! As soon as you walk in, there’s a mini nba arena feel to it. I like the new seating layout. The student section is awesome. I like how they have a built in space for the dj. The way they distribute the students, cheerleaders, band, and dance team ensures there’s noise all around the arena.

I loved what they did with the seats behind the benches and UTEP should follow. The suites and reserved luxurious seats look fancy. The people sitting there had a snotty look, but I don’t blame them. Looking at the crowd, it seems like they’re targeting the wealthier fans. There’s not a bad seat in the house.

Of course the light show and intros are on another level.

Btw here’s a video I took of the light show. I don’t know when it will get deleted so watch it while you can.

Looks awesome. All you need to do that would be a UHD Laser Projector and a laptop. You wouldn't even need a hardwire. You could generate another 1000 seats per game minimum with the excitement and energy created by a $20,000 investment. C'mon UTEP.

Reactions: JCorona
Looks awesome. All you need to do that would be a UHD Laser Projector and a laptop. You wouldn't even need a hardwire. You could generate another 1000 seats per game minimum with the excitement and energy created by a $20,000 investment. C'mon UTEP.
That’s some advanced technology and a hefty investment. I figured the best we could do is get a couple of flashlights and some students to stand on top of the speaker system and project onto the court shadow hand puppets.

That’s some advanced technology and a hefty investment. I figured the best we could do is get a couple of flashlights and some students to stand on top of the speaker system and project onto the court shadow hand puppets.
Nevermind the 20K. You could probably get a decent system for 100k if you went with "professional" installation. But a couple of homies could do it on the cheap.

Reactions: JCorona
Nevermind the 20K. You could probably get a decent system for 100k if you went with professional installation. But a couple of homies could do it on the cheap.
We can hire two carnales from Texas Boombox Factory and they’ll do it under the table. We might even be able to find the system there. If they don’t have it in stock they can get one shipped in from China overnight.

In all seriousness I would love to see the Don updated. Houston’s arena is like day and night from when they played in CUSA to how it is now.

I use to know a couple of guys on Copia, that would hook you up(sound system) but a couple of weeks later it might be stolen and you go back to them and they would install "another system" more than likely it was the same one they installed the first time. The cheap way may cost you more in the long run.

We can hire two carnales from Texas Boombox Factory and they’ll do it under the table. We might even be able to find the system there. If they don’t have it in stock they can get one shipped in from China overnight.

In all seriousness I would love to see the Don updated. Houston’s arena is like day and night from when they played in CUSA to how it is now.
With military grade lasers pa cavarle chingar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT